GKABS

Air Force Birthday

Air Force Birthday

The U.S. Air Force was officially founded on 18 September 1947, and in the decades since it has established itself as an air force second-to-none.

1000w_q75-2.jpg.8c8ba9edb3aa249de7951baca8cf7de5.jpg

IMG_20210920_155716.jpg

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, GKABS said:

IMG_20210920_155716.jpg

Beautiful Flankers! Happy Birthday United Soviet Air Force! Oh wait... :haha:

• Haha 5

58 minutes ago, Menrva said:

Beautiful Flankers! Happy Birthday United Soviet Air Force! Oh wait... :haha:

You are correct this made the news too. I really didn't know 

6146d59c20302712f57a4e3b.jpg.6cd58c823377b02dce42c554df0f7f26.jpg
The official Twitter account of US Southern Command is facing mockery after it posted a picture featuring silhouettes of Russian Sukhoi fighter jets to mark the US Air Force’s birthday.

The simple graphics, posted on the occasion of the 74th birthday of the USAF, featured three top-down views of warplanes. The silhouettes don’t feature much detail, but their tail sections strongly implied that the aircraft are not from the fleet normally deployed by the American armed forces. Instead, they strongly resemble Sukhoi Su-27 twin-jet fighters.

The apparent gaffe was met with a strong reaction on social media that leaned heavily towards mockery.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

got into a FB arguement last week because the a fan Carolina Panthers football team posted a pic on their page of "stealth fighter" silohuettes dropping beers.

the silohuette was of a Su-57.

now, the team is located in Charlotte NC, which has an ANG unit that lies C-17s. local unit and more appropriate for dropping beers. i jsut point out it was a russian jet and the local plane would be a better choice anyhow.

guy that posted got into a big arguement with me that i was wrong, they were F-35s, like (and heres where it gets interesting) "the ones stationed at Ft Bragg" (an Army base) "next to the YF-22s at Fayetteville". he knew what he was talking about because he used to be in teh Air Force.

i figured it would be a waste of time to point out i was stationed at Bragg for 13 years total, and there were no Air Force aircraft of any type stationed there anymore as the Air Force base reverted to Army control (from Pope AFB to Pope AAF).

but yeah, people dont really do much homework anymore

Edited by daddyairplanes
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, daddyairplanes said:

got into a FB arguement last week because the a fan Carolina Panthers football team posted a pic on their page of "stealth fighter" silohuettes dropping beers.

now, the team is located in Charlotte NC, which has an ANG unit that lies C-17s. local unit and more appropriate for dropping beers. i jsut point out it was a russian jet and the local plane would be a better choice anyhow.

guy that posted got into a big arguement with me that i was wrong, they were F-35s, like (and heres where it gets interesting) "the ones stationed at Ft Bragg" (an Army base) "next to the YF-22s at Fayetteville". he knew what he was talking about because he used to be in teh Air Force.

i figured it would be a waste of time to point out i was stationed at Bragg for 13 years total, and there were no Air Force aircraft of any type stationed there anymore as the Air Force base reverted to Army control (from Pope AFB to Pope AAF).

but yeah, people dont really do much homework anymore

And that person must be really educated and know a lot more then others about Covid vaccines because HE knows all about it...

Do not want to judge... but... their arguments are SO strong...

Like a guy 3 weeks ago on a ferry. ! was explaining some naval things (right of passage, buoys, meaning of this and that, etc.) to my 8 years old son and after 10 minutes the guy shout at me Are you about done to say bullshit to your son? To whom i replied : been a Royl Canadian Navy Cadet for 7 years and a naval fficer in the Royal Canadian Navy (Reserve) for 4 years, so i know what i'm talking about... Did not see him for the rest of the trip :)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, daddyairplanes said:

The designers and creative artists often have no idea about planes. They take the most cool looking birds for their work and to be honest the Su-57 looks much cooler than a F-35 or F-22.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 1977Frenchie said:

i replied : been a Royl Canadian Navy Cadet for 7 years and a naval fficer in the Royal Canadian Navy (Reserve) for 4 years, so i know what i'm talking about... Did not see him for the rest of the trip :)

lucky. i tend to get the "oh well i really wanted to serve but....." right after mentioning 21 years being all i could be (yes that was still the recruiting slogan for the Army when i went in)

2 hours ago, Gepard said:

The designers and creative artists often have no idea about planes. They take the most cool looking birds for their work and to be honest the Su-57 looks much cooler than a F-35 or F-22.

cooler yes. functional, im not so sure.

but i preferred the YF-23 back before it was cool (reading the latest updates in AW&ST back in 91), and it has a wider flatter appearance too.