Sign in to follow this  
NIELS

Help Wrench! - How To Move/Remove/Hide Cockpit Bits

I have been beating my head against the wall trying to move, hide some items in the Stock TW A-4B cockpit. Specifically Labs Timer, and Labs Insterment gauge. I am using your 'How To Move/Remove/Hide Cockpit Bits' guide with no success. Does this work with TW Stock Aircraft pits? If so I must be doing something wrong.

Please help Wrench

Thanks, NIELS

Not Wrench, but maybe this helps:

In the aircrafts cockpit.ini

Add

Instrument[xxx]=LABS_timer

in the upper part, where xxx is the next free number

and

[LABS_Timer]
Type=INACTIVE
NodeName=labs_timer

at the bottom to remove the thing labeled LABS TIMER in the cockpit. Don't know, what you mean with insterments gauge though.

Edited by Nyghtfall
spelling
  • Like 1

Thanks Nyghtfall, I think I found out the problem - using wrong Lod. I think it was from SF1. So is it possible to complete with SF2 stock TW pits?

ie; the Move/Hide/Inactive command

Edited by NIELS

it works on all cockpits, regardless of Gen1 or NextGen. TK never changed the mesh names, that i'm aware of, from sf to sf2.

make use the ]insturment number[ is listed, and then add the 'move' statements at the end. 

Never used the 'inactive' command, so if Nyghtfall says it work, take that as gospel!!! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Roger that - Thanks to you both for the quick reply, will keep workin it. :good:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Wrench said:

it works on all cockpits, regardless of Gen1 or NextGen. TK never changed the mesh names, that i'm aware of, from sf to sf2.

make use the ]insturment number[ is listed, and then add the 'move' statements at the end. 

Never used the 'inactive' command, so if Nyghtfall says it work, take that as gospel!!! 

"Inactive" works, but only for SF2. For reference, you can have a look at my A-4PTM-mod. I have used all kinds of stuff to change the look of the cockpit ("inactive" for radarscreen and all kinds of "move" and "rotate" to shuffle the instruments around).

• Like 1

Got it figured out Nyghtfall, hadn't done much of this cockpit editing in quite a while. Was making changes in ini and expecting to see it in Mue's lod viewer. Finally went in sim and observed the changes.

'Inactive' work's like a charm! :good:

Much appreciated, Thanks for all you do for this community and the SF2, WOx series.

1 hour ago, NIELS said:

Got it figured out Nyghtfall, hadn't done much of this cockpit editing in quite a while. Was making changes in ini and expecting to see it in Mue's lod viewer. Finally went in sim and observed the changes.

'Inactive' work's like a charm! :good:

Much appreciated, Thanks for all you do for this community and the SF2, WOx series.

Good to hear that. :drinks:

Unfortunately ini-edits don't work with LODviewer...you have to fire up SF2 for every small bit you changed to check. I'm currently rearranging a cockpit too and in the last week I started SF2 more than in the whole last year. :biggrin:

You can use LODviewer for measuring the approximate distances though, if you move instruments around on the panel.

• Like 1

This is a patience game! :hi:

• Like 1