Sign in to follow this  
James Fox

Windows 11

Any one here upgraded to Windows 11 and if you have does Strike Fighters 2 work? I am still on Windows 10. 

Based on what I have heard, Windows 11 increases the performance of the newest intel CPUs but reduces performance of AMD Ryzen cpus.

As I just built a Ryzen PC, I don't think I will be trying Windows 11 anytime soon.

• Like 1

I am in the AMD group too. Staying put for a while. 

4 hours ago, streakeagle said:

Based on what I have heard, Windows 11 increases the performance of the newest intel CPUs but reduces performance of AMD Ryzen cpus.

As I just built a Ryzen PC, I don't think I will be trying Windows 11 anytime soon.

That sucks as my laptop has a Ryzen CPU.

11 hours ago, streakeagle said:

Where did you hear about it?

YouTube hardware guys. The performance drop can be significant, especially for games. Improves intel products? Degrades AMD products? Coincidence? My very old Core i5 4690K is apparently too old to support Windows 11, even though it still scores very well on performance benchmarks. The key factor is the security functionality. Newer motherboard chipsets and cpus are needed to be "secure".

I am not excited about Windows 11 at all. The switch to Windows 10 wasn't too painful since I waited for it to mature a bit. I still think Windows 7 was better aside from modern hardware support.

Edited by streakeagle

The latest Windows 11 update made Ryzen performance even worse.

Great, but good thing I haven't upgraded to Win 11 myself.

Edited by EricJ

On 10/6/2021 at 9:40 PM, James Fox said:

Any one here upgraded to Windows 11 and if you have does Strike Fighters 2 work? I am still on Windows 10. 

I just upgraded to WIndows 11 and I had only an issue with the afterburner sound (didn't play correctly and is kinda annoying really) but it worked fine for me.

As for Ryzen chipsets they  must have fixed it  because I haven't seen any performance issues with The Division 2 game, and Strike Fighters 2 at least. Maybe other games are affected  but I didn't see any difference in performance since upgrading.

• Like 1