Hi,

I'm after some help. I have tried to mod the Mirage IVP to have non nuclear bombs, something like in the following pics. I have tried to follow the info in the KB about editing loadouts but without success, any help much appreciated.

Cheers

Jeff

ezgif-6-7544f3541b0e.jpg.8bfb794fcd417093a5842dbf1a77da82.jpg

mirage10.jpg

starting questions

- did you edit the aircraft data ini from NUC to BOMB?

- do you have the French weapons that would have actually loaded, or did you change the attachment types to NATO or USAF?

- do you have the dual ejector racks that would be needed for most of those layouts? (french bombs and dual ejector racks found in several mods, easiest being Gunny's weapons pack but with many newer ones out there im sure)

- finally, out of my own curiosity, are you planning to use Mk80 series bombs? the french would use SAMP series bombs, and still have a big enough defense industry and military to not buy American:biggrin:

none of that matters.

have you actually examined the aircraft, either in game or via the Lod viewer?? You'll probably find that NONE of the pylons you require for conventional strike exist on the model (LOD). Oh, sure, you can create 'new' stations, and adjust loadouts, but what are you going to hang the racks & bombs from??? There's no pylons (actual meshes on the physical model itself that are the pylons/mounts/etc), other then those required for the Real World (tm) mission of nuclear strike.

To do what you wish, would require a completely new model.

I've got this if you want it m8.....?

"What if" RAF version.

Mirage_FGR4_Loading.thumb.jpg.49ec77778a5ea0809a6e23f6a54e67e2.jpg

• Like 10

Thats what i was after Sundowner. Would appreciate it, if you could send me that.  :ok:

Cheers

Jeff

• Like 1

@ Sundowner... :good:

Otherwise in the real life from 1986 to 1996  the 19 Mirage IVPs (retrofited Mirage IVAs) were used for the nuclear deterrence (one ASMP missile) and strategic reconnaissance (pod CT-52) roles.

From 1996 to 2004 six Mirage IVPs were used only for strategic reconnaissance missions.

Among the other external stores they were ECM/decoys pods.

P.

Mirage IVP CC.jpg

Edited by Coupi
  • Like 3

Hate to quibble, but why would 23 Sqn be on Mirage IVs? They’re a fighter sqn, it’s a bomber. The RAF is particular about its sqn traditions..  ;)

Nice model though :))

Edited by Mike Dora
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

The RAF....Using......Dare I say it......I shudder at the very notion............Equipped, with, FRENCH Aircraft..The Humanity !!! 

• Haha 3

Well 19 and 23 did use SPADs once.

Over a hundred years ago..   ;)

PS for nitpickers, the Moranes, Farmans,  Nieuports etc don’t count. They were RNAS/RFC.

Edited by Mike Dora

16 hours ago, Sundowner said:

I've got this if you want it m8.....?

"What if" RAF version.

YES!!!

*ahem* ...I mean sure, if you're offering it, SD.

11 hours ago, Mike Dora said:

Well 19 and 23 did use SPADs once.

This is true, and were so traumatised by the whole sorry affair, that the vowed never to use our Gallic "friends" aircraft again, except for the Jaguar collaboration of course, and that was just a british, as it was french, and besides, the RAF version was better anyhow , So There :rofl:

• Haha 3

33 minutes ago, trotski00 said:

This is true, and were so traumatised by the whole sorry affair, that the vowed never to use our Gallic "friends" aircraft again, except for the Jaguar collaboration of course, and that was just a british, as it was french, and besides, the RAF version was better anyhow , So There :rofl:

I would bring up the A330 MRTT , but I'm afraid to have Eurofighter Typhoons targeting my house.:biggrin:

• Haha 1

Airbus is a multinational, and therefore NOT French

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks to Sundowner, sorted out the load plan.

Jeff