Sign in to follow this  
ShrikeHawk

Dogfight Ranges in SingleMission

Is there a way to change the ranges for engagements in singlemission?

I'm encountering scenarios where fighters appear 2 miles away. I'd like to push that out farther if possible. Can do?

Are you talking when you come out of warp at the IP after pressing alt-n?

In the mission editor move either your IP waypoint or the enemy flight’s to give yourself some more spacing before the intercept.

11 hours ago, allenjb42 said:

Are you talking when you come out of warp at the IP after pressing alt-n?

Yes - exactly that.

But I'm hoping to avoid editing each singlemission. I've noted that in some terrains there is a <terrainname>_dogfight.ini file. Does this establish spawning ranges?

It might be for Instant action dogfights rather than for single missions.

58 minutes ago, ShrikeHawk said:

But I'm hoping to avoid editing each singlemission. I've noted that in some terrains there is a <terrainname>_dogfight.ini file. Does this establish spawning ranges?

No, that file establishes spawning locations for multiplayer, which is removed in SF2.

What you ask for has nothing to do with terrains.

Waypoints can be altered globally by tweaking relative values inside the MissionControl.ini file that must be put inside the Flight folder. I never experimented with this though, so you're on your own.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Menrva said:

Waypoints can be altered globally by tweaking relative values inside the MissionControl.ini file that must be put inside the Flight folder. I never experimented with this though, so you're on your own.

Most cool. It at least gives me a place to go looking. Much appreciated!

On 23.10.2021 at 7:25 PM, ShrikeHawk said:

I've noted that in some terrains there is a <terrainname>_dogfight.ini file. Does this establish spawning ranges?

No. This file defines the position, where the dogfight will happen on the map.

On 23/10/2021 at 8:27 PM, Menrva said:

Wondering IF someone already checked that file...

1 hour ago, Stratos said:

Wondering IF someone already checked that file...

Well, yes? With ODS 30AE we provide a custom MissionControl.ini file with tweaks here and there. I just didn't bother about editing the Waypoint section.

2 hours ago, Gepard said:

No. This file defines the position, where the dogfight will happen on the map.

Not exactly, I had already explained what it was;

On 23/10/2021 at 8:27 PM, Menrva said:

No, that file establishes spawning locations for multiplayer, which is removed in SF2.

Edited by Menrva
  • Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By JamesWilson
      Hi everyone,
      I was wondering how to customize the numbers after your callsigns, since it always gives me the same ones.
      I think i managed somehow once, a bit of time ago, but now i forgot and have no idea how to.
      I'm not talking about how to customize the callsign name, but the unit number after it.
      As you can see in the Roster and in the picture under, i get "Fast Eagle 1-1" and "Fast Eagle 1-2"
      Here are some examples:

The numbers on the tail, wing and nose numbers are customized, cause i managed how to change them, choosing them individually for each unit in the mission file by changing "AircraftNumber=" and typing the number, like "2" (as for 202). It doesn't change by typing the whole number tho, like 202 by typing 202, but it goes by typing the number that corresponds to the list of numbers you have. For example, In a list that goes from 200 to 400, you will have to type 10 to get 300. Here i just typed "2" and "7" since the list starts from 200

IIRC, in the past i just used to type the Aircaft number just like that, and in-game i had the proper number after the callsign, like "Fast Eagle 102", not just the number displayed on the plane livery.
      How do i do? I'm pretty sure that it's possible to have "Fast Eagle 102" on my screen HUD and in the Roster
      Thanks in advance for helping me.

• By JPMoney
      Two questions for the experts. I’m playing SF2 Israel, with quite a few aircraft and weapon mods. 
      1. JDAMs
      I’ve never been able to land a JDAM on target. Whenever I release, the bomb tends to sail right past the target. Is there a pod or other feature a plane needs to enable the GPS guidance, like a satellite uplink or something? I feel like I’m within range (usually dropping around 10-15 nm) and take care to fly level. Any tips? I’m flying the F-16I Sufa and F-15I Ra’am when carrying JDAMs.

2. Ground vehicles in Single Mission
      Is it possible to edit what types of ground vehicles spawn in Single Missions? I’m looking to have more influence over what vehicles spawn, for friendlies and enemies. 
      Quick background, I was flying single missions set in the late 2020s and noticed how bare the ground was (no friendly ground targets to select). Updated multiple ground object ini files by extending the availability dates, and that did the trick…partly. Now the map is covered in Hardened Stinger Sites, with half a dozen or more around each friendly airfield. That’s cool and all, but that’s the only ground object that is now spawning that I can actually select and view. I can see trucks and stuff but they aren’t targetable. 

Even if I put the stingers’ availability on Very_Rare, the same number still spawn and there aren’t other targetable objects. I was hoping for some hawk batteries, trucks, tanks, APCs, and other friendly ground objects to help provide more of a sense of defended borders and such. If I’m flying a CAS mission I do see friendly vehicles spawn at the primary objective waypoint. But in those scenarios, I’ll have something like enemy BMP-2s rushing a line of Merkava 3 tanks, and I’d rather see something like T-72s or T-55s than BMP-2s doing that, ya know?
      I can’t find any ini files that look like they’d control this kind of thing. Any thoughts?

• By PleasantStorm

View File SF2_OpDarius_2022_F35_401TFG.zip
      Canadian 401 Tactical Fighter Group F-35 Lightning II Mod 
      This mod requires Strike Fighters 2 and a working installation of
      the Operation Darius Mod available at the Combat Ace website:
      Strike Fighters 2
      https://www.thirdwire.com
      Combat Ace
      https://www.combatace.com
      Direct Link to Operation Darius
      https://combatace.com/forums/topic/74627-operation-darius-final-part-1-of-4/

What Is It?
      This is a mod for Strike Fighters 2 and Operation Darius that adds the
      Canadian 401 Tactical Fighter Group to the squadron choices when flying
      the Operation Darius campaign. The original Operation Darius was limited
      to the CF18 as the Canadian Forces multi-role fighter.
      This mod adds the recently acquired F-35 Lightning II to Single Missions and
      the Operation Darius Campaign for Canadian Forces. Canada, having recently
      procured a number of F-35 jets for their fleet are replacing the aging CF18s
      with the stealth and tactically aware F-35A Lightning II.
      If you're a fan of this sim and the Lockheed-Martin jet, then this is your
      chance to try it if you'd prefer to play as the Canadians.

What's Included?
      I've included textures with proper Canadian markings, including the official
      401 Tactical Fighter Group's own patch on the tail fins. These are simply 
      modded textures of one of the other squadrons texture packs, which were
      crafted by the Operation Darius team. 
      I simply used their work and composited the 401 Patch and the appropriate
      Canadian insignias on the wings, tail and fuselage. I've included the
      original Photoshop layered files in case you want to alter the positioning
      of the "Canadian" elements on the textures.

Installation:
      Simply copy the two folders: Campaigns and Objects to your Operation Darius
      mod directory which is located at:
      WinXP or earlier:
      .\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2\[OpDarius]

Vista/Win7/Win8/Win8.1/Win10/Win11
      .\Users\<username>\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2\[OpDarius]

where [OpDarius] is the name of the folder where you chose to install Operation Darius.
      When you do, it should asked if you want to a bunch of files replaces, just replace all and have done with it and once they're done copying, you should be ready to go.

Thank you to the Combat Ace website, Thirdwire and to the Operation Darius team for making such a great
      addon for an already awesome jet simulator/trainer. Thank you to the Government of Canada for
      making the decision to upgrade our aging fleet of DEW line tasked multi-role fighters with the
      now mature F-35A, and of course Lockheed-Martin for such an awesome aircraft.
      Special thanks to the Canadian 401 Tactical Fighter Group.

Shameless Plug
      I will post this file archive on Combat Ace, but also this file may be freely downloaded directly
      from my own Shhhh! Digital Media website at https://www.shhhhdigital.ca under 
      the software section.

Disclaimer
      These files are shared as is and the creators and file hosts of these files claims no responsibility for any damages incurred from copying them or using them. They have been thoroughly scanned for malware and viruses but no warranty is offered for their use. By downloading and using these files, you are agreeing to the terms indicated in this readme.txt file.
      Submitter PleasantStorm Submitted 05/19/2022 Category Other Origin  
    • By PleasantStorm
      Canadian 401 Tactical Fighter Group F-35 Lightning II Mod 
      This mod requires Strike Fighters 2 and a working installation of
      the Operation Darius Mod available at the Combat Ace website:
      Strike Fighters 2
      https://www.thirdwire.com
      Combat Ace
      https://www.combatace.com
      Direct Link to Operation Darius
      https://combatace.com/forums/topic/74627-operation-darius-final-part-1-of-4/

What Is It?
      This is a mod for Strike Fighters 2 and Operation Darius that adds the
      Canadian 401 Tactical Fighter Group to the squadron choices when flying
      the Operation Darius campaign. The original Operation Darius was limited
      to the CF18 as the Canadian Forces multi-role fighter.
      This mod adds the recently acquired F-35 Lightning II to Single Missions and
      the Operation Darius Campaign for Canadian Forces. Canada, having recently
      procured a number of F-35 jets for their fleet are replacing the aging CF18s
      with the stealth and tactically aware F-35A Lightning II.
      If you're a fan of this sim and the Lockheed-Martin jet, then this is your
      chance to try it if you'd prefer to play as the Canadians.

What's Included?
      I've included textures with proper Canadian markings, including the official
      401 Tactical Fighter Group's own patch on the tail fins. These are simply 
      modded textures of one of the other squadrons texture packs, which were
      crafted by the Operation Darius team. 
      I simply used their work and composited the 401 Patch and the appropriate
      Canadian insignias on the wings, tail and fuselage. I've included the
      original Photoshop layered files in case you want to alter the positioning
      of the "Canadian" elements on the textures.

Installation:
      Simply copy the two folders: Campaigns and Objects to your Operation Darius
      mod directory which is located at:
      WinXP or earlier:
      .\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2\[OpDarius]

Vista/Win7/Win8/Win8.1/Win10/Win11
      .\Users\<username>\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2\[OpDarius]

where [OpDarius] is the name of the folder where you chose to install Operation Darius.
      When you do, it should asked if you want to a bunch of files replaces, just replace all and have done with it and once they're done copying, you should be ready to go.

Thank you to the Combat Ace website, Thirdwire and to the Operation Darius team for making such a great
      addon for an already awesome jet simulator/trainer. Thank you to the Government of Canada for
      making the decision to upgrade our aging fleet of DEW line tasked multi-role fighters with the
      now mature F-35A, and of course Lockheed-Martin for such an awesome aircraft.
      Special thanks to the Canadian 401 Tactical Fighter Group.

Shameless Plug
      I will post this file archive on Combat Ace, but also this file may be freely downloaded directly
      from my own Shhhh! Digital Media website at https://www.shhhhdigital.ca under 
      the software section.

Disclaimer
      These files are shared as is and the creators and file hosts of these files claims no responsibility for any damages incurred from copying them or using them. They have been thoroughly scanned for malware and viruses but no warranty is offered for their use. By downloading and using these files, you are agreeing to the terms indicated in this readme.txt file.
    • By clim995
      Okay so hear me out. I finally plated the NATO fighter campaign in 1953. Guess I just got tired with the short and sharp dogfights of the Radar missile era of the late cold war so I decided to jump to the 1953 campaign on the MiG-15bis cockpit. Well, I have experience with supersonic jet gunfights (MiG-19 is my all-time favorite) but riding the MiG-15bis with a vastly inferior engine is something I am not prepared for.

Sure, I could chase turboprop attack aircraft (A-26 Invaders are my favorite prey!) but I kind of struggle catching with jet engine ones without getting too distracted by my fuel reserves. Once I managed to trash F-84S (they were on a strike configuration and were running away) when I happened to chance upon two Canadair Sabres. They tried to run-away as well but I was too determined to catch them and I eventually did but then they dropped their tanks and turned around and an ensuing dogfight erupted between me and my wingman.

Suffice to say, in my opinion, MiG-15bis guns were horrible. The entire aircraft had the tendency to lose alignment when firing and the bullet ballistics is crap owing to the heavier caliber. The turn radius seems to be terrible as well, as the Canadair Sabre effortlessly managed to outturn me. Then I found myself being chased, completely at their mercy. A Sabre fired a 50 caliber salvo and grazed my wing, clipping my aileron (thank god the tank didn't explode) and I managed to emergency land to a nearby airfield while my wingman managed to shoot one of the Sabre who tried to finish me on my landing approach.

In my opinion, MiG-15bis is a terrifying interceptor and absolutely crap dogfighter, but still, I want to hear your side and opinions on this.

Is the MiG-15bis inferior at dogfighting or am I just a crap dogfighter (lol)? 

(screenshots of my MiG-15bis barely managing to escape from the two Murderous Canadair Sabre on my tail lol)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..