Sign in to follow this  
Becker02

January 1915: Historical Campaign mission Frequence?

Hallo All,

i have a question about the "Campaign mission Frequence - setting Historical" in early 1915:

I have started a Bomber-Campaign on german side in 01.15 with FFA 13. The system let me fly every day. Is it right? I can imagine in this early time of air-forces, that the pilots did fly only every second or third day. If so, I can jump with "T+" of course. But I need a base for it. And maybe it is correct, that they did fly every day. I don't know.

Thanks for answer and Greetings!

Hi Becker,

I am sorry that you received no answer to this very good question. I hope this late contribution will still be useful, though my answer is "it depends" :)

Mission frequency for recon. and art. obs. units depended very much on tempo of operations and atmospheric conditions - if it is an 'active' Front and visibility is good and the days are long then yes, a mission per day in 1915 is reasonable. If it is a quiet Front in winter you might want to reduce that to one every other day and then reduce it even further by cancelling the mission if you get to the airfield after your briefing and find that it is raining, or there is heavy cloud or mist (just quit the mission and fast forward to the next day). In 2015 you would invariably be flying these missions on your own - so if the game assigns a whole flight to the mission you can reduce the fuel for the other members of the Flight to 5% or 10% and they will just take off and land again without flying the mission with you.

B.