GKABS

DDS plug-in for After Effects and Photoshop

This is for members like me who use photoshop but can't open DDS files, you can download the DDS plug-in for After Effects and Photoshop then you don't need to have two software to do your work. I hope you will find this useful.

just download the file and use the correct plug 32 or 64 and you put it in the Adobe Photoshop directory under \Plug-ins and you are all set.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I use the old PaintShopPro, is from the Paleozoic, but still works great, even If it cannot open DDS, for that I use Gimp.

• Like 2

Try using it with the PaintShopPro it may work.  I tryed Gimp but didn't like the control of some of the functions and I like to keep my work under one umbrella.  But if it work for you that is great. :wink:

I downloaded DXTBMP and that works as well.  I did get this from one of the how to forums. 

This also saves back into dds as well

image.png.620d16a95866d54000b3291106179434.png

• Like 2

5 hours ago, GKABS said:

This is for members like me who use photoshop but can't open DDS files, you can download the DDS plug-in for After Effects and Photoshop then you don't need to have two software to do your work. I hope you will find this useful.

just download the file and use the correct plug 32 or 64 and you put it in the Adobe Photoshop directory under \Plug-ins and you are all set.

What Photoshop are you using now GKABS?

I am using photoshop cc 2019 I am happy that my company gets discounts on a lot of good software. But this is going to stop soon as I am going for retirement.  lol 😆 

I use Photoshop CS3 & Gimp.

I always used the Nvidea Plugin for work with DDS files.

• Like 1

GIMP is free, and handles dds

the next to  latest version inst to far off of PS (at least as i remember it 4 years ago) and has about 90% of the same functionality (again, as i recall....)

Btw, latest paint.net versions have now dds plugin integrated, wich can handle also BC7 dds files.

What great information everyone!!  I will need to up grade my Photo shop.  I use Photoshop 9 and 7 and DTXBmp for dds.  GKABS thanks for the helpful post:ok:

• Like 1