Stephen1918

Ford FT-B for the Polish-Russian War

I've been tinkering with the Polish-Russian War. Today I uploaded an armored car for the project. The FT-B was built in relatively small numbers (less then 20) but was an effective fighting machine. Some stayed in service until the 1930's. The download includes high and low poly LOD's and a destroyed version. 

FordFTB01.jpg

FordFTB02.jpg

FordFTB03.jpg

FordFTB05.jpg

• Like 6

Oh very nice mate, very nice indeed.

• Like 1

Thank You ! :good:

• Like 1

Great stuff and thank you, Stephen1918!  Am I missing something or can you get this contraption to fire at aircraft?

• Like 1

Many thanks for this model Stephen - great to see more modding happening for FE2.

Cheers all,

Von S :smile:

Edited by VonS
Edited post.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Silberpfeil said:

Great stuff and thank you, Stephen1918!  Am I missing something or can you get this contraption to fire at aircraft?

Silberpfeil - Good thought, but the gun doesn't elevate high enough to be an AA gun so it's ground targets only.

• Thanks 1

Another great addition. Thank you so much.:clapping:

• Like 1

Great addition! One of my fav scenario btw. An important plane for this war is still missing. The Ansaldo Balilla.

• Like 2

If you are looking for an idea about a widely used vehicle during russian-polish-war how about the "tatshanka".

Tatschanka.jpg.4a0adf81015415f6d0f5489ffb9b11c1.jpg

It was used by the soviets and the polish. The polish used it till 1939.

And there is the modern version of an old russian war song about this charriot.

Edited by Gepard
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, Gepard said:

If you are looking for an idea about a widely used vehicle during russian-polish-war how about the "tatshanka".

This is a very cool looking vehicle, thanks for finding this. Since it fires to the rear, it couldn't be used as a tank in First Eagles,  but it might be used as a truck or as a static prop. Or maybe for AA...

1024px-Mosfilm_-_Museum_-_img11.jpg

Edited by Stephen1918
  • Like 4

On 09.12.2021 at 10:57 PM, Stephen1918 said:

Stephen, the carriage of the Machine-gun cart usually consisted of three people, and there were usually four horses. Although, of course, there could be three horses, two or even one, but this is already an exception to the general rule. ))

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.9a3111f2b689eeb3ac92f40895c4d19e.jpg

61b48670036fe_03.thumb.jpg.2db9766eba0a71d631e9099a57ec43b6.jpg

1fba1b4efaff80012eb3dc1687a544b0.thumb.jpg.4a44f94560b2238d6becafbd3178d6e9.jpg

Edited by Crawford

On 30.10.2021 at 6:05 PM, Stephen1918 said:

Since it fires to the rear, it couldn't be used as a tank in First Eagles,...

Of course, in the war it happened in different ways. But "shooting to the rear" is a mistaken stereotype. In fact, the cart served only for the quick transfer of machine gun units. When approaching the battlefield, the crew removed the machine gun from the cart and manually moved it to position. Shooting directly from the cart was provided in exceptional cases, since in this case the horses fell under enemy fire.

9197_800x600_nosCmXVHNEE.jpg.eb022628f75ca1d21cd626fa1f9286f7.jpg

1549806591_original.jpeg.90a4987fe8fb91bf85f551d8f768c7b3.jpeg

On 11.12.2021 at 12:07 PM, Crawford said:

Stephen, the carriage of the Machine-gun cart usually consisted of three people, and there were usually four horses. Although, of course, there could be three horses, two or even one, but this is already an exception to the general rule. ))

Two horse tatchankas were as common as Troikas or Quadrigas. It depended a lot wheter enough horses were available. In the time of civil war both sides used what they had. Of course a quadriga tatchanka looked much better.

The crew were always 3 men. One driver( is this the correct term?), one shooter and one for the ammo belt to prevent ammo jam.

Polish Tatchanka

61b6040068b23_Tatschankapolish.jpeg.d16b41551a56fc0dd06973ff0d1d69cd.jpeg

Soviet Tatchanka used as Flak.

61b603fece1b2_TatschankaFlak.jpg.335dd47c7a5908fdbb00393b8a752565.jpg

Edited by Gepard
  • Like 3

I used a two man crew so there would be enough room for the gunner to move. Otherwise his range of motion is too limited.

Tachanka02.jpg

• Like 5

On 12.12.2021 at 5:04 PM, Gepard said:

Two horse tatchankas were as common as Troikas or Quadrigas. It depended a lot wheter enough horses were available. In the time of civil war both sides used what they had. Of course a quadriga tatchanka looked much better.

The crew were always 3 men. One driver( is this the correct term?), one shooter and one for the ammo belt to prevent ammo jam.

Polish Tatchanka

Soviet Tatchanka used as Flak.

You're right. But the photo is not the topic.

This is the late 1920s and 1930s, not the Soviet-Polish campaign

• Like 1

On 12.12.2021 at 5:34 PM, Stephen1918 said:

I used a two man crew so there would be enough room for the gunner to move. Otherwise his range of motion is too limited.

Yes, this is understandable, in principle. Another thing is that firing from the Machine-gun cart at planes is a futile occupation. ;)
When we talked about the carriage and so on, we meant a Tatchanka on the march.

Apparently, the Tatchanka in First Eagles can only play the role of an entourage, like the same cavalry, for example.

61b863276ceac_4692284_..thumb.png.eb3393907a55203959f5345761883827.png

4.thumb.jpg.a2cd1360ff1433ffcf66ca1db802d5ad.jpg

Edited by Crawford

I agree with Gepard, a larger horse team looks better. I made a troika version of the tachanka. In FE it functions as a truck (transport) and it shows up in Armed Recon missions. The gunner will shoot at enemy aircraft if they come into his target area. Since he faces the rear, he's perfectly positioned to shoot planes lined up for a strafing or bombing run.

This turned out to be a bigger project than I thought. I got caught up in the challenge of getting the gunner to move in a big enough range to be effective. The file size is much larger that I like, I'll try to bring the size down. Then I have to make the LODs and finish the skins.

Troika01.jpg

Troika02.jpg

Troika03.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 15.12.2021 at 10:19 PM, Stephen1918 said:

The file size is much larger that I like, I'll try to bring the size down.

Is there a need for this?

Not everyone has preserved such ancient PCs as mine, and the rivet counters would have rejoiced in the abundance of details. ))

If you remember, we talked about this when you were preparing your gorgeous Triplane for release. You have removed some detail so that those with lower-end systems to be able to enjoy the game.

Do I want to look at the plane, or do I want to play the game? (с)

But you can go the other way. For example, include a "heavier" high-poly LOD in the download, but add the following Note in the Installation Instructions:

===========================================

A frame-rate friendly option for those with older hardware is to use the Next level of Detail Model as the primary external model. This simply involves changing the first line in the SopwithTriplane.ini from this:

[LOD001]

Filename = SopwithTriplane_HR.LOD <--- Higher resolution

to that:

[LOD001]

Filename = SopwithTriplane.LOD <--- 1.06 MB

Please take advantage of this option should you experience frame-rate issues.

===========================================

Edited by Crawford
  • Like 2

Yes, we've talked about this before, and as I've said before, I make everything to work well on my machine. For me, playing the game is more important than showing off how much detail I can make. I include as much detail as I can without slowing down my computer too much, and that's  what I upload. Of course, when you make yours, you can make it the way you want.

The tachanka will be ready to upload later today.

Edited by Stephen1918
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

There will be a destroyed model, like bleeding horses all around?

Just kidding!!!:lol:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Stephen1918 said:

I make everything to work well on my machine. For me, playing the game is more important than showing off how much detail I can make. I include as much detail as I can without slowing down my computer too much, and that's  what I upload. Of course, when you make yours, you can make it the way you want.

Why did you get so angry? As always, no one forces you to do something contrary to your principles. "I'm an artist, I see it that way!" (c) is a fundamental rule.
And, of course, IF I do mine, I will do it the way I want. For what is the point of making a detailed model and not showing it to anyone, because "my machine" does not produce a sufficient frame rate.:biggrin:

Edited by Crawford