Mitsubishi/Saab JAS-41 (F-2S) Paladin, Preseries Livery, ca. 1998large.img00006.png.f6a11780f350c8d1346707ca8613b4bd.pnglarge.img00007.png.9de9c5ed57671e534b6ddc50c2a8ccaa.pnglarge.img00008.png.4b5fb828ff391309c0f5063169911ee9.png

F21 Luleå, 2004

large.img00009.png.6e740104a200e88a71dc1e25382ac93b.pnglarge.img00010.png.8f0cf79817c9031dcbbabeeae34f1840.pnglarge.img00011.png.69f4c4c0f88c60cead5947c39ea755b3.pnglarge.img00012.png.d6d57384246fdc8f95521c2a94f14594.pnglarge.img00013.png.fd6a7d9ade4311cd6fb7781b0414a50e.pnglarge.img00014.png.591c00f3718e4e72f2c89fc4d2cdb122.png

F7 Sätenås, 2020

large.img00015.png.bb39fcbe18b749d592b2da4a444296f2.pnglarge.img00016.png.e8d169dd6279d651029ad73bfb58dfca.pnglarge.img00017.png.9ed53b6ebea52c2ca8b9cca290ca3723.png

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

One of your best Val, really really loved this one.

• Like 1

I like the Splinter camo' one, looks sharp.

• Like 1

Very Nice! Hope you upload.

Really nice work,  thank you Val. :drinks:

22 hours ago, dsawan said:

Yessssssssssss! beggin for a standalone release

20 hours ago, ext said:

Very Nice! Hope you upload.

Uploaded and awaiting approval

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Swedish roundel is one of the best look ones in the world. I think it makes a lot of aircraft look good.

Edited by KJakker

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By 1309mariano

View File Lockheed/FMA IA-16 "Serpiente"
      Lockheed/FMA IA-16 Serpiente:
      BACKSTORY:
      The year is 1998. Argentina starts showing its newly acquired A-4AR Fightinghawk, modernized to replace the old A-4Bs. While this was happening, it was clear that the Mirages had to be retired anywhere in a near future. So, the Fabrica Militar de Aviones, also called FMA, joins Lockheed Martin to develop a multirole, supersonic fighter, to fill the space that the Mirage will no longer cover. The result of this alliance is the IA-16 Serpiente, a multirole, supersonic and highly capable aircraft, developed from the F-16. The Serpiente is very similar to the Japanese F-2, but they have some differences that make them unique: while the F-2 has a boom receptor for air refueling, the Serpiente has a fuel probe, being capable of refueling from the KC-130 owned by the FAA. The avionics and a lot of parts from the plane itself are made in Argentina, and after 2008, the plane could be made in Argentinian soil without importing a single manufactured piece. The first plane flew in 2002, and was introduced in the FAA in the year 2005. The plane is equipped with Python 5 and AMRAAM missiles. It also can be equipped with AIM-9Xs and, due to the open architecture, it can be equipped with MICA and Meteor missiles. In 2007, Argentina recieved a first batch of 24 Serpientes, with 12 going to the 5th Fighter Group and the other 12 to the 6th Fighter Group, and in 2015, with the retirement of the Mirages and Neshers, another 24 IA-16 Serpiente Block 2 were ordered, plus the modernization of the existing ones to the Block 1+ standard, matching the avionics of the upcoming versions. The nacionalization of the whole assembly proccess of the plane has opened the opportunity for exports, being offered to small countries, like Uruguay, Paraguay and El Salvador. These 3 countries allegedly planned to buy 12 units of the Serpiente each one, but pressure from the US (even though the Serpiente is a US derived product) made them decline the offer. The Serpiente has seen service in the FAA for 15 years now, and is expected to surpass 2040. The future of this plane looks bright, with several modifications planned for the next year, like a radar-absorbing painting, to have semi-stealth capabilities (coming probably next update).
      Special thanks to: 
      Dels, the creator of the F-2.
      EricJ, who uploaded the F/A-18A and its HUD, which I used for this mod.
      SandMartin, who helped me to remake the cabin.
      ValAstur, who inspired me to make this mod, and for the Nachash, the starting point of this.
      Eagle114th, for the screenshots, which he took while I was isolated, and for taking the time to test  everything (he tested absolutely EVERYTHING and helped me correct it)
      ThirdWire, for this awesome sim.
      CONTENTS:
      Lockheed/FMA IA-16 Serpiente and its decals.
      Rafael Python 5 and Hughes AIM-120-AR, the missiles of this plane.
      Fuel tanks.
      Pilot and refuel probe.
      NOTES: 
      The cabin is bugged, and we couldn't fix it. We corrected the position of the seat, but some things dissapeared, as far as I know, the LOD of the cabin is bugged.
      Submitter 1309mariano Submitted 09/04/2021 Category What If Hangar  
    • By 1309mariano
      Lockheed/FMA IA-16 Serpiente:
      BACKSTORY:
      The year is 1998. Argentina starts showing its newly acquired A-4AR Fightinghawk, modernized to replace the old A-4Bs. While this was happening, it was clear that the Mirages had to be retired anywhere in a near future. So, the Fabrica Militar de Aviones, also called FMA, joins Lockheed Martin to develop a multirole, supersonic fighter, to fill the space that the Mirage will no longer cover. The result of this alliance is the IA-16 Serpiente, a multirole, supersonic and highly capable aircraft, developed from the F-16. The Serpiente is very similar to the Japanese F-2, but they have some differences that make them unique: while the F-2 has a boom receptor for air refueling, the Serpiente has a fuel probe, being capable of refueling from the KC-130 owned by the FAA. The avionics and a lot of parts from the plane itself are made in Argentina, and after 2008, the plane could be made in Argentinian soil without importing a single manufactured piece. The first plane flew in 2002, and was introduced in the FAA in the year 2005. The plane is equipped with Python 5 and AMRAAM missiles. It also can be equipped with AIM-9Xs and, due to the open architecture, it can be equipped with MICA and Meteor missiles. In 2007, Argentina recieved a first batch of 24 Serpientes, with 12 going to the 5th Fighter Group and the other 12 to the 6th Fighter Group, and in 2015, with the retirement of the Mirages and Neshers, another 24 IA-16 Serpiente Block 2 were ordered, plus the modernization of the existing ones to the Block 1+ standard, matching the avionics of the upcoming versions. The nacionalization of the whole assembly proccess of the plane has opened the opportunity for exports, being offered to small countries, like Uruguay, Paraguay and El Salvador. These 3 countries allegedly planned to buy 12 units of the Serpiente each one, but pressure from the US (even though the Serpiente is a US derived product) made them decline the offer. The Serpiente has seen service in the FAA for 15 years now, and is expected to surpass 2040. The future of this plane looks bright, with several modifications planned for the next year, like a radar-absorbing painting, to have semi-stealth capabilities (coming probably next update).
      Special thanks to: 
      Dels, the creator of the F-2.
      EricJ, who uploaded the F/A-18A and its HUD, which I used for this mod.
      SandMartin, who helped me to remake the cabin.
      ValAstur, who inspired me to make this mod, and for the Nachash, the starting point of this.
      Eagle114th, for the screenshots, which he took while I was isolated, and for taking the time to test  everything (he tested absolutely EVERYTHING and helped me correct it)
      ThirdWire, for this awesome sim.
      CONTENTS:
      Lockheed/FMA IA-16 Serpiente and its decals.
      Rafael Python 5 and Hughes AIM-120-AR, the missiles of this plane.
      Fuel tanks.
      Pilot and refuel probe.
      NOTES: 
      The cabin is bugged, and we couldn't fix it. We corrected the position of the seat, but some things dissapeared, as far as I know, the LOD of the cabin is bugged.
    • By FANATIC MODDER

View File F-2H Banshee (Razbam) Updated data pack
      F-2H Banshee Updated data pack v1.1
      This is a further update of the DATA.inis of the RAZBAM F-2H Banshee.
      In this updated data pack, there are changes in the data.ini, trying to achieve realistic performance specs.
      So changes are done in almost every aspect of the specs (weight, flightdata, engine thrust etc) for being as close to the real thing as possible.
      For using this pack you need to have downloaded first

- the original RAZBAM Banshee (Go to RAZBAM website for more details)
      - the Banshee Tweeks Pak -for Razbam Banshees of Wrench
      https://combatace.com/files/file/14889-sf2-kaw-f2h-2-banshee-tweeks-pak-for-razbam-banshees/
      https://combatace.com/files/file/15415-sf2-f2h-3-banshee-tweeks-pak-for-razbam-banshees/
      https://combatace.com/files/file/15417-sf2-f2h-4-banshee-tweeks-pak-for-razbam-banshees/
      Credis should go to
      - RAZBAM for the original release
      - Wrench for making this really usable in missions/campaings
      - Ravenclaw_007 for the AN-M30 bomb
      - Spillone for - at least - some of the sounds

Thoughts for further upgrades
      - The AltitudeTableNumData & DryMachTableNumData are really very limited and are restricting realism. Please give me help to correct them. DONE
      - The F2H-3 (F-2C) is without wingtip tanks but in reality all the -2,-3,-4 models had the capability of carrying wingtip tanks.
      I am planning to substitute the LOD of the -3 with the -4 model (since these two were identical externally) but for doing so I am waiting your feedback.DONE
      INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
      - Overwrite everything above v1.0. Place the banshee f2h4.LOD (which you can purchase from the RAZBAM website) in your F-2H3 folder.

What's new in v1.1
      - The Destroyed Model now it's the stock F-84F one.
      - The F3H-3 (F-2C) now uses the F3H-4 LOD. Indeed, the -3 also used more the wing tip tanks than not, since they had a minimal effect on overall performance.
      - Further updated engine data.
      - Corrected ground clearence for the F3H-2.
      - Corrected loadouts. Now the wing pylon can be loaded with bombs (historical).
      - Small touches here & there for better overall result.
      Issues
      - The -4 used a different radar than the -3 model that had also a different radar screen with different symbology (not a successful one, as it often mentioned).
      However, it seems that we have the -3 style radar screen for the - 4 model too.
      - In some sources it's stated that the -4 had 20% more range than the -3 model. I am not convinced for that.
      Most likely it had to do with the need for full throttle/max power more often than the -4 model
      in combat conditions, something which indeed reduced endurance. Therefore I kept the same radius for the -3 & -4 models.
      - The Canadians seldom used their wing tip tanks. I had a hard time to spot canadian F-2s with wing tip tanks when in actual service.
      The most likely explanation is that with the small canadian aircraft was too much to handle the take off of the approx. extra 1 ton of weight with the wingtips on the weak -3 model.
      If someone wants a tank-less RCN F-2, I can update the pack. However the final solution will be to add the tanks as loadouts.

sQUADRONS
      [SquadronXXX]
      Name=VF73
      DisplayName=VF-73 Jesters
      Nation=USN
      [SquadronXXX]
      Name=VF193
      DisplayName=VF-193 Ghostriders
      Nation=USN
      [SquadronXXX]
      Name=VF870
      DisplayName=VF-870 of Royal Canadian Navy
      Nation=CANADA
      Remember this is a freeware!
      Submitter FANATIC MODDER Submitted 02/18/2018 Category ini File Edits  
    • By FANATIC MODDER
      F-2H Banshee Updated data pack v1.1
      This is a further update of the DATA.inis of the RAZBAM F-2H Banshee.
      In this updated data pack, there are changes in the data.ini, trying to achieve realistic performance specs.
      So changes are done in almost every aspect of the specs (weight, flightdata, engine thrust etc) for being as close to the real thing as possible.
      For using this pack you need to have downloaded first

- the original RAZBAM Banshee (Go to RAZBAM website for more details)
      - the Banshee Tweeks Pak -for Razbam Banshees of Wrench
      https://combatace.com/files/file/14889-sf2-kaw-f2h-2-banshee-tweeks-pak-for-razbam-banshees/
      https://combatace.com/files/file/15415-sf2-f2h-3-banshee-tweeks-pak-for-razbam-banshees/
      https://combatace.com/files/file/15417-sf2-f2h-4-banshee-tweeks-pak-for-razbam-banshees/
      Credis should go to
      - RAZBAM for the original release
      - Wrench for making this really usable in missions/campaings
      - Ravenclaw_007 for the AN-M30 bomb
      - Spillone for - at least - some of the sounds

Thoughts for further upgrades
      - The AltitudeTableNumData & DryMachTableNumData are really very limited and are restricting realism. Please give me help to correct them. DONE
      - The F2H-3 (F-2C) is without wingtip tanks but in reality all the -2,-3,-4 models had the capability of carrying wingtip tanks.
      I am planning to substitute the LOD of the -3 with the -4 model (since these two were identical externally) but for doing so I am waiting your feedback.DONE
      INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
      - Overwrite everything above v1.0. Place the banshee f2h4.LOD (which you can purchase from the RAZBAM website) in your F-2H3 folder.

What's new in v1.1
      - The Destroyed Model now it's the stock F-84F one.
      - The F3H-3 (F-2C) now uses the F3H-4 LOD. Indeed, the -3 also used more the wing tip tanks than not, since they had a minimal effect on overall performance.
      - Further updated engine data.
      - Corrected ground clearence for the F3H-2.
      - Corrected loadouts. Now the wing pylon can be loaded with bombs (historical).
      - Small touches here & there for better overall result.
      Issues
      - The -4 used a different radar than the -3 model that had also a different radar screen with different symbology (not a successful one, as it often mentioned).
      However, it seems that we have the -3 style radar screen for the - 4 model too.
      - In some sources it's stated that the -4 had 20% more range than the -3 model. I am not convinced for that.
      Most likely it had to do with the need for full throttle/max power more often than the -4 model
      in combat conditions, something which indeed reduced endurance. Therefore I kept the same radius for the -3 & -4 models.
      - The Canadians seldom used their wing tip tanks. I had a hard time to spot canadian F-2s with wing tip tanks when in actual service.
      The most likely explanation is that with the small canadian aircraft was too much to handle the take off of the approx. extra 1 ton of weight with the wingtips on the weak -3 model.
      If someone wants a tank-less RCN F-2, I can update the pack. However the final solution will be to add the tanks as loadouts.

sQUADRONS
      [SquadronXXX]
      Name=VF73
      DisplayName=VF-73 Jesters
      Nation=USN
      [SquadronXXX]
      Name=VF193
      DisplayName=VF-193 Ghostriders
      Nation=USN
      [SquadronXXX]
      Name=VF870
      DisplayName=VF-870 of Royal Canadian Navy
      Nation=CANADA
      Remember this is a freeware!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..