A-7 Corsair II 1970-1982 skin pack.

Simple skin pack with a few sets of skins for Navy versions of A-7 Corsair II - A/B/C/E and E_74.

Basic modding skills are required to run this mod.  (copy/paste, mod folder structure etc.) 

It is designed for and works only in SF2 series.

To run this mod you need also access to TW lod files from SF2 Series.

*.ini files for loadout, avionics, cockpit, or aircraft data - not included.

Skins cover the years 1970-1982 for the Atlantic and Pacific Fleet.  The pack did not cover Vietnam War CVW deployments.

Pack contains skins and decals. I have included also decals from the upcoming pack for low-viz SLUF. This way it is simpler for me, all decals are in one place, save time, and will not harm anything. 

Skins sets are made in pairs - two squadrons for CVW for a specific year. 

I could not find all proper BuNo / Modex but I am considering this as ongoing work in progress, so one day if I will learn something new there will be an update. Also, not all squadrons have CAG markings, sometimes i could not find info on markings...so I left it, again there might be an update if new info appears.

I believe that pack after unp[backing is around 2GB. So make some space for SLUF.

All skins, new bump maps, specular and decals are made by me. 

Decals are made by me...but I think I have used one or two decals from MAKOTO pack (VA-192?)

report bugs.

enjoy. 

Jarek Hereda.

P.S.

This is huge, a lot of copy-paste for me, all decals.ini, textur.ini, etc...So if you will find that one decal is not showing up or something...just check first - maybe there is some bug in *.ini file. Fix, post solution, etc... So others can benefit from your fix. 

I put a lot of effort and time, checked everything twice..still gremlins can appear. 

This is freeware; it CANNOT be distributed unless permissions are granted by myself.
The original readmes, if any, and all other pieces of the package MUST remain intact.
The names of all contributors, modders, suppliers, etc =MUST= be listed in any new readmes.
This package and any part of it may NOT in any way, shape, or form be used in any payware additions.
See the original readme documentation, if any, for further allowances and restrictions
Any persons wishing to make further modifications, contact me first.
Any persons wishing to make further modifications MUST remember to put everyone's name in it.
Bribes and donations are accepted;

THIS AIRCRAFT MOD OR ANY PART OF IT MUST NOT BE HOSTED OR
POSTED FOR DOWNLOAD ON ANY OTHER WEBSITE WITHOUT MY EXPRESS
PERMISSION, OR USED FOR ANY OTHER PURPOSE THAN THIRDWIRE FLIGHT
SIMULATORS, AND MUST NOT BE SOLD OR OFFERED FOR SALE BY ITSELF
OR WITH ANY OTHER FILES OR MODS.

• Thanks 4

Hello Jarek,

Fan...tastic colored pack ! :good:

I've a  question about the seat and the gun sight : is it the same model included in your second skin package ?

Many thanks !!!

P.

1.JPG.73468ffef3fdbef8c490e07c39ff40d0.JPG

In the second package, I have made mistake and added the wrong seat! Sorry. But it is added to upload as a separate file  -  Seat_SJU-8. This is a seat with a modern E model HUD. This is made for grey SLUF, as I said In 83 SLUF received upgrades..including seat SJU. Instead of old IC2. But in the whole package, there is the wrong seat...Not sure now which one is that I made two for my mods Seat_IC2_AB or Seat_IC2_CDE

First is just gunsight for A and B model (one on your caption above)

and IC2_CDE  which is only modern hud to use with old seat - escapac or whatever is there in the stock game. 

I have a personal mod for A B C E. Added new seats  (new drivers in work)  those fake pilot gunsights/hud... Shrike/HARM rails, ters, mers mod. But I need to reach 1000000 likes and wait two weeks...to upload 

be patient.

Hi ! :smile:

Ok Jarek I understand now ! The A-7 Corsair II is a very interesting aircraft... :drinks:

P.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By yakarov79

View File A-7 Corsair II. SLUF over Vietnam.
      Simple skin pack with a few sets of skins for Navy versions of A-7 Corsair II - A/B/C/E that flew during the air war over Vietnam between 1967-1974.
      Basic modding skills are required to run this mod.  (copy/paste, mod folder structure etc.) 
      userlist.ini included covering correct years of use of specific models.
      Skins cover the years 1967-1974  CVW deployments during Vietnam War. All squadrons year by year.
      The pack contains skins and decals. 
      I could not find all the correct BuNo / Modex but I am considering this as ongoing work in progress, so one day if I will learn something new there will be an update. Also, not all squadrons have CAG markings, sometimes i could not find info on markings...so I left it, again there might be an update if new info appears.
      I believe that the pack after unp[backing is around 2.6GB. So make some space for SLUF.

All skins, new bump maps, specular, and decals are made by me. 

report bugs.
      enjoy. 
      Jarek Hereda.

P.S.
      This is huge, a lot of copy-paste for me, all decals.ini, textur.ini, etc...So if you will find that one decal is not showing up or something...just check first - maybe there is some bug in *.ini file. Fix, post solution, etc... So others can benefit from your fix. 
      I put a lot of effort and time, and checked everything twice..still gremlins can appear. 

PART TWO - OPTIONAL MOD FILES.
      This is only for experienced users!
      who know how to improve the game for themselves, are not afraid of experimenting, and know how to go back to stock ini files if something is not okay.
      This is based on my mod that unifies USN equipment (300 gal tanks, MERs, TERs etc.)
      optional mod files include reworked data files - correcting usage of weapons, fuel tanks, etc. adding some specific tanks, and stations for specific launchers adding fake pilot mods etc, 
      additional fake pilot mods (legendary fake pilot mod required!)
      additional loadout ini files - for a better game experience 
      additional weapons by Ravenclaw to cover weapons needed in new loadout ini files.
      D704 refueling pod/fuel tank by Nyghtfall from his great A-4 pack.. 
      I highly recommend picking up piece by piece from optional mods, testing, and deciding whether to use them or not.
      Use the optional mod as a separate mod or as a reference to make your own. 

This is freeware; it CANNOT be distributed unless permissions are granted by myself.
      The original readmes, if any, and all other pieces of the package MUST remain intact.
      The names of all contributors, modders, suppliers, etc =MUST= be listed in any new readmes.
      This package and any part of it may NOT in any way, shape, or form be used in any payware additions.
      See the original readme documentation, if any, for further allowances and restrictions
      Any persons wishing to make further modifications MUST remember to put everyone's name in it.
      Submitter yakarov79 Submitted 08/20/2023 Category A-7  
    • By yakarov79
      Simple skin pack with a few sets of skins for Navy versions of A-7 Corsair II - A/B/C/E that flew during the air war over Vietnam between 1967-1974.
      userlist.ini included covering correct years of use of specific models.
      Skins cover the years 1967-1974  CVW deployments during Vietnam War. All squadrons year by year.
      The pack contains skins and decals. 
      I could not find all the correct BuNo / Modex but I am considering this as ongoing work in progress, so one day if I will learn something new there will be an update. Also, not all squadrons have CAG markings, sometimes i could not find info on markings...so I left it, again there might be an update if new info appears.
      I believe that the pack after unp[backing is around 2.6GB. So make some space for SLUF.

All skins, new bump maps, specular, and decals are made by me. 

report bugs.
      enjoy. 
      Jarek Hereda.

P.S.
      I put a lot of effort and time, and checked everything twice..still gremlins can appear. 

PART TWO - OPTIONAL MOD FILES.
      This is only for experienced users!
      who know how to improve the game for themselves, are not afraid of experimenting, and know how to go back to stock ini files if something is not okay.
      This is based on my mod that unifies USN equipment (300 gal tanks, MERs, TERs etc.)
      optional mod files include reworked data files - correcting usage of weapons, fuel tanks, etc. adding some specific tanks, and stations for specific launchers adding fake pilot mods etc, 
      additional fake pilot mods (legendary fake pilot mod required!)
      additional loadout ini files - for a better game experience 
      additional weapons by Ravenclaw to cover weapons needed in new loadout ini files.
      D704 refueling pod/fuel tank by Nyghtfall from his great A-4 pack.. 
      I highly recommend picking up piece by piece from optional mods, testing, and deciding whether to use them or not.
      Use the optional mod as a separate mod or as a reference to make your own. 

• By yakarov79

View File A-7 Corsair II 1983-1991 skin pack.
      SLUFs of grey.
      Simple skin pack with a few sets of skins for US Navy A-7E Corsair II. This mod covers late years of use. 
      I highly recommend creating a new aircraft - for example A-7E_83. I have added a data file that will add a new pilot and new SJU seat along with HUD inside the cockpit. Just an eye candy thing.  At the end of 1982, Navy SLUFs started to receive new seats and some minor upgrades in avionics. 
      A-7E_83_Data will add a new pilot, new seat, make openable canopy and foldable wings. Adds landing light and removes Fuel tanks model objects from stations 2 and 7. As A-7 can not carry fuel tanks there. (you can use this remove_mod from a file on older Corairs also)
      The rest of the data file is basically stock one. So still no proper loadouts, rails for Shrikes / HARMs etc. If there will be demand I can upload new highly modified ini files at some point in the future/near future. 
      Skins cover the years 1983-1991 for the Atlantic and Pacific Fleet.  Decal set for 'Desert Shiled' VA-46 and VA-72 is slightly different than in the ODS-30AE pack. (it is downgraded so I recommend not messing with this - mixing with original ODS)
      Pack contains skins and decals. I have included also decals from the previous pack for hi-viz SLUF. So perhaps you can skip this folder but to be sure you can simply overwrite it. I believe there are two more serial numbers for VA-81 /1986.
      Skin-set for 1986 VA-82 has one small 'bug' In 1986 they were painting bird flying through A in AJ tail code. But I could not find a clear photo of it. So I decided to go without a bird. This is subject to possible updates of the pack in the future. 
      I could not find all proper BuNo / Modex but I am considering this as ongoing work in progress, so one day if I will learn something new there will be an update. Also, not all squadrons have CAG markings, sometimes i could not find info on markings...so I left it, again there might be an update if new info appears.
      I believe that pack after unp[backing is around 1GB. So make some space for SLUF.
      All skins, new bump maps, specular and decals are made by me. 

report bugs.
      enjoy. 
      Jarek Hereda.

P.S.
      This is huge, a lot of copy-paste for me, all decals.ini, textur.ini, etc...So if you will find that one decal is not showing up or something...just check first - maybe there is some bug in *.ini file. No need to panic! Fix, post solution, etc... So others can benefit from your fix. 
      I put a lot of effort and time, checked everything twice..still gremlins can appear. 

QUICK FIX!
      I just uploaded an additional seat called - seat_SJU-8. This is the proper seat that is required by optional data.ini.

Submitter yakarov79 Submitted 11/16/2021 Category A-7  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..