Sign in to follow this  
alexis99

Dead RWR on Stealth aircraft

Which MIG-31 is it? I  only have Veltro2k's and haven't flown it yet

@alexis99 very childish behavior on your part. Not only you insist in your wrong claims, you even put dislikes to all my previous posts where I took my time to explain some things you totally ignored. So much gratitude for us modders. What a shame.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

do we have a 'beating head against a wall emoji"? asking for a friend.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

So much furore over someone's creative interpretation of what the MiG-31 or R-37's capabilities are. I can only imagine that if Foxhound and Raptor drivers got together for drinks, they'd be like, 'Guys, guys, check this shite out...'

I'm hoping to be able to fly the MiG-31 and not be able to target the F-22 or F-117, so I'm grasping at straws.

Take a look at the [DetectSystem] values under the MiG-31's data.ini and dumb it down. If you like driving the Foxhound (I for one do not) you may want to fiddle around with the [RadarData] values in the avionics.ini as well.  

Edited by Stick
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Menrva said:

@alexis99 very childish behavior on your part. Not only you insist in your wrong claims, you even put dislikes to all my previous posts where I took my time to explain some things you totally ignored. So much gratitude for us modders. What a shame.

Well people put likes to your posts, so I childishly thought I would retaliate. mio caro bambino

9 hours ago, EricJ said:

****************MiG-31 Foxhound M/BM for SF2********************

1.NOTE, original BM came without the creators ReadMe so I included the ReadMe from latest mod version and that's MiG-31M since creators are basically the same I see no problem

2.CREDITS;

-------
Credits
-------

MiG-31M

Model - Jv44kt,Erwin_Hans

FM by Lindr2,Erwin_Hans

Sound by MarcFighter,Erwin_Hans

Cockpit by - Jv44kt,YEYEYE,Erwin_Hans

HUD by Lindr2,Erwin_Hans

Radar Screen by Lindr2,Erwin_Hans

Skin by Jv44kt

Also,special thanks to Lindr2's datebase.

And Thanks to all CAer's help!

So let's get some parameters clear.

The RWR shows an enemy aircraft when he has painted you, and not before. He should not show if he is at a distance greater than his radar ranging.

The radar paints an enemy aircraft that is within the radar range of the painting aircraft. That should trigger his RWR

The size of the RCS determines at what distance the aircraft can be successfully painted by another aircraft.

Is this all modelled accurately in SF2, is a major part of the question.

The F-117 has an RCS of a gnat's bollock. So I shall start from there.

10 hours ago, EricJ said:

Supplementary answer is that there is only one MiG-31 entry in SF2  Downloads, Cold War, Russian aircraft.

Where do I find your Veltro2k version? It would be interesting to compare avionics and data files

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alexis99 said:

Well people put likes to your posts, so I childishly thought I would retaliate. mio caro bambino

Those people who put likes to my posts are not generic users, but well renowned modders who clearly saw your bashing of our mods. Not only you are so ungrateful for the mods we make, you dare to criticize high quality add-ons (such as Dels' F-117 or the recent Raptor which has been the result of teamwork with greats like yakarov79, Crusader, baffmeister and guuruu) by pointing out fake issues.

I repeated myself something like four times; immediately with the first post I mentioned to look at this MiG-31 or the other Russian aircraft, because they may well have wrong data for avionics and weapons. The MiG-31 does not even have a proper cockpit, it's just a stand-in with wrong avionics. But no, it has never dawned on you that the issue was there, you still insisted in "fixing" what is well researched and correct in the mods I mentioned above.

Simply put, you don't deserve any answer to any question you make, given the low reputation you reserve to us. This is not a place for childish behavior, you may want to start from the basics and learn some manners.

Edited by Menrva
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, alexis99 said:

Supplementary answer is that there is only one MiG-31 entry in SF2  Downloads, Cold War, Russian aircraft.

Where do I find your Veltro2k version? It would be interesting to compare avionics and data files

I think I misspoke, it may be not out yet (I could have sworn it was released) as I may be waiting for it rather than it being uploaded.

In any case I don't have a Mig-31 installed as I deleted it in anticipation for Veltro2k's version and didn't like the Insky version anyway.

Edited by EricJ

if you look at the credits posted for 31, that's the insky version, or at least a variant thereof. They're notorious for inaccuracy and "other things". Lindr2 did all his Mig Mods for SF1 only. A high probability that it's NEVER been fully integrated to SF2.

IIRC, Veltro's hasn't been released (and I could be wrong. it's happened, rarely). Also, there IS a newer, improved model for the 25 coming "in the near future" (ok -- spoiler, sorry my teammates)

CORRECTION:

yes, Ed's 31 is OUT

I approved it myself last December.

Also, PauloPanz issued and update for it

So, maybe the Alexis should have started there??

Got it, thanks Wrench

I have downloaded this too. Thank you. I'll see how well it does against "Stealth" aircraft.

Clearly the MiG-31M I'm using has a strong, extremely long-range radar. It has a serious Phoenix-rivalling AA missile in the R-37 Arrow, and it has a sensitive RWR receiver that can pick up enemy radars from a great distance.

I'm not familiar with the MiG-31A capabilities, but then again I wasn't familiar with the MiG-31M's abilities a few days ago until it kept blowing the F-22 I was flying out of the sky

The radar range is set in the [Detectsystem] in the respective _Data.ini, so you can adjust it however you like to get what you want.

The Mig-31M was in the 4th Gen section. I got it from there because I was looking for contemporary Russian jets against which to fly the EF2000 and F-22A, and it had it's own section.

I didn't look in the Cold War section where the MiG-31A resided, because I didn't imagine I would find a modern post 2000 Russian jet there, and I already had one. So thanks for pointing it out.