Glad to see that the pilot banged out safely, and is back in QE.

But how far we have come. Back in the ‘60s, Scimitars and Sea Vixens went in on a regular basis, sometimes monthly..

• Like 2

Glad the Pilot is ok, dont give a crap about the F-35 though, that can reside in Davy Jones's Locker and rot. Not a fan of the type I fear. 

5 hours ago, trotski00 said:

Glad the Pilot is ok, dont give a crap about the F-35 though, that can reside in Davy Jones's Locker and rot. Not a fan of the type I fear. 

Sadly, I have to agree. This new fangled F-35B is not at all what it is hyped up to be. You can dump them off the back of the carrier and deep-six all of them for me !!! 

• Haha 1

The main thing is that the Pilot managed to bang out, However as for F-35, at least they didnt go for the Boeing contender, that was even uglier and even more crap. I see no other alternative for a Carrier aircraft though, unless we buy French !! 

And now the british, americans and russians are trying to locate the wrack of the plane. If the russians get it first the whole technology of F-35 would be compromized.

They forgot to fucking take off the intake cover... FFS 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

On 11/18/2021 at 11:52 AM, trotski00 said:

I am reminded of the many photographs of WW2 carrier planes being unceremoniously pushed off the back end of the U.S. carriers when the war in the Pacific was finally over and the ships were on their way home. Maybe in several years time we might find a graveyard of dumped F-35B fighters on the sea-floor which were deep-sixed after it was discovered they were declared 'crap' by their former users and then disposed of accordingly.

Dumped at Sea.jpg

Edited by RUSTYMORLEY
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, Crusader said:

Well, when all is said and done, at least he got out ok. But he seemed to be moving far to slow to make it into the air. !!!

Edited by RUSTYMORLEY

Bloody lucky he was snagged by the deck and didn't end up in the water, he would have likely either been hit by the hull or sucked into the screws.

But was the accident caused by mechanical failure or pilot error. ???

The sky news report mentions a rain cover may have been injested by the engine, but surely these waterproof plastic engine covers must have been removed by the aircraft fitters and mechanics well before the aircraft even came on deck. !!!

Best wait till some kind of report is actually released - just worthless speculation otherwise.