Sign in to follow this  
Ruskiwaffle1991

WWII aircraft guns don't work

Plus, if I want to make my SF NA to become WWII,  how do I do it properly? All the files are mixed together and it may be hard to move the files to a new folder.

we have a knowledge base that ACTUALLY answers that question. Look/search for "creating an era specific install". I should know, I wrote it. In fact, let me link it directly, to make it that much eaiser:

I want to convert my NA installation to a all-theater WWII install 

That's one of the dumbest things I've heard in a long time. You'll need, at minimum, 4 -count them- 4 ww2 installs

ETO

MTO

PTO

CBI (of which that specific terrain remains unfinished)

aircraft and ground objects are HIGHLY specific to each theater. 

As to the gun (and by inference) ww2 weapons packs, yes; you'll need them both.

• Thanks 1

And now I have an error because stuff wasn't done properly. There's stuff missing in my old install and all the stuff is scattered around so I will mess up real bad.

delete the mod folders and if necessary the renamed exes and start over. it's that easy

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By mateho9
      Hi all, 

When playing Wings Over Europe whenever I select weapon, change radar setting, gear etc it all shows up in a small box at the bottom. It tells me what weapon is selected and radar distance, i'm sure you know what i'm talking about. But when I play Strike Fighters 2 this box does not appear. Did anyone else have this problem? I have deselected then selected subtitles as its the only setting that was different from WoE.

*edit: I wanted to also add that time compression does show up in the box as well as pause and unpause.

Thanks 
    • By Ruskiwaffle1991
      I just got SF2 yesterday and I can't figure out how to install mods. My install is patched up to the July 2013 version and I placed a mod folder. I followed the instructions in using the F-89 mod and it doesn't pop up in the aircraft selection menu. 
    • By KJakker
      Hello everyone here at Combat Ace. While I was talking last night with some people in the World of Darkness RPG Discord Group I am a member of I had an idea.
      In order to help us get through the cabin fever effect of the social distancing necessary during this time of crisis I would like to propose that CA members who are interested can put together groups to play online/multiplayer PC game that member may have. Those interested could create a CA online gaming thread to list available PC games to find out who has what and organize groups and play times. Maybe use the poll feature to list what multiplayer cable games are available so member an vote to indicate game ownership by member.
      Secondly, with an increase in free time we could put together coordinated joint mod projects that we could work on intensively and maybe add in some mod items that we have been longing for but just never had the time to work on. Members interested could start some brainstorming threads to work out some viable projects.
      Maybe some people who have not been involved in mod creation before could delurk and get your hands dirty now that you have the free time. CombatAce could really use some more modders. Jump on in, the INI files and object LODS are fine! Just watch out for the .TOD files.
      My third idea was that there has to be some table top RPG gamers here on Combat Ace. Would any CA members be interested in putting together some groups to play some table top RPG games online via Discord and/or roll20?
      In addition to the RPG gaming, with regard to Discord my thoughts also go to last night when I and some of the other members on the game server spent the evening watching a movie together and then played Skribbl.io, a free multiplayer drawing and guessing game, before going to bed. We had a great time just being able to talk, watch videos, and spam pet pictures at each other as well. As such I thought that even though we can not leave our homes, go to meet our local friends, talk to our bartenders, or even our therapists , we can still talk to our fellow Combat Ace members and we can all help one another through this crisis with some kind words and a sharing of our mutual worry's. Maybe we can even have some fun in the process!
      I went a bit Hallmark card at the end there.
      P.S. I have set up a "Combat Ace: Cabin Fever" Discord server. Still in development with regard to categories, channels, and rules.
      Link: https://discord.gg/gAmYxKQ
      Roll20 is a free to join website that brings pen-and-paper gameplay right to your browser. Link: https://roll20.net/
    • By willtheboss323
      Could anybody help me find it's location and add nations to it? I've been trying to use the F/A-18E Grun Team skin, but I can't figure out how to add it correctly. I think Nations.ini is in MissionData001.cat, you do open it with Notepad right? If anyone could help me with this it would be awesome!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..