GKABS

TB2 Nightmare

TB2 Russian nightmare in the Ukraine. :rofl:

20211204_165919.thumb.jpg.3b9a3370af8e4501e1978e914d1799a5.jpg

• Haha 2

The russians have already grilled drones over the Donbas area in former times. Why not the Turkey drones in future? :drinks:

Thanks to these drones, I live in peace now. Thank you  Selçuk Bayraktar ! :good::smile:

I can't wait the TB2 in my Mod folder.

e88511e7-d442f9ab937b55e45d23e7e63a13b73

Edited by bazillius
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Gepard said:

The russians have already grilled drones over the Donbas area in former times. Why not the Turkey drones in future? :drinks:

Your absolutely correct my friend :friends: but one of these drones has turned the table on recently in Nagorno-Karabakh war. :wink:

Edited by GKABS
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, GKABS said:

Your absolutely correct my friend :friends: but one of these drones has turned the table on recently in Nagorno-Karabakh war. :wink:

True. But the Armenians had not had the jammer to protect their ground forces.

I remember, that we had in East Germany special vehicles with jammers to protect the tank units against drones and ammo with radio conrolled ignition. IIRC the vehicles were called SPR-1 or SRP-1 or so.  So it looked:

SPR-1.jpg.1637ff870e76c9ff6a934dbaeab33693.jpg

This was 35 years ago. In the meantime the  jammer technic should be much better. The russians tested their jammer devices some years ago against austrian observation drones , which had got the task from OSCE to observe the Donbas area. The russians grilled their onboard electronics by massive jamming and the drones were falling from sky.

• Like 1

Somebody overlisten the russian propaganda.

Edited by bazillius
  • Like 2

I don't understand why didn't the Russians Army used these kind of Jammers in Libya or Syria? or atleast learned the lessens from these two conflicts and used Jammers in Nagorno-Karabakh? It's really simple because the Turkish TB2 have there Jammer support unit that counter any kind of Jammers and they are the KORAL is a land-based transportable electronic warfare system developed to jam and deceive hostile radars 

Service history

Used bySee Operators

WarsSyrian civil war
Libyan civil war
2020 Nagorno-Karabakh conflict. 

Koral-2.jpg.01f8f39dbefdc4e416a3abcdb9f0d07f.jpg

tank units against drones and ammo with radio conrolled ignition

By the way the TB2 do not use radio controlled ignition, they use laser guided smart gliding ammunition that detonate by hitting the target. :friends:

Edited by GKABS
  • Like 3

48 minutes ago, bazillius said:

Somebody overlisten the russian propaganda.

I think the SPR-1 jammers should be in use by ukrainian army too.

31 minutes ago, GKABS said:

I don't understand why didn't the Russians Army used these kind of Jammers in Libya or Syria? or atleast learned the lessens from these two conflicts and used Jammers in Nagorno-Karabakh? It's really simple because the Turkish TB2 have there Jammer support unit that counter any kind of Jammers and they are the KORAL is a land-based transportable electronic warfare system developed to jam and deceive hostile radars 

Service history

Used bySee Operators

WarsSyrian civil war
Libyan civil war
2020 Nagorno-Karabakh conflict. 

Koral-2.jpg.01f8f39dbefdc4e416a3abcdb9f0d07f.jpg

By the way the TB2 do not use radio controlled ignition, they use laser guided smart gliding ammunition that detonate by hitting the target. :friends:

1) The russians had nothing to do with the Nagorny Karabakh war 2021. It were the Armenians vs Aserbaidshanians. The russians were not involved in this conflict.

2) In Libya the russians have "mercenary" troops (Wagner) similar to american Blackwater Company. There is no need for high tech jammers.

3) Syria is a good question. Maybe the russians have their jammers at their naval base and air bases. Or they are confident, that they dont need them there.

4) The SPR-1 is technology of the mid, late 80th. Today there are more sophisticated systems available. Today the jamming is focused on the on board electronic of the drone. If you remember, the iranians were able to bring down an american drone by jamming. IIRC last year or two years ago. And i think that american technology should be superior to turkish. So if american drones are vulnerable against jamming, so are turkish drones vulnerable too. Any by the way, laser guided missiles can be jammed. The russian T-90 tanks have laser jammers on the turret. They were intended to jam laser guided Hellfire missiles.

:drinks:

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Gepard said:

The russians had nothing to do with the Nagorny Karabakh war 2021. It were the Armenians vs Aserbaidshanians. The russians were not involved in this conflict

But their equipment is all Russian and they had the S-300 which was destroyed by TB2.

12 minutes ago, Gepard said:

2) In Libya the russians have "mercenary" troops (Wagner) similar to american Blackwater Company. There is no need for high tech jammers.

They also had the UAE army operating the SA-22-Greyhound-Pantsir-S1 which all were destroyed more than six unit. Plus, they had the  Egyptian army full backing, the Russian mercenary(which is the Russian government army undercover) and the UAE.

In conclusion, it's all about making the technology and benefiting from it. Either to make more money, or to use it to defending your land. 

Either way. I wish peace among the whole world. And everyone. :friends:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gepard said:

The russians tested their jammer devices some years ago against austrian observation drones , which had got the task from OSCE to observe the Donbas area. The russians grilled their onboard electronics by massive jamming and the drones were falling from sky.

Who told it to you?  I cant find. i search it from times when i have seen you said it here. where did this fairy tale come from? "Russia Today"?

3 minutes ago, GKABS said:

But their equipment is all Russian and they had the S-300 which was destroyed by TB2.

True. But all depends on the quality of the soldiers and it is a well known fact, that the caucasians are better dancers than soldiers. They lack disciplin.

The drones in Nagorny Karabahk conflict were really game changers. Their advantage was that the armanians were not aware of that threat. The armenians beliefed in a conventional war with tanks, artillery, helicopters and planes. But drones were unexpected. Thatswhy they had had no defence against drones. Their soldiers were not trained to detect and fight against drones.

Drones are mostly small objects which are often stealthy. And they are slow. So they were missidentified as birds and their signals were ignored by the radar operators. In future you can expect, that "bird" signals on radar screens will get more attention by the radar guys.

:drinks:

5 minutes ago, bazillius said:

Who told it to you?  I cant find. i search it from times when i have seen you said it here. where did this fairy tale come from? "Russia Today"?

Russia Today? Do you think i believe their propaganda bullshit?

My source is DW (Deutsche Welle), the german broadcast agency for foreign countries.

https://www.dw.com/en/osce-drone-shot-down-while-spotting-russian-surface-to-air-missile-in-ukraine/a-46125199

24 minutes ago, Gepard said:

citation:

OSCE drone shot down while spotting Russian surface-to-air missile in Ukraine

One drone shot down NOT jamed

there are no mass jamings, no one word about it

There were sporadic drone knocking down in Donbas. Everything that was shot down was shot down with Kalashnikov assault rifles and ZU-shkas. One drone was shot down by a Ukrainian Mi-24 P

23 minutes ago, Gepard said:

Do you think i believe their propaganda bullshit?

Wanna my trully answer? I do :)

Edited by bazillius

Russia does not have and will never have modern high-tech weapons as long as Putin's thieves' gang is in Kremlin. I find all reports about drone jaming only in Russian propaganda. I just wasted 2 hours of my life on it. I wish I played SF2 instead

Edited by bazillius

You would think these jammers would be prime targets for anti-radiation missiles.

14 hours ago, bazillius said:

Wanna my trully answer? I do :)

I know you hate the russians and the germans too. Your statements are full of hate. A discussion with you is nearly impossible.

13 hours ago, KJakker said:

You would think these jammers would be prime targets for anti-radiation missiles.

Good question. If the Anti-Radar-Missiles are able to detect the jamming frequences, then sure. But electronic warefare is a wide field. A continous jamming is not neccessary. A point jamming, focused on a spot, can be done in a short time. And then is the question, what is quicker, the jamming of the drone or the Anti-Radiation-Missile? Could be very interesting.

Interesting, because you can lure an Anti-Radiation-Missile on a wrong way. Do you remember on Kosovo war in 1999, when a HARM missile, which was aimed on a serbian radar, was victim of decoy transmitters and finaly exploded in a suburb of the bulgarian capital Sofia.

Electronic warfare is the battle ground of the future. It is the main defence against swarms of drones. A lot depends on the technic, but also on the quality of the soldiers. And one thing i have learned in the past, that it is very stupid to underestimate the abilities of an opponent.

I know you hate the russians and the germans too.

I hate Germans? this is something new! I dont assosiate germans personaly with you. I know you want the Ukraine will be bombed out and killed by russians and destroyed as a indipendent country. You are old commie/ I have no risons to love russian ocupants and agressors

Your statements are full of hate

Yur for Ukrainians too.  Pay attention YOU started this conversation. And you skip the conversation on my person.  I see that you simply have no arguments other than hatred for Ukraine and personally for me.

Please gentlemen let us take a breather. :friends:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GKABS said:

Please gentlemen let us take a breather. :friends:

sorry guys. I just could not restrain myself

Gepard was the SPR-1 totally Russian or Russian vehicle with East German electronics?

3 hours ago, bazillius said:

I hate Germans? this is something new! I dont assosiate germans personaly with you. I know you want the Ukraine will be bombed out and killed by russians and destroyed as a indipendent country. You are old commie/ I have no risons to love russian ocupants and agressors

What kind of stuff you are drinking?

2 hours ago, daddyairplanes said:

Gepard was the SPR-1 totally Russian or Russian vehicle with East German electronics?

SPR-1 was soviet made. It came mid 1980th to us. At this time the NATO introduced arti ammo whith radio controlled fuse. It should explode over the target to increase the ammount of destruction.

SPR-1 operated in two ways. Either to switch off the radio controlled fuzed by burning through their electronic devices. Or second to ignit the ammo in a distance that was safe for the ground troops.

IIRC the west germans had a similar system based on Marder.

• Like 1