epower

DiD IV Campaign - Flight reports & Player instructions

1 hour ago, Mfair621 said:

Seb, keep your mind on the job Amigo. The last thing you need is the picture of that beautiful face when a Fokker flies up your tail!  

Or maybe Seb could strategically place pictures of her around the plane to keep his head turning at all intervals.

• Like 1

Hey guys,question!

How to get rid a text upper left?

It appeared accident but i have no clue how i delete them.

Some kind key combination,i guess.

Any help is approved!

September 20-2

The Battle of Artois raging.

Every day rainy and flights are performed at night time.

Shot01-28-22-23-59-47.thumb.jpg.a9871b5454aecb8c3c21e912148832c8.jpg

Shot01-29-22-00-00-07.jpg

Boche falling!Shot01-29-22-09-57-56.jpg

Edited by Paroni1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Paroni1 said:

Hey guys,question!

How to get rid a text upper left?

It appeared accident but i have no clue how i delete them.

Some kind key combination,i guess.

Any help is approved!

If memory serves me correctly, hit “Z”. 

Yes, the default command to remove the text is the Z key.

I've finally caught up with all the stories! Took me a couple of mugs of hot tea to get through all of them - excellent writing everybody, as expected from a DID campaign! Sorry to see that we've also had our first losses. It's always a bother to lose a DID pilot, especially when you've invested a lot of time and effort to develop him. Good luck, and fly safe!

It's interesting that some have already encountered enemy planes several times and even managed to score victories, while others have yet to spot a single hostile machine. My pilot belongs in the latter category - it has been a decidedly uneventful campaign so far for Auguste. But I enjoy the flying and getting familiar with my sector and making up Auguste's story as I go, so I don't really mind it. Besides, combat will soon become a regular thing as the number of squadrons and machines increases on both sides. So let's enjoy the peace and quiet of 1915 while it lasts!

• Like 1

September 23

The day begins brighter than the previous ones.

Patrol over the Loos.Three Aviatiks appeared.They turned eastward immediately when they noticed us.We catch them anyway.I spend two drum my target.

In the heat of the battle i drifted too east and too down.Enemys infantry ruins in Lens shot violently.Engine hit!I broke away.The bullet hit the left thigh.

With the last strength i succeeded to land on the Boche's field.

I was taken to a military hospital at Douai.I spend there over two weeks.Luckily only a flesh wound.

61f56795a16ad_Frenchprisoners.jpg.c527ccdcd6b1236a0a9ee94f10aff08b.jpg

After recovering i ended up in a prison camp.After only being there for a day i found the Sanitäre's clothes.

They helped me get to the no-man-land and finally home.

• Like 1

Once more into my breeches dear friends.......

Some great stories and characters already developing I see. Some sad deaths, escapes and even a few victories. Who said the air was quiet in 1915.

Paroni I'm liking those pictures of yours.

I've decided to climb into the murky skies of the air war in Autumn 1915.

Introducing Sergeant Kenneth Andrew Hardie. Born on 16th July 1893 in Fort William in Scotland. The son of a railway engineer, he follows in his father's footsteps until the war looms and then joins up. He is assigned to the 19th Regiment of the Royal Artillery (the Scottish Gunners) and fights in several battles in late 1914 and early 1915. He is promoted to Sergeant in February 1915 and in May, with the expansion of the RFC he applies and is accepted.

After training on a Longhorn and then gaining hours in a BE2 and even a couple in a Fee, he is assigned to No. 6 Squadron and arrives at Abeele on 30th September 1915. He is the direct replacement for one Lanoe Hawker who is returning to blighty for a new assignment.

This is Kenneth's story.............

Screenshot_20220128-213404~2.png

Screenshot_20220128-220835~2.png

Edited by AlbertTross
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, AlbertTross said:

He is the direct replacement for one Lanoe Hawker

Great start AlbertTross - big boots to fill! love the Scottish background!

2 hours ago, Hasse Wind said:

It's interesting that some have already encountered enemy planes several times and even managed to score victories, while others have yet to spot a single hostile machine.

Hasse Wind: It may be the setting I'm on? My PC is pretty ancient (upgrade due but way too expensive at the moment) so I've got the medium regional air activity and medium forced encounters in worship (as recommended by epower)? 

Paroni - love the new start!

15 hours ago, Albrecht_Kaseltzer said:
16 hours ago, Mfair621 said:

Seb, keep your mind on the job Amigo. The last thing you need is the picture of that beautiful face when a Fokker flies up your tail!  

Or maybe Seb could strategically place pictures of her around the plane to keep his head turning at all intervals.

Hahaha! 

Salute!

Yes, it could be the settings, or maybe just luck. Who knows!

Paroni, it's fortunate that the boche are so terrible at guarding their POW camps! :biggrin:

Hasse, I’m in your category with the quiet flying. Like yourself, no worries here. It will get dangerous soon enough! 

The story of Auguste continues!

The War Diary of Auguste Besson, Escadrille MS. 23, part 4.

The Reims front was very quiet in August, and we did not run into any opposition while patrolling the lines. A few times we spotted some boche planes flying in the distance – mostly two-seaters doing reconnaissance work – but there were no close encounters. There was also no sign of the infamous Fokker monoplanes, which we knew had been causing an increasing amount of trouble for our machines in some sectors of the front. For us, the greatest threat at this point was not the German air service, but their anti-aircraft artillery, which often put up surprisingly heavy concentrations of fire around locations they did not want us to photograph. It was not rare for our machines to return from such missions with a few extra holes in the wings and fuselages!

After only ten days at Matougues, the escadrille suddenly received an order to relocate to another airfield. Our new base was to be at the village of Somme-Vesle, about 25 km east of Matougues, on the other side of the Marne and close to the Vesle, a tributary of the river Aisne. This order, which came so soon after our grueling trip from Flanders, caused some of our men to openly question – in true grognard fashion – the mental faculties of the army leadership. However, the Captain was quick to explain that our service was rapidly expanding, and that new escadrilles had been formed and were now arriving at the front, so new bases were needed to accommodate them.

Of course, military veterans were equally quick to realize what such a build-up of forces usually signified – a major offensive!

We took a couple of the escadrille’s cars and reconnoitered Somme-Vesle. The place was not much different from Matougues. It was another small medieval village with adequate housing for the crews. The field itself was located in the middle of a small wood, and showed signs of being prepared relatively recently for our use. The distance was so short that we were simply able to fly our Parasols straight to the field and then waited for the ground transports to arrive. Compared to the move from Flanders, the trip to Somme-Vesle was quite easy, though obviously still required a lot of effort from our supporting troops. Everybody could only hope that we would be allowed to stay at our new field for longer than we did at Matougues.

Organizationally, there was no change to the previous arrangement. We were still attached to the Second Army, which had now been moved to the sector to support the Fourth Army. We were now also closer to the fortress city of Verdun on the Meuse than we had been at Matougues.

As August turned September, we kept up a regular schedule of reconnaissance missions on the Reims front. It was pleasant enough business for war, and we wondered how long such calmness could continue. All signs pointed to an offensive action being prepared in our sector. We could see that lots of artillery pieces were being moved by rail from the Verdun fortresses into new positions along our front - a sure sign of a coming offensive. If we knew about it, surely the boche military intelligence did too.

And then, in the middle of September, a major change took place. Our pilots were ordered to report for training to Vitry-le-François. The escadrille was to equipped with a new type of machine – the Nieuport 10 C.1 sesquiplane!

5EzOoxL.jpg

TO BE CONTINUED...

• Like 3

Introducing Enno

Enno Alfons Bockhackler

Born 5.Sep 1890

Trier, Rheinland

Enno is the only child of Ernst & Marie Bockhackler. At the age of 13 he entered an apprenticeship as Roofer (Dachdecker) in his fathers Firm.

As a young man he was being groomed to take over his fathers work but as the War broke out.

Enno, like many other men, heeded the call to arms and signed up for a “voluntary one year term” in the Trierische Feld-Artillery Regt.#44.

In August 1914, the 4th Army (Herzog Albrecht von Württenberg) marched into the Großherzogtum Luxemburg securing the rail lines into France. Enno’s Regt took part in all the battles ( Neufchâteau, Mass, Marne) that lead up to the Stellungskrieg, or trench warfare.

Enno was wounded 16.Sep 1914 during a counter battery duel in the village of Perthes Les Hurlus, about 30km east of Reims. He was sent back to Trier and actually survived his stay in the Hospital.

While resting in Trier, Enno met a Ltn Alfred Bley, who had been wounded during the Marne schlacht and had transferred to the Luftstreitkräfte. As an Offizier, Bley was posted to Observer school and he talked Enno into becoming a pilot.

And thus, one year later, the two men would find each other in the same Squadron; FA.18 Luftbild,

Phalempin, Flanders.

Enno Logbook.jpg

postcard.jpg

Edited by lederhosen
  • Like 2

Welcome to the War lederhosen, good luck to Enno. 
Some very good stories gents! 

Sgt. Elijah Gallagher.  
Marieux. 
8RFC      

SEPTEMBER, 1915.  
Everyone knew something big was coming. All the recon and spotting missions between Arras and the Somme were for a purpose. Flights would increase more and more as the month wore on. The first light missions were starting to wear on Gallagher, not to mention his OG, who was prone to nausea. Captain Goon would loose his breakfast after every flight. They flew every flight with Lieutenant Douglas as flight leader. The man was unflappable. A true leader. After every flight as Gallagher would pull himself out of the cockpit with shaky legs, Douglas would nonchalantly make a comment about the flight. “That was a lively thing! Eh?” Douglas reminded Gallagher of the man who had changed his life. Colonel Oliver J. Bond, Commandant of the Citadel. Gallagher always had a problem with authority. In his first month at the Citadel he had been called on the carpet for an infraction. He was ready for the dog cussing he knew he would get. The Commandant looked at him with a calm face for a full minute. Gallagher was not ready for what came next. The Commandant leaned back in his chair and calmly said, “Son, you have two choices in life. You can beat your head against the wall of authority, in which case, you will have a headache the rest of your days. Colonel Bond leaned forward, his eyes looking straight into Gallagher’s. “Or, you can embrace it and BECOME the authority! Then you can mold those around you!  There was a short silence before Colonel Bond dismissed Gallagher. Gallagher had thought long and hard on the commandants words.  They had had the desired effect on Gallagher. From that point on he excelled. Right up until he clocked his commanding officer. Now, he was determined to build his authority back. 

As the offensive kicked off on the 25th, Gallagher was up at first light for an Arty spotting mission. Goddard and Gallagher formed up on Douglas and made their way to the front North of the Somme. Half way through the mission Gallagher saw an Archie burst dangerously close to Douglas. Douglas immediately veered off! Goddard and Gallagher finished the mission and made this way back home. Gallagher was worried about Douglas. Did he make it? He soon got word he and his observer had landed at a friendly field and both were ok. 

• Like 1

Lederhosen : Welcome to Enno!

Hasse : Smashing picture of the Nieuport 10 C.1 now that's a beauty...

---------

Flight Lieutenant Theodore Aloysius Andrews (AKA 'Runt)

RNAS-1 St. Pol-sur-Mer

Missions flown: 42

Hours: B.E.2c 37, Morane Saulnier 25

Claims confirmed:5

1st October  1915

large.HMS_Indefatigable_(1909).jpg.1e008

HMS Indefatigable

The second half of September has been a grim time!  It started well with my cousin Archie joining me while on leave from HMS Indefatigable.  We have always been very close, he is five years older than me, strong and athletic and seems to succeed in everything he does, whether cricket, ruby or cross country running.  I remember vividly the day I skipped school to visit him at Devonport Dockyard when Indefatigable launched in 1909, my school being but a stone's throw away, The Marine Band played stirring tunes that lifted my heart, and I knew that I too would be a sailor.  It thrilled my heart when I received a telegram saying he'd be with me for my birthday.

He'd spent much of his career in the Mediterranean, at war with the Ottomans, so I rarely get to see him. However, since a refit in Malta, the Indefatigable has been conducting patrols in the North Sea and according to him, it's all been pretty tame.  He's always been one to have itchy feet and an adventurous heart and my letters have only served to fuel that fire. It came as no surprise and with great delight that he told me that he was thinking of applying for flying training. With that in mind I took him up for a joyride in the Morane and he was utterly spellbound with the sheer beauty of the skies and the sense of being airborne. He told me he'd never felt so free or alive.  Sunrise is a beautiful thing on the ground but, in the air, it is sublime.

large.61f6b09e474bc_CFS32022-01-3011-51-

large.61f6b3398737d_TheodoreAndrews.jpg.

Cousin Archie and Me

I had great pleasure in introducing him to Monique and we went out dancing in Dunkirk.  My Leg injury means I can't dance. I always did have two left feet but a flying accident in training makes it nigh on impossible to move with any grace or fluidity.   Not so with Archie, he has the grace of a cat and the timing of Big Ben.  It was a positive thrill to see him and Monique dancing to the early hours with such joy and abandon.  Her face was a picture glowing with joy and happiness. 

He left on the 14th promising to apply for flying training and I was thrilled to think we may one day fly together.  As I walked back into the mess from seeing him off Ackart grabbed my arm. 

"A word in your 'shell-like' Runt

At school, Ackart delighted in calling me 'Squeak', I'm a year younger and much smaller - to make matters worse I had bad asthma as a child -  many of the boys in school would tease me calling me 'Squeek' or 'Wheezy' Andrews.  I was always ready to put up a fight but my slight size and general late development meant I was easy-meat most of the time.  On joining the Royal Navy my young age and size meant I had been christened  'Runt' pretty quickly.  Mostly it was said with affection as I had learnt very quickly to stand up and fight back quickly at the first sign of trouble.  Archie had said in the past I was too quick to anger and much too quick to prove myself.  I'd started to listen to him until Ackart rolled to the squadron.

Ackart had me by the arm and was leading me towards my basher.  "I saw you last night," he said in that oily way that usually meant he was up to something unpleasant. 

"Saw your nice young lady too, dancing away with your cousin. I understand why you've been keeping her secret - you'd hardly want her to meet a real man, would you?" He oozed

"Your cousin and her make such a wonderful couple, don't you think?" He carried on.

"Such a shame that she's stuck with a wounded sap like you, don't you think?"  His face was contorted in mock sympathy.  My blood just boiled, I was sick to the back teeth of his perverse attitude and had had quite enough of his ugly mug for one lifetime.

So I punched him. 

A full roundhouse, coming up on the balls of my feet and putting all my 9 Stone into it. He dropped like a sack of potatoes. I left him there in the dirt out cold.  I knew there would be hell to pay but I didn't care.

I was out on the afternoon patrol that day, the whole flight I was thinking myself,  There's going be trouble when we land.  I had such a lump in my stomach, I'm surprised we could even take off!  I told Davies who quietly listened to the whole story as we patrolled over allied factories over Flanders.  

"He's got it coming old man" He replied, "But you'll just have to take whatever's coming to you on the chin".

We landed and I expected Cleaver any moment to approach and admonish. But nothing, not a dicky bird.  No one said anything.  I spoke to Thomson our intelligence officer, casually asking about local Hun squadrons, thinking he'd say something if he knew anything - nothing, just the uncomfortable news that more Hun monoplane scouts were amassing on their side of the lines. 

I saw nothing of Ackart for a couple of days, when I did finally see him he was sporting a huge black eye - which he apparently got from banging his face during a very heavy landing.  "Want some steak for that?" I said smiling. He just turned away.  But I couldn't shake the uneasy feeling he was up to something.

The next day Davies and I were on patrol with two other chaps, being led by Red Mulock, when I spotted three spots crossing our lines and throwing up allied Archie slightly north of us.  I wagged my wings and went to investigate.  Sure enough, it was three Aviatiks flying southwest 1000 feet lower.  I let Davies know and we flew right between them.  Davies, spoilt for choice started firing at the Hun.  The Aviatiks headed straight for home. "Are you up for a chase Davies", I asked a grin forming on my face.  I had turned round to pursue before he'd even answered.  They made due east which took them towards an observation balloon and its treaded anti-aircraft fire. The Archie was formidable and much too close for comfort.  We saw one Aviatik start to smoke but each blast of anti-aircraft fire was closer than the one before. Davies spoke across the din, "This is too hot damn it, take us home"  I didn't need telling twice and swung the Morane west.

large.61f6b0a855163_CFS32022-01-3015-12-

Archie was too hot for us

In a matter of moments, there was an almighty crash, the engine housing ripped open and flew up over our heads, narrowly missing stripping the fabric off the wing.  The engine ground to a noisy halt and began to self destruct before our unbelieving eyes.  Both of us, from what I could see, was un-harmed but the Morane was seriously damaged.  " I think I can put it down" I hissed to Davies through clenched teeth, fighting with the controls. "But it's going to be rough."  

We spiralled down as gently as I dared, Archie going with us the whole way. It wouldn't have taken much to swat us from the air, but our luck held, and we came to a stop behind enemy lines.  Before we could think about setting fire to the Morane  A german, with a square-headed helmet emerged from a hole, not 10 feet from us  "Hände hoch oder ich schieße! "  he shouted while pointing a gun.  There was no argument we could put up and so with arms raised, we were taken into captivity.

There's much I could tell you about those three days.  But those memories are too grim - suffice to say we both escaped, making it back across the lines to Nieuport from there we called the squadron's telephone who quickly sent a tender for us.  

On arriving back at St. Pol-Sur-Mer we were treated to hot baths, delousing and gin.  Thompson wanted a full report and was pretty cagey about us flying again. "If you're caught a second time you'll be shot," he said "I'm not sure you want to take your chances like that".

"So we're grounded"

"For a few days - 'till we get the all-clear at least."

I packed a small overnight bag and hopped on a tender going to Dunkirk.  There was one person I knew who would be able to put a smile on my face, who could make my worries dissolve.  As I limped with my stick into the 'Le P'tit Dupont' I saw M. Fountaine standing proudly but the counter straightening his white apron a welcome in his face. I glanced around hoping to see Monique. 

I did.

Sitting in the corner, laughing as she tucked a stray hair behind her ear.  I started towards her, joy, hope, love in my heart - her memory had got me through some pretty dark days.  It was then I saw who she laughed with. Simon Ackard.

My world collapsed.

To be continued ...

• Like 1

October 15

There was little surprise in Savy when Henri get there.That evening was a celebration and other pilots require to know details Henri's adventures.

-Was a food better than us?Was a Sauerkraut and Bratwurst popular?Questions like this rained all night.

And so Henri told the whole story,finally he underssed Sanitär clothes and left most dangerous part: No-Man-Land!

61f6ef793c1b7_SarjakuvaHenri(2).thumb.png.2ccd37b64c8f5c2a6f49ff7cbf0624ff.png

4 hours ago, Mfair621 said:

Half way through the mission Gallagher saw an Archie burst dangerously close to Douglas. Douglas immediately veered off! Goddard and Gallagher finished the mission and made this way back home. Gallagher was worried about Douglas. Did he make it? He soon got word he and his observer had landed at a friendly field and both were ok. 

That Archie is a pain! like the sound of Colonel Bond too ... reminds me of an officer I had back in the day! Nice writing buddy. 

• Like 1

61f6f352f28d7_Henri4.1.thumb.png.ff9e7c60ffbe7dc11398c5ecd4a7cbb0.png

All well at last! In the next day mates did not remember anything!

I had to explain everything again!

drinksu.jpg.e6a4d53e4fb0e262a5c41bba4b62667c.jpgLe Sort,Turin and Huillier celebrate Henri's unbelieveable home-coming!

• Like 1

Seb, that’s way to close Amigo! Glad you could set her down and escape. Then to find out your sweetheart might be stepping out. Tough luck all around. 

• Like 1

Seb - Aye, well I came up with the idea whilst downing a few not so wee drams on Burns night last week :drinks:

Hasse - A change in aircraft and in location for your man. Those Nieuport's should be able to take it to the Eindeckers.

Lederhosen - Welcome to Herr Bockhackler. Like my man Hardie, he's already been through a lot so is certainly battle hardened. Good luck to him.

Sergeant Kenneth Hardie

6 Squadron RFC

Abeele airfield

30/09/1915

The lorry came to a halt near to the main buildings of Abeele airfield. Kenneth climbed out and twisted his hips and neck. It had been a horrendously bobbly journey and he was pleased to be here. The troop ship across the channel had been a pleasure, the journey to the airfield anything but.

The Corporal driving tipped a wink to Kenneth and drove off. Kenneth stepped upto what looked like the main building and entered. There, an adjutant was busy with papers as Kenneth approached his desk. After what seemed an age he absently looked up towards Kenneth, "Yes Sergeant? Can I help you?" said the Staff Sergeant.

Kenneth passed the senior NCO his papers, "I've been assigned here Staff Sergeant".

The adjutant rather irritably put his own papers down and took Kenneth's. "Ah Sergeant Hardie. Yes of course. Wait here please and I'll see if the Major can see you now".

He went to the door opposite, knocked and entered, before reappearing, "Major Shephard will see you now", stated the adjutant. Kenneth entered the Major's office and came sharply to attention. The adjutant shut the door and left them to it.

"Ah Sergeant Hardie, at ease. Welcome to number 6. How was your journey?" said the Major.

"Thank you sir, it was alright, the lorry here was a bit...... hard going sir" said Kenneth with a rueful smile.

The Major smiled too "Yes the roads around here can hardly be called roads at all".

The Major looked over Kenneth's papers. "So you were a gunner? Mons, La Cateux, Ypres. You've certainly put your hours in on the ground Sergeant." said the Major respectfully.

"Thank you sir, yes it's been quite a couple of years hasn't it." replied Kenneth.

"How many hours do you have Sergeant?" asked the Major. He had the answer in front of him but he always liked to hear it from the pilot.

"Twelve in BE's sir and three in FE2's" replied Kenneth.

"Three in FE2's eh? How did you manage that back in Blighty? asked Major Shephard.

"I was lucky to spend a few days in Gosport before embarking sir and they had some Fees there. I was able to take a few of them up" replied Kenneth.

"Do you like flying then?" asked the Major.

"I love machines sir, being an engineer, the idea that something can use its own power to climb away from the ground and fly around has always interested me. Then when I'm up there....it's a great feeling" replied Kenneth, giving more away than he had planned for, but it was always a question that got him going.

"Hmm interesting, it's good you find it all so enjoyable Sergeant, just remember there's a war on. There's men and machines out there who are intent on your death and destruction." said the Major in a hard but friendly manner.

"Oh I fully appreciate what we're up against sir and I can only hope I get the chance to pay the beggars back tenfold" replied Kenneth with that sly grin again.

The Major smiled, "That's good to hear Sergeant. Well go and find your billet and grab some food. The adjutant will show you both. Not to mention where the Sergeant's mess is. Although after last night's party, it might not be so busy tonight." said the Major.

"There was a party last night sir?" asked Kenneth.

"Yes, for your predecessor, Major Lanoe Hawker. It was quite a send off. He's off back to Blighty on a new assignment. That's why you're here." replied the Major.

"Well, i'll do my best sir" said Kenneth.

"Good. In fact once you've unpacked and eaten I'll introduce you to the rest of the Sergeants and then the Officers. One of whom will be your Observer." finished the Major.

"Very good sir" said Kenneth who saluted and left 

Sure enough the adjutant showed Kenneth his billet, which consisted of a decent sized tent and a single camp bed. Having dumped his gear he then went over to the mess and was able to grab some soup and bread rolls which were left over from dinner.

The Major then did indeed show Kenneth around. In the Sergeant's Mess were Sergeants Randy Wimund from Vancouver and Jem (short for Jeremy) Barnes, who was a fellow Scot from Muchalls in Aberdeenshire. The adjutant, Staff Sergeant James Reid was also in there.

Kenneth was then taken to the officer's Mess and met a few. Captain Wallace O'Bannon was first to come greet Kenneth. He was from Penryn in Cornwall and already had 3 confirmed victories flying the Bristol Scout.

Kenneth was finally introduced to Captain Charles Barnard, who was to be Kenneth's observer. Barnard, from Princes Risborough was 27 and had been in the cavalry before and during the war. He transferred to the RFC as an Observer in late 1914.

Captain Barnard and Kenneth talked for a little while and Major Shephard confirmed that the pair would be airborne tomorrow.....weather permitting.

After a drink with the Captain, Kenneth headed back to the Sergeant's Mess.

He stayed for a hour or so and then retired back to his tent, excited for tomorrow.

01/10/1915

Kenneth woke, nervous and excited.....he walked over to the entrance of his tent and opened the flap.....the sky was a dark and sinister grey and the rain was tippling down.

After breakfast, Major Shephard came around the two Mess rooms and confirmed that the flying was cancelled for the day.

Silence fell across the room..........

"A see ye broucht our weather ower wi ye" said Sergeant Barnes in his broad Scottish accent.

Even Major Shephard enjoyed that one.

Kenneth spent some of the day in conversation with Captain Barnard.

"What do I do in a BE2 if we run into an Eindecker?" asked Kenneth.

"One thing you don't do is panic Sergeant. If he's on our tail kick your rudder around and try and give me a shot, listen to my shouts. If he's elsewhere, use your imagination dear boy", replied the Captain.

Kenneth smiled, "Have you met any of them?" he asked.

"Twice now, and the first time my pilot tried to dive away, presenting his arse to the German who filled it with bullets. We barely made it down." replied the Captain.

"What are our missions generally?" asked Kenneth.

"Spotting, reconnaissance, bombing. A good mix to he honest. We'll always carry bombs, even on recon jaunts. In case a target presents itself and it generally does. That's something your predecessor drilled into us." replied the Captain.

The rest of the day passed in a similar vein. As the day drew to a close the weather seemed to clear. Too late for flying today but bode well for tomorrow.

Screenshot_20220128-234700~2.png

Screenshot_20220128-235037~2.png

Screenshot_20220130-211802~2.png

• Like 2

Written in advance for I won't have time tomorrow

02/10/1915

Feldwebel Ailbe Blaz Dziarzowitz
Haubourdin, Flanders. France
FA 5 Lb
0 confirmed kills

I took the past week to work on the ground and with testing my machine. I took my chance of putting my town's colours on the machine. Everything's too pale here in my opinion.

Shot01-30-22-15-41-09.thumb.jpg.718110b626547d40567c3e5ec6540424.jpg

We were supposed to take off over our lines yesterday, but the day was terrible. So we took a chance today. 
We're mostly equipped with Aviatiks, both B and C variants (I was lucky enough to get a C!), and Rittmeister Johann Marach (classy chap, by the way) has the luck to fly one of those amazing new Eindeckers. I took off at 11:15pm with him, although we went on our separate ways. I was assigned Oberleutnant Findeisen. The flight was smooth as the butter I spread on the bread in the morning, and we were able to see some good pictures. We were even able to capture some hostile machinery moving towards our lines on one of the roads that were not destroyed. I've even managed to snatch a couple compliments from the Rittmeister.

Shot01-30-22-16-19-41.jpg

Shot01-30-22-16-07-18.jpg

Shot01-30-22-16-25-40.jpg

• Like 1

Mfair - So Elijah is knee deep in the offensive in Flanders. Hopefully he can keep his head down. At least Douglas made it back ok.

Seb - An excellent catch up with Theo's  cousin. Some flak heavy sorties nearly put paid to his impressive record but thankfully he managed to get away from the Boche. Time to take stock.

Paroni - Glad to see your man made it back. Despite his infantry's best efforts.

TWK - Ailbe is lucky to be in a C type rather than those sitting duck B types but he can't help drooling after his CO in his glittery Eindecker. All he can do is get through his missions and stay alive. 

It's the end of the month gentlemen, time to post the statistics for your active pilots so that we at HQ can consider any awards that may be due.  Please post your stats in the following format:

rank, full name, awards presented by DiD CoC
current unit assigned to
current location
current plane type
number of missions flown
number of hours
number of victories
number of claims

Thanks and Cheers, and keep fighting the good fight everyone!  :salute:

Lou

• Thanks 1