Mortars and howitzers shooting indirect fire, while tank guns are shooting direct fire.

Indirect fire means, that the bullet is flying a high ballistic curve. Direct fire means a low ballistic curve.

In game it seems to be, that only direct or low or flat fire is implemented. All guns are shooting on direct way.

But for shipguns of big caliber or mortars or howitzers it is nor realistic.

Has someone an idea how to make howitzers shooting in a high ballistic curve?

If I'm not making memories up, I think I saw something like that in mods years ago. Perhaps with a low enough muzzle velocity the AI would compensate for targeting, they do so with other guns either way.

That would be nice to implement.

• Like 1

iirc, the rockets on the F-86D were treated like a 24-shot gun

would it be possible to go the opposite, and treat the howitzer like a smaller reloadable FROG? or better still a BM-13 that fires from one point?

something to throw out there

Edited by daddyairplanes
maybe not a katayusha

To do it and shoot accurately the projectile diameter needs to be set to one tenth normal caliber with a muzzle velocity of around 1010 mps in order for the guns to shoot accurately. Check out the 155mm AGS on WhiteBoySamurai's  DDG-1000 Zumwalt class.

For true ballistic indirect fire you need a modified rocket or missiles set up to launch like a gun. I did that with the North Carolina class battleship in testing years ago.

@daddyairplanes On the F-86D I have one modified to work like the rockets on the EE Lightning. 

• Like 3

Montycz and Killerbee had a workaround ...  This was a great idea that slipped through the cracks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You will probably want to reach out to Monte CZ or Killer Bee when setting this up.   Some people were having issues with the beta that monte links to...  and the official release  seems to have been lost when the CA site was rebuilt. Killer Bee fixed some of the issues... maybe he can help.  I really wanted to get this working but was having some issues with it, and then real life got in the way and I never came back to it. Hopefully you will get it sorted out better than I did. This mod would be epic with the GKABS new M109A2 Howitzer... Or even better the New Jersey class battleships.