So you use some kind of road templates that you paste over the terrain tiles?

I have a flat object in the size 500x20 meters and one with 100x20 meters. This objects i place with target editor to create a road. But this will only work on perfect flat areas. Otherwise some parts of the road would sink in the hill, while other parts of the road are hanging in the air.

• Like 1

I mean for not flat areas, painting the roads...

hehehehehehehehehehe

(sorry, I just HAD to drop this in)

BUT

this has to be done in the TE, as the tiles are painted

te-roads-rivers.jpg

Yeah Kevin, I know that, but how you guys standarize the road addition to the tile? You paint it over the tile, from a template or every terrain you build you create new roads?

I just paint my roads onto the tiles as needed using layers in photoshop, once you get the knack of getting them to join up correctly it really doesn't take too long to do.

So far in my Vietnam terrain I have between 15 and 25ish different road tiles for each type of surface.....grass, forest, fields etc etc, the stock ones are way to repetitive for my liking. 

I never use the TE.....it's waaaaaaayyyyy to much hassel for my simple mind, just paint 'em  in PS & load 'em the the good old TFD tool & the jobs done......Then I make the TOD's to suit using Mue's superb Tod editor.

Same goes for rivers, not rocket science really. :wink:

Edited by Sundowner
  • Like 3

seperate for each type, VN, Desert, Germany

• Like 1

On 3/7/2022 at 11:07 PM, Sundowner said:

I just paint my roads onto the tiles as needed using layers in photoshop, once you get the knack of getting them to join up correctly it really doesn't take too long to do.

So far in my Vietnam terrain I have between 15 and 25ish different road tiles for each type of surface.....grass, forest, fields etc etc, the stock ones are way to repetitive for my liking. 

I never use the TE.....it's waaaaaaayyyyy to much hassel for my simple mind, just paint 'em  in PS & load 'em the the good old TFD tool & the jobs done......Then I make the TOD's to suit using Mue's superb Tod editor.

Same goes for rivers, not rocket science really. :wink:

Thats what I needed to know, thanks.

Gwardeiskoye Airfield north of Simferopol, Crimean Peninsula. In 2019 there were romours that Russia was planning to field Tu-22M3 bombers at this base. Its a really big airbase.

The base is 60% done and not yet perfect located on the map.

img00009.thumb.JPG.f82d01147a00a5a9c4621fe916f68ccb.JPG

Further i changed the textures of the taxiways and parking areas a second time. I does not really liked the old texures very much.

Edited by Gepard
  • Like 9

Gwardejskoye AB is finished now.

So i looks in editor tool:

Bild1Gwardejskoje.thumb.jpg.055aada25cdb9f4c384f3310f61706a6.jpg

and so in game:

img00119.thumb.JPG.16b79bf1123f3a55a314d18119c88dec.JPG

img00120.thumb.JPG.6599dbfbdcf3d8a2b79fc59ccd9e2221.JPG

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Nowoiwanowka, an other huge russian airbase at the Crimean peninsula. 80% done. It hardly fits into a 4x4 km airfield tile square.

Bild1Nowoiwanowka.thumb.jpg.32b2bdbf3db10e6b64b86e73dd730c56.jpg

• Like 5

It's only too bad that you can't spawn in  one of the hangars like DCS, it would make using these airfields cool.

• Like 4

Nowoiwanowka Airbase

img00122.thumb.JPG.aef593e7c57a8128171ddf3a0a8352d8.JPG

img00123.thumb.JPG.f91ffa7e5c32d44b5d5ef21f0d653e7f.JPG

Was a big bomber airfield in the center of the Crimean peninsula. The ukrainians used it till 2000. Afterwards it was only a reserve airfield.

• Like 7

Wilne, an airbase at the Crimean peninsula that is used as depot.

img00124.thumb.JPG.daedd7643c44fbdfb66874cc9c2c3798.JPG

• Like 11

Dschankoj Airbase. Situated at the north of the Crimean peninsula. The Ukrainians used this base for transport aviation. After 2014 the Russians made it to a big helicopter base.

The base is 50% done. So it looks in editor:

Bild1Dschankoj.thumb.jpg.63aa29d6754a2e8c26c2f4516a10a8b1.jpg

A lot of parking areas are still to be set. Afterwards two other russian bases are still to be done. Then i will release a second Beta of the terrain.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Dschankoj Airbase finished.

img00121.thumb.JPG.d7312631bb1f86f9d2a9c87a46c3c29e.JPG

img00125.thumb.JPG.343d8d9b0dde58abd6cd94a55ffab7bc.JPG

Edited by Gepard
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Kirowskoje Airbase at Crimean peninsula.

img00119.thumb.JPG.31896ceb1e9cd0261e9d2b8841148fb8.JPG

I dont know, why the Soviets very seldom built hangars and hardened aircraft shelters at their bases at the Crimean peninsula. Giant airfields, but less protection for the planes. Strange.

Only one base is to be built and then i will release the second Beta.

• Like 6

And the last airfield at the Crimean peninsula is finished.

img00120.thumb.JPG.a97e3c3840c15c7710f08ad029983eb9.JPG

Wagerowje Airbase. It was intended as a big airbase in the east of the peninsula, but was not finished by the Soviets. Today it is more or less a ruin. Neither the ukraine nor Russia had had the money to finish the base and bring it to life.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

SitRep: The russian airfields are mostly done. Only the parking aircraft positions must still be fixed.

I added some factory and storage areas at the Crimean peninsula, so that if you want to fly strike missions not only runways will be the choosen target.

Screenshot:

img00123.thumb.JPG.02fb01fafa443b857bf7b242f952691e.JPG

You see Sewastopol Harbor, as far it is already done. In the front is the Black Sea Fleet HQ complex, on the right the northern part of the harbour with some cargoships, warehouses and factories. On the left bank the beginning of the southern part of the harbour. It is not finished yet.

If you use SF2NA as basic game you will find some Krivak frigates in the port.

I think i will release the next Beta tomorrow.

Edited by Gepard
  • Like 6

Just a tip for those like me who like to just fly around the terrain. If you remove the Krivak entries you can select Air Defense Suppression (if that plane supports it though) and get the ability to "Complete" the mission and just fly around without having to attack anything. For some reason the Krivak is considered a SAM site and removing the entries solves that issue

4 hours ago, EricJ said:

Just a tip for those like me who like to just fly around the terrain. If you remove the Krivak entries you can select Air Defense Suppression (if that plane supports it though) and get the ability to "Complete" the mission and just fly around without having to attack anything. For some reason the Krivak is considered a SAM site and removing the entries solves that issue

Okay, thanks for the info.

Edit:

I removed the Krivaks from Sewastopol Harbour. Additionally i added some stock partolboats to the harbour. Lets see wheter they also cause a SEAD problem or not.

Edit:

Here the location of the target areas at Crimean Peninsula:

62f8044418bd2_BildKrimimEditor.thumb.jpg.6a7b2ee41c8e431a801a0c2aced1990f.jpg

More will come.

Edited by Gepard
  • Like 7

I have uploaded version Beta 0.25 just now. Now an Admin must give his okay.

Hope you enjoy the terrain.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

You will surely have realized, that in the two Beta versions the parked planes were parking somewhere on the gras. I'm now working on this subject and creating airfield files with correct placement for parked planes. Its a puzzle job and will need some time.

img00124.thumb.JPG.a8493793b396ffd524f4961bc9964ffc.JPG

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

SitRep: I made some progress with creating airfield files which put the parked aircrafts on correct positions.

Here the flightline of Petriwka Airfield

img00125.thumb.JPG.7a8fa52158332cb48fd7b2c8d4d98b5c.JPG

and the parking area for transport planes at the same base:

img00126.thumb.JPG.764f1da03a4eac284f1e0270d4687edf.JPG

• Like 10

congratulations!!! your map is excelent and is showing a lot of progress :)

im sure lots of players here use the great Nations & Medals Expansion made by Menrva, maybe you shoud add SovietNavy as enemy in your nations file.

Edited by snowburn
typos