13 hours ago, Wrench said:

wher'd the Learjets come from/???

From somewhere of the deep of my harddrive. There they have slept for years.

So i cant really say who made it.

• Thanks 1

That may be a good thing, as I was hoping that they weren't DAT birds.

• Haha 1

if the lods had R4 in the lod name, they probably are DAT

if not, i'd just say "not for release outside of the terrain, creator unkonown contact if you created it and credit will be given"

legalese its true. but one has to cover ones tail these days

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

update:

im quite sure they arent DAT birds, since i was searching their site this weekend for them

are they flyable, or just statics?  i had a sudden urge to do a "Happy Hooligans" C-21 skin.....

• Haha 1

they look like Lear 25s. Since I left (almost) next door Santa Monica Airport, we used to see them all the in the 60s and 70s. I remember at a display show, looking inside and being amazed as how small the interior is !!!

• Like 1

To the Learjet. I dont know, who made this LOD. It is a static plane. The LOD has no ailerons and no flaps

Bild1.thumb.jpg.ecbd1af64fd258161af172d3ff8f1840.jpg

Learjet.7z

I'm not sure, wheter i can include it in a realease of my terrain or not.

• Like 1

I'd say you're ok with that ... it's definately NOT a DAT bird. Just say, as DA said above "Leafjet form unknown model maker"

I may steal use it myself on the North Cape rebuild I'm fiddling with

• Like 2

Have you tought in adding small lod cars and trucks on those roads? Will add civilian life to the terrain.

Run for cover...:tumbleweed:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Stratos said:

Have you tought in adding small lod cars and trucks on those roads? Will add civilian life to the terrain.

Run for cover...:tumbleweed:

I'm not sure about it. IIRC there is a limit of objects you can place on a map. If you place to many objects the game engine let vanish some of them.

Originally i wanted to populate the parking area of Aeropark Jorge Newbary of Buenos Aires with parked cars. But finally i decided against this idea.

So far I've got nearly 28000 objects placed on my Vietnam map. Da Nang airbase has 500 on the right side alone as I've split the base into 4 separate target areas and everything appears to be showing as it should. 

There's still a lot more to add so I dont think I've hit the limit yet.

I must admit that I've limited my TOD's to about 1400 trees per tile maximum.

• Like 1

one wonders, that for parked vehicles in a parking lot, if a single lod could be made for that. having various sizes and shapes from vans, light trucks, 2 door and 4 door vehicles. the mapping would be a nightmare, having to have all kinds of different colors for the various meshes.  (like the piles/stack of containers we have already)

just tossing that out

• Like 1

That's exactly what I've done with a lot of my objects, its not too difficult really.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Gepard said:

I'm not sure about it. IIRC there is a limit of objects you can place on a map. If you place to many objects the game engine let vanish some of them.

Originally i wanted to populate the parking area of Aeropark Jorge Newbary of Buenos Aires with parked cars. But finally i decided against this idea.

Even with terrain TOD's?

On 27.4.2023 at 5:51 AM, SgtSaunders said:

Boing 707 Grupo 1 de Transporte Aéreo (G1TA).jpg

You can easily remake this into EL-AL's retro livery, would be sick!

• Like 2

Would be cool to have some actual hangars you can taxi into, all the maps I've downloaded with actual hangars make my plane explode 

6 hours ago, toot said:

You can easily remake this into EL-AL's retro livery, would be sick!

oooooorrrr (and im just spitballin here)

use this for real aircraft

tga base liveries, El Al is on there for all eras that they flew big Boeings.

if you want to use as a static, take the tga from the above, and adjust it onto the skin itself

• Like 2

I revamped the original release skins for the TMF 707-300, (BOAC, ElAl, PanAm, TMA) with 100% historically correct registration numbers. The PanAm birds even have their matching Clipper names I just never released them, as they'd conflict with what DA has done with his Level2 tgas to change markings. Lot of other internal data ini changes, too, mostly minor.

I mean, I could release it, just with the stipulation that there WILL be issues with combining the pack.

lv-elal-707tmf.jpg

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, toot said:

Would be cool to have some actual hangars you can taxi into, all the maps I've downloaded with actual hangars make my plane explode 

that's because of the collision meshes of the object. otherwise, you couldn't bomb them. specific hangers, with custom tailored specificly shaped collision meshes would be needed for that.

just a note -- there IS a static 707 avilable if one knows where to look

or release it as a 707-310 or -321 or such.

the -3xx number was different for alot of airframes with Boeings customer codes for the original airframes

• Like 1

How true!!! When I was looking up the PanAM and BOAC birds, a LOT werent' -300s!!!

That's a great suggestion; all I have to do now is write the readme, and take some screenies!

Thanks DA!! You know how I HATE wasting work!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wrench said:

that's because of the collision meshes of the object. otherwise, you couldn't bomb them. specific hangers, with custom tailored specificly shaped collision meshes would be needed for that.

I remember flying in desert V4 under a bridge which could have been destroyed, but I might be wrong

Also is it possible to make the hangar part of the terrain itself, and then on top add the actual bombable structure?

In theory ( and I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong) you could adjust the hit boxes so they are on the outer edges of the hangar, with big non-collidable space in the center.

I have been thinking of the opposite, taking a periscope that's on a few subs ( as the only, very small model) and expanding the hit boxes and radar return size so it's a viable, attackable object in game. Would give sub hunters something to do in game... with scripted missions so a P-3 isnt going after a regular convoy with anti sub torps.

• Like 1

going after a regular convoy with anti sub torps.

which, oddly enough, will sink surface ships

I tought GermangCE came with buses and trucks on the roads, but seems I was wrong. Anyone remember if a terrain with vehicles on the roads exist?

19 hours ago, Wrench said:

which, oddly enough, will sink surface ships

shush you

aircraft use harpoons or exocet on ships, torps on subs

use B57 if you want one boom to sink them all

• Haha 1