Sign in to follow this  
WangoTango

Opentrack

Is anyone using opentrack for head tracking in game ? If so do you have suggestions on profile settings ?

I sometimes use FaceTrackNoir with my backport WOFF PE/UE 4.18 and BH&H2 (latest patch 1.20) - profiles available at the following link. Perhaps the settings are similar or interchangeable with OpenTrack.

Cheers,

Von S :smile:

WT, 
I use OpenTrack with a TrackHat. I have a profile that I use globally, it surely isn't the best out there. Very sensible, works like a charm on the IL-2 Series but it ain't the best here. I'm not good at modifying profiles. I can share it here if you want, otherwise I'll gladly take in other people's suggestions.

I have found open track to work very well. I am using a head tracking system from a guy called Grassmonkey Simulations. https://grassmonkeysimulations.com/

He 3D prints them, and they work extremely well, an they are wireless, which I really like. I never did like Trackir 5 with the 3 pronged hat clip. I know they are held in high regard, not bashing them at all, I just prefer this wireless solution (at less than half the cost). I am using a profile for IL-2 BOS, and it works just fine.

He has 100% reviews on Ebay. https://www.ebay.ca/usr/grassmonkeysimulations?_trksid=p2047675.m3561.l2559

I  hope I am not breaking any rules mentioning this guy.

On 1/15/2022 at 11:16 PM, WangoTango said:

Is anyone using opentrack for head tracking in game ? If so do you have suggestions on profile settings ?

here is my opentrack profile for woff. I tend to use the one global profile and just modify ever so slightly from sim to sim. Think in this one i set an offset to bring the pilot head slightly aft of default. could be wrong, cant really remember lol

try it and see what you think just pop in your opentrack folder in documents

WOFF.ini

I use Opentrack with Smoothtrack which is an app for my Android Phone, basically it uses the camera on the phone since I do not have one for my computer.  It works quite well and I can use it in full daylight where my Tracir was blinded and did not work at all.  

At this time I am using a provided profile with, Accela, which works well for me.

Beard

• Like 1