Solomo

How to Get Single Mission Carrier Launches in Vietnam?

How do I enable this instead of getting field launches for my Navy jets?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Solo

You have to have the MIssion Editor DLC to set up carrier launches as there is no default way to do this. If you have the Complete version then you can do that through there. I don't know what you have so if you have the Mission Editor and the full install then I can help, or someone else can, etc.

Edited by EricJ

Thanks for the reply - I bought Strike Fighters 2 VN & SF 2 8 years ago so I'm not sure if the Mission Editor was included - I'll check. I don't see that DLC on Thirdwire's site.

OK - checked - not in the folders.

Edited by Solomo

Then you can't do anything until you get the Mission Editor, sorry. The Complete version will set you back one hundred dollars but has all the DLCs, including the Misson Editor DLC so you can do carrier ops in Single Missions.

No problem!

I think you need SF2: NA for that to work.

Since you got the Editor Solomo you need to open the Single Mission screen and look  at the bottom right for the pen icon. Click on that and you'll go  into the selected mission. You can add a deck by moving the map and putting the crosshair on some water. Go to the upper right and click on the ship icon, and that will place a ship icon on the water. Scroll through and find a carrier. I know Nimitz is SF2: NA but another deck (as well as a third--party deck) will work and you will place it on the map. Go to the Aircraft icon and select your flight. Change the takeoff base to the deck (as well as landing there if you prefer) and you will take off from the deck. Remember to adjust the waypoints as preferred and go fly.

• Like 1

On 1/18/2022 at 5:09 PM, pvince said:

Another solution is to use those files in your [mod folder]\Terrains\VietnamSEA. Then USN will launch from carrier by default.

VIETNAMSEA.INI

VIETNAMSEA_WATER.BMP

Gosh this actually works. It seemed too simple to be true, but it is true. For me, this IS the solution. Brilliant. Kudos. You Sir, are a genius.

:ty:thank you, but to be honest I am not the "inventor" of this, I have learned it from another modder in a former post, but I do not remember from who and when. So the credits go to the one who discovered this first, I am just repeating here, but I'm happy if it helps.

On 18/01/2022 at 6:54 PM, EricJ said:

I think you need SF2: NA for that to work.

Very probably yes, I confirm I have SF2:NA and I am quite sure it will not work without.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's one of those snippets of information that should be in the knowledge base, but isn't. So Kudos for remembering it, even if you didn't invent it. And my deep gratitude in you remembering it, because it has now made flying in Vietnam so much better for me.

I have SF2:NA.

I felt that we were a little close to the coast when I took off, but I didn't imagine trapping on deck would be so difficult when I got back!

That was just one mission in my regular two hours per night as a naval aviator, so no biggie. I could have just cancelled the mission when I realised where the carrier was, but I thought I'd see what would happen.

It's still a great mod.

img00009.JPG

img00012.JPG

somebody must've forgot the add the "CV Zones" to the VietnamSEA_water.bmp

Actually, the zones are there. Maybe they need to be a little further away from the land. No biggie.