Sign in to follow this  
TheStig

Black Screen on Loading - Nvidia GTX 960 Driver v376.54

Hello,

I receive an occasional black screen on loading that occurs 70% in.  I've researched the forums and the cause was related to another version of Nvidia drivers.  The random black screen leaves me confused as to where to start.

Any help would be appreciated.  As an FYI - this is a full merged install with an effects update downloaded from the mods section. Thanks!

Is this an un-updated video driver for your card? If so then try GeForce Experience and run the update. I have the latest NVIDIA  drivers and no real issues, so it may be a driver issue rather than a game issue.

Hey Eric, I just got the GeForce Experience app to work.  I'm updating to driver 511.23 as I type this.  Is this the driver you are on too?

I'm pretty sure it is (I didn't look honestly when it updated) as it was put out last night.

EDIT: Yes I am on 511.23

Edited by EricJ

I haven't updated drivers for years.

Edited by bazillius

This is the first time I have run SF2 on a laptop.  It's a Lenovo Y700.  Was a great gaming laptop back in 2016....

I mean SF2 isn't exactly graphics intensive so it would be able to handle it with no problem. It could be resolution too but after that I'm not sure. Or did the update fix the issue?

The update didn't work

Edited by TheStig

Last mod I dropped in was the Indian ocean campaign and a China J-31.  May back those out and see what happens. 

Check graphics settings. Be sure Nvidia is your main GPU.

img00002.thumb.JPG.816cb4ec7c26f53ec159e81406c9aba8.JPG

if not , go to Nvidia preferences and set main GPU and PhysX ...

main.thumb.jpg.d0406d9b3d46d8ccb31d650f8f28fe47.jpg

PhysX.thumb.jpg.81c0209fe222a3fd9db9f6d6b942b465.jpg

Edited by guuruu

Are graphics in general or effects in particular set to Unlimited? If so, set effects to High, I think you can leave the other settings in Unlimited without further problems. There's an old bug causing problems with effects on Unlimited, related to shaders and how newest Nvidia drivers manage them, if I recall it correctly. 

Edited by Zumbido

This is a 2 part issue and now it's resolved. 

The graphics settings indicated it was running off the Intel GPU.  I corrected this and now it's running off my Nvidia.  You can tell it is way smoother now too!

The J-31 I installed was causing the game to go black screen.  Moving the folder out of the mod folder and excluding it also resolved the black screen in 21st century single missions.  That is weird.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, TheStig said:

You can tell it is way smoother now too!

Should be :biggrin:, integrated Intel has zero power comparing to 960 :haha:.