Sign in to follow this  
TheStig

F-35 Canopy Clipping Issue

Hello,

I reinstalled FastCargo's F-35s last night and noticed that all variants have a clipping issue involving the canopy frame.  The frame will either flicker, or completely be missing altogether.  I suspect it's a POV and rendering issue that may need to be adjusted.  

Any ideas where to look?  Similarly, I have the same issue with airfields in the Libya map.

I downloaded and installed the same pack, and the only issue I'm having is a double canopy issue (the outside model frame is showing in the frame) so not sure what would fix your issue offhand. Though it would help to know which one is doing that, as the F-35A I'm having the double canopy issue.

Edited by EricJ

It's an F35, who cares, fly a proper aeroplane..........one that works and looks prettier....sorry, couldn't resist. :pilotfly:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Anyway, the cockpit frame needs an update as its shape resembles that of the F-117, I thought of making a new one using the false seat (false pilot) trick, but we would lose the animation of its particular opening and the virtual cockpit would remain intact the same detail that we try to correct...

Hopefully. I'm not a true fan of the F-35 but the C model is probably what I would go for really.

1 hour ago, EricJ said:

Hopefully. I'm not a true fan of the F-35 but the C model is probably what I would go for really.

Let's give it a chance, like it or not, it will be part of future conflicts... I remember that the same thing happened with the f-16 in its beginnings and today it is a legend.

4 minutes ago, PeacePuma said:

Let's give it a chance, like it or not, it will be part of future conflicts... I remember that the same thing happened with the f-16 in its beginnings and today it is a legend.

This is true, time will tell.

Time will tell that its crap, should have gone with the Boeing abortion instead, they admitted it was rubbish right from the word go hahahahaha. Sorry, cant help myself, I shall never like the damn thing. but hey ho I wont ever have to fly one so screw it, lets waste our millions of tax spondoolies on it. 

by all accounts from the operators (not testers, politicians, keyboard warriors or anyone else that doesnt actually fly the thing operationally) it is a massive game changer.

pretty much all the promises of the last 50 years actually come true. especially in the BVR, and precision strike games. not to mention already being the most mass produced and distributed stealth platform ever at barely a quarter of the planned production run complete. say i drank the kool aid or whatever, but folks trash talked pretty much every tactical aircraft since the F-111. most have gone on to be legends, and those retired revered by many. the Panther is at the start of its career, and if Israeli use so far is anything to go by it will be a bright one.

pretty sure we cant fully represent it in SF2. might be a stretch for DCS even

Complementing what daddy says... the main success of the F-35 is not being a perfectly conceived plane (because it was a disaster in several aspects) but for all that is known (economic pressures, politics, etc.) this was a big problem solved by engineering... and today it flies and performs missions despite 2 decades of work... which makes us think that with money even a broom can be transformed into a 5th generation fighter.... That is why it is the design reference for Koreans, Chinese and Russians (KF-X, J-31 and Chackmate?)

• Like 1

Is that one of those instances where you have to hide "Nose" or "Fuselage" in the data ini?

Sorry for my negative comments guys, they were made tongue in cheek, a sort of throwing stones into a fishing hole sort of deal, I do not like the aircraft, this is true, so I am merely making fun of it, no offence or annoyance ( well maybe a little) intended. :drinks: