Sign in to follow this  
Mr_Tayto

Noobie help required please

Hi all,

based off a recommendation I dropped the requisite 100 buck (well, £76) on the full install, and so far I'm very impressed.

I have an X52 Pro, so I downloaded and applied the "SFPITkey.ini" from the downloads section of the site here, and it's great. The problem I have is that with only two hands, I find it difficult to get across some other aspects of the sim beyond flight control. An example of that is the radio; I find the radio marked button doesn't work on the profile, and even if it did (or I'm doing something wrong) there's no tutorial so I don't know how to use it. I may even be using it wrongly, but again I see know way of knowing how.

The second thing is vision controls. I don't have any eye tracking software or hardware, so will be reliant on some kind of accessible control to "turn my head" looking for targets or threats. Again, short of taking my hand off the throttle or stick, there's no way I can see of doing it without reassigning some hat on the HOTAS (which is not ideal). In this case I suppose I'm asking if it's worthwhile reassigning a hat on the stick to turning my head, and using the keyboard controls for radar operation?

Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to give. I've realised one ambition this week, of flying a SEAD over North Vietnam in a Thud, and I'm looking forward now to another, which is flying the EE Lightning. Just with there was a "quick fly" with no bad guys to practice take-offs and landings (especially on CVs!).

Welcome! Be aware that this might become somewhat of an addiction.

Regarding the vision, I use a cheap ass stick (I just read it, a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro) and all that I need for the game, which is quite simple for all it provides, is there or i can use the left hand on the keyboard, including throttle settings and vector, looking around and zooming in and out...Radar and radio controls are left to the keyboard, as you can only switch targets, modes and ranges (no way to slew it, I'm afraid).

There are a couple of stock single missions already made for carrier take off and landing, but you can also use the editor (the pencil icon on the single mission screen). You might want to switch for an A-7 or F-14 since the modern HUD works for the AoA, stock Phantoms need a little tweaking IIRC 

• Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Thunderone
      Hi,
      I have been playing Strike Fighters 2 since past few years using a Keyboard. But I recently borrowed a HOTAS from a friend who wasn't using it anymore. After installing the latest driver in my PC, the HOTAS identified by the game as well (Strike Fighters 2 full package, updated till March 2012). However, I am confused when it comes to setting up the controls. The buttons on the HOTAS are very well functioning (after adding via SF2 Key Mapping menu), but the game is not recieving any input from Throttle and Stick at all. Both systems are fine, no issues as Logitech Software also acknowledges the throttle and stick movement. 
       So can somebody please help me out in fixing this issue? 
      Thank You
    • By hamburgerjet
      Basically the title, I'd like to set both the right joystick on an Xbox One controller and the mouse to control the camera. Is it even possible?
    • By JamesWilson
      After a crash, my Strike Fighters 2 Europe keys appear all set as unassigned.
      There's no way i can set 'em.
      Even if i bind them, they still be unassigned.
      I EVEN TRIED REINSTALLING THE GAME, and they are STILL all unassigned...
      I seriously have no idea of what to do, since this happened only in Europe and not in vanilla game or North Atlantic. 
      There's also another problem: keys look "bugged" in SF2 NA, since i binded all of them, but some still don't work.
      As these won't be enough, they're bugged also because if i set a key for a specified control, and then i try to unassign it re-pressing the same key on another command, instead of unassigning the first command, it glitches and i can set two or more commands with the same key... this clearly bugged out 
      Could you please help and tell me what can i do to "unbug" all of this mess?
      Thank you a lot guys, i appreciate your help so much
    • By JamesWilson
      Hi everyone,
      I wanted to ask you if there is any way to fly the plane with mouse as yoke (just like War Thunder) in SF2 or SFP1
      I know it's way better to fly it with a joystick, and that it's perfectly playable with arrow keys, but that's something i just wanted to know about.
      Let me know if there is any way to set this as yoke command.
      Thank you very much 

• By AxtonJT
      Hello people,
      I've recently came across Strike Fighter 2 by looking for a good Combat simulator which isn't very simulative (like DCS) but also isn't totally arcade (like the majority of the fighter games out there). Also I was looking for a good game with a chance to play tons of planes so I think I'm in the right place.
      Just to give some more details regarding my experience in Combat simulators, I've played from the oldest Jane's IAF, Eidos JSF to Warthunder. The last one is what I'm actually looking to achieve in terms of Command configuration.
      I guess SF2 is pretty tough to learn but I have some issue with the controls. I don't have any Joystick/Hotas/Gamepads so I kept the keyboard configuration, but I've noticed that is very hard to move the plane with the arrows especially to keep the plane straight in the same position.
      I've tried to go mouse+keyboard configuration but the mouse controls are reversed (if I move the mouse ahead the plane is going up, insted to going down as it should be) so it's even worst compared to keyboard.
      So I am here to ask you guys which configuration do you have, if you have any tips and if there is any way, maybe, to configure also the mouse in better way.
      Thanks 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..