Sign in to follow this  
Chugster

Is there a definitive list of every pc flight sim?

Just wondering as the best places I have found is Wikipedia and myabandonware and I'm sure they don't have everything

I want to make a list of every sim I've played in the last 30 years

Edited by Chugster

And I have already set the PCemu, installed Windows 98 there, I took the Delta Force CD  from a shelf and tomorrow I will play. sorry for offtopic.

I played last 2 years mostley in DID and MicroProse games. I have a collection of DID, MicroProse, and Jane's games. My precious.

6 minutes ago, bazillius said:

And I have already set the PCemu, installed Windows 98 there, I took the Delta Force CD  from a shelf and tomorrow I will play. sorry for offtopic.

I played last 2 years mostley in DID and MicroProse games. I have a collection of DID, MicroProse, and Jane's games. My precious.

Erm is this a reply to my post? Only I don't understand

I just want to say It would be interesting to read who played which sim games and what impression they left. I can tell what games I have and what mods for them. Some are no longer found.

Edited by bazillius

Ok, just made up a list between wikipedia and myabandonware (and my PC) and i own, owned or played (via demo or other PC) 57 flight sims and or games:

Probably i few i missed or dont remember but thats still quite a list that doesnt even include the current MSFS

My Flight Sims.xls

Edited by Chugster

My first flight sim was Flight Simulator 4.0 from 1989 (I got it in 1992 when it still was the last MS flight sim), so I went in to civilian simulators. 

The same year (1992) I got Chuck Yeager's Air Combat from 1991, I loved and enjoyed a lot that sim, so I went into military flight sims.

After a lot of sims played in the years now I fly FS 2020 and DCS mostly :smile:

Anyway, I keep in my PC SF2 and il-2 1946 installed because the great variety of eras and planes you can fly.

• Like 2

My first was probably Strike Eagle 2 on the Amiga, I still have the box with all the disks and manuals

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Chugster said:

Just wondering as the best places I have found is Wikipedia and myabandonware and I'm sure they don't have everything

I want to make a list of every sim I've played in the last 30 years

This list is the most extensive one I know. It starts in 1983.

http://avionics.g1.xrea.com/sim-list-e.html

It seems to keep non-combat flight sims in the 2nd column on the right.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1