Sign in to follow this  
Robin29

I don't know how to install mods for Strike Fighters 2

Hi!

So I started playing SF 2 not long ago and I saw this cool looking MiG 23 Mod I want to fly. I made a mod folder and tried extracting the folder to the Aircraft folder. I read the readme and know that it is for a certain dlc whose mod folder I have made. But the plane doesn't show up in the mod application. Pls help I want to fly it very badly.

Welcome to the game!

I think you got it in the wrong folder somehow. The game does make a "mod" folder by default, in saved games/thirdwire/strikefighters2, normally. There are the different folders where mods are read from. Most mods here are ready to drop on that folder and just fire up the game and have them work, although it is better to take a look at the readme first to see how it is meant to be installed

3 hours ago, Robin29 said:

Hi!

So I started playing SF 2 not long ago and I saw this cool looking MiG 23 Mod I want to fly. I made a mod folder and tried extracting the folder to the Aircraft folder. I read the readme and know that it is for a certain dlc whose mod folder I have made. But the plane doesn't show up in the mod application. Pls help I want to fly it very badly.

C/Users/Username/SavedGames/ThirdWire/Strike fighters 2/ModFolder

Open with WinRAR or Daemon tolls lite, chose file click *extratct to*

basic instructions, somewhat generic

As always reccomended, unzip the "*name-of-file*.zip" to a temp folder or your desktop or somewhere that's easy to find.

Copy/Paste the /Objects folder DIRECTLY into the SF2 game install of choice's /Objects folder. It's already divided into the /Aircraft and /Decals sub-folders. You'll asked to "Overwrite?" , just say yes. It'll change nothing.

Uhh, okay let me tell you what I actually did. I got an IAF MiG 23 Grey zip from CombatAce, looked up on YouTube, it was compatible with the Europe DLC, I made a copy in the same folder of the SF2 Europe, got its folder Saved Games, opened the folder named objects. Now two folders are there, one is aircraft and one is ground vehicles. I pasted the MiG 23 file in the aircraft folder and it didn't work. I don't think I saw a ModsFolder on my search, can I make one?

I posted the link to the Knowledge Base topic so you can read it and understand. You find it in your Users/Profile/Saved Games/Thirdwire folder. You add the folders there so the game looks for them and implements them in the game.

Make a screenshot of your modfolder. Perhaps we can find out whats wrong.

Hi everyone,

it looks like we still have newcomers in the SF flyers. I had some notes I took for myself and I now think these can help. So I put together some basic information in a more readable format:

Basic Mod install in Windows 10.rtf

Franck

• Like 2