Sign in to follow this  

Hi everybody!

1-side guns and also tail guns in bombers and helicopters and etc...can fire air targets.is there anyway to change this and give them fire to ground targets too?(somthing like "apocalypse now" movie's Heli ride scene)

2-ground targets usually are tanks artillary and anti-air guns and anti air missiles .how can i change targets too add building so.specially in strike and attack missions?

apocalypse-now-header.jpg

For the second part of your question it is possible to strike buildings and bridges and the like. You just have to have it randomly selected. However... If my mind serves me correctly you can select that through the MIssion Editor. You can select whatever target (building, jeep, etc.) in that target area, and the mission will allow you to hit that target with bombs, or whatever.

• Like 1

ok but i mean they arenot selected as a target and we cant change  selected building normaly for atack them by AG missiles...

To question 1, the answer is no. Gunners of planes and helicopters never fire on ground targets with guns. Unfortunatly.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Gepard said:

To question 1, the answer is no. Gunners of planes and helicopters never fire on ground targets with guns. Unfortunatly.

:iagree:but why?whats different between air or ground targets?may be somewhere in SF2 platform or changing some .ini files.you know?I mean i saw usually problems be solved at CA.......:please:

2 hours ago, kurdistan1 said:

ok but i mean they arenot selected as a target and we cant change  selected building normaly for atack them by AG missiles...

No you can't do that unfortunately, the game is setup to only have one main target that you hit. There's no  way to select a building randomly.

And not everything can be solved here. To make those modifications would be altering the source code of the game, and that's not really liked here.

• Sad 1

40 minutes ago, EricJ said:

No you can't do that unfortunately, the game is setup to only have one main target that you hit. There's no  way to select a building randomly.

And not everything can be solved here. To make those modifications would be altering the source code of the game, and that's not really liked here.

The curious thing is that TK doesn't care or mind (written permission to do wathever we want with the game, except sharing assets) If we change the source code, problem is we don't have that code, and the only person that once got some modded exes to work is no longer around.

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Stratos said:

The curious thing is that TK doesn't care or mind (written permission to do wathever we want with the game, except sharing assets) If we change the source code, problem is we don't have that code, and the only person that once got some modded exes to work is no longer around.

I wasn't aware that TK  didn't mind as long as we asked permission. And I remember that guy, but I really don't think he did anything but who knows...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, EricJ said:

I wasn't aware that TK  didn't mind as long as we asked permission. And I remember that guy, but I really don't think he did anything but who knows...

We dont even have to ask permission, what we CAN do is to create and distribute a patch that modifies the original and legitimate exe, what we CANNOT do is to share any exe or game asset.

• Like 1

yap had a workaround ( if i remember correctly ) by  placing a transparent  targetable  aircraft object as a ground object on top of a real visible ground  target. It worked like the ASAT mod as i remember. its been a long time but the gunners would open fire  whenever they passed by the object. However that would mean that every friendly fighter  aircraft would see it as an air target as well.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Stratos said:

We dont even have to ask permission, what we CAN do is to create and distribute a patch that modifies the original and legitimate exe, what we CANNOT do is to share any exe or game asset.

I see. Well somebody has to learn how to program I guess then

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Icarus999 said:

yap had a workaround ( if i remember correctly ) by  placing a transparent  targetable  aircraft object as a ground object on top of a real visible ground  target. It worked like the ASAT mod as i remember. its been a long time but the gunners would open fire  whenever they passed by the object. However that would mean that every friendly fighter  aircraft would see it as an air target as well.

Yep What exactly I mean.:ok:...its a real solution.i mean something like this....if you can please help..:ty:..

Yankee air pirate.   You would have to buy their  WOV Vietnam upgrade/mission sets to get it (Payware). 

Yankee air pirate.   You would have to buy their  WOV Vietnam upgrade/mission sets to get it (Payware). 

Once you have the object called "Target" from yap you can use it with the SF2 mission editor to place multiple copies of it in an area on any terrain you choose  and then fly your Apocalypse now scenario.  

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Icarus999 said:

Once you have the object called "Target" from yap you can use it with the SF2 mission editor to place multiple copies of it in an area on any terrain you choose  and then fly your Apocalypse now scenario.  

tnx a lot buddy....I try it....:drinks:

I don't think the YAP trick works anymore, at least I cannot replicate in any of the YAP missions with such ground aircraft target. A real bummer, I wanted to see it working for Yakarov helos!

• Like 1

On 2/14/2022 at 9:09 PM, Stratos said:

I don't think the YAP trick works anymore, at least I cannot replicate in any of the YAP missions with such ground aircraft target. A real bummer, I wanted to see it working for Yakarov helos!

I found it.Target and TargetL.you can placed them randomly on for example an airports or a base with enemy nation market.then side guns of Helos shoot them .but if there are not real aircrafts or other targets on the place then it will be seem so stupidly.....:biggrin:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kurdistan1 said:

I found it.Target and TargetL.you can placed them randomly on for example an airports or a base with enemy nation market.then side guns of Helos shoot them .but if there are not real aircrafts or other targets on the place then it will be seem so stupidly.....:biggrin:

Question is, how you place it in a mission? Is possible to use the 'In game' Mission Editor?