I have been noticing shadow problem with models that I have been making, any things attached to the main node cast it shadow separately from the main node that everthing attached to.  For example the TB2 (thank you Crawford for making me try to seek a situation for this problem)

img00014.JPG

Please gentlemen if any one have any idea why is this happening and how to fix it please share it with me.

I think a 2 sided mesh can cause this.......might be worth checking.

• Like 1

Thank you so much Sundowner:ty: but I think this TB2 has no problem with it, I think it is just Crawford installed model as it works great with me.
img00002.thumb.jpg.476e9acb9e829a996337cfdbde674ec9.jpg

but I have the same problem with the ground model anything attached to the main node cast its shadow not as one model but separately. and I have checked they don't have  2 sided mesh.  Could it be the name of the node? 

img00002.thumb.jpg.ee8f9b20e6debd84b777703b6c54e93e.jpgimg00004.thumb.jpg.6c846b46953fc420e1a22212d45c617f.jpg

Edited by GKABS

check the poly count of your model part that is not showing the shadow , in case of the tank tracks try to split them in half same for the aircraft fuselage and wings 

i had this problem on many of my models on the end i have to reduce the poly count of that particular object and the easiest way was to cut the part in half sometimes even in more pieces

if the tank tracks are one object make a left and a right one out of it

Edited by ravenclaw_007
  • Like 4

Thank you ravenclaw_007 for the information and will try your subjection and send my feedback.:drinks:

I wanted to write, but ravenclaw_007 had already written. The game is very sensitive to the number of polygons. if you increase the number of polygons more when fading shadows, then the model itself will begin to fade and flicker. You have to mercilessly cut the mesh into pieces, which is sad and pity

• Like 2

13 hours ago, GKABS said:

I think it is just Crawford installed model as it works great with me.

Well, I do not know ...  :dntknw:  I have this glitch manifests itself, even when the shadow settings are set to Unlimited. Perhaps the problem in my ancient system? ...

if this nuisance exists only with me, it does not matter. It's time to update the video card. :smile:

In general, I apologize for a false alarm.

kadr-intervenciya-05.jpg.00fcecb6409ed5604b12c1bb187084a4.jpg

P.S. Once again, sorry for the annoying misunderstanding! This is entirely my oversight, even the system has nothing to do with it. The fact is that when I played with the skin, adding stickers, I needed to start the game quickly. Therefore, I tested a Bayraktar in FE2. This module loads much faster. But the FE2 engine is somewhat weaker than the SF2 series, which has more recent updates. I just forgot about it. Now that I've placed the Bayraktar in SF2 everything works great and there are no shadow issues.

Edited by Crawford
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I am really happy that you found the problem. :good:

23 hours ago, Crawford said:

SF2 everything works great and there are no shadow issues.

Once there were the same complaints about the same shadows on my MiG-29 9-12 and in SF2. I then had to cut the plane. Don't shoot yourself, live some more, play. No need to be so dramatic. I am pleased to know that someone else is playing from Ukraine. And you, if you shoot yourself, as any white officer should do, you will deprive me of that. This is pity isue of the game. it also poisoned a lot of blood for me when I did the Grad. It needsto know about isue and it have to be nailed somewhere

• Like 2