Gepard

Eurofighter Bundesluftwaffe Air refueling Night

Picture by Bundesluftwaffe/Bundeswehr

EuFi.thumb.jpg.99fe407248828b384fdf7cbc72ff85c2.jpg

• Like 7

No PIRATE? Old prototype?

19 hours ago, macelena said:

No PIRATE? Old prototype?

Its a picture from this year. Its an active EuFi of the Luftwaffe.

BTW. The Luftwaffe has enough missiles to fully arm 4 Eurofighters. No its not a joke. Only missiles for 4 planes. Of 12 submarines Type 212 only 1 is combat ready. Of 48 Tiger UHT helicopters 9 are ready for combat. In this light you may understand why Germany is no fan of military advantures in the Ukraine. After 5 minutes of combat we could throw only with cotton balls.

Sorry guys, you are on your own.

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Gepard said:

The Luftwaffe has enough missiles to fully arm 4 Eurofighters

I knew things were pretty dire for the German armed forces but F-me... 

6 hours ago, Gepard said:

Its a picture from this year. Its an active EuFi of the Luftwaffe.

BTW. The Luftwaffe has enough missiles to fully arm 4 Eurofighters. No its not a joke. Only missiles for 4 planes. Of 12 submarines Type 212 only 1 is combat ready. Of 48 Tiger UHT helicopters 9 are ready for combat. In this light you may understand why Germany is no fan of military advantures in the Ukraine. After 5 minutes of combat we could throw only with cotton balls.

Ouch, I like to whine about what i wish we had, but i guess i should just shut up

6 hours ago, Gepard said:

well damn. Guess the Soviet Union finally got their wish of the late 1940s( no German rearmament). about 75 years later , but still

What do you expact after 16 years of henhouse?! We have now the third female secretary of defence in row! Genderconform language is more important than combat readiness, enough fuel and ammo or even combat boots!

When german troops were sent out to UN-missions they had to borrow their equipment from other units, which stayed at home, because they had not had enough combat ready equipment themself!

At the moment the only nation, we could harm with our overwhelming military force is the superpower of Luxemburg.

• Haha 1

And an other picture of EuFis, this time with israeli F-16.

62093cfde159a_EFATypoonF-16.thumb.jpg.5ac22469f3e062fa2d216b3fc663b099.jpg

Didn't the Luftwaffe order some 600 Taurus missiles with Merkel already? It seems weird to spend so much in ALCMs if you won't get enough AAMs for your air defence

On 13.2.2022 at 7:53 PM, macelena said:

Didn't the Luftwaffe order some 600 Taurus missiles with Merkel already? It seems weird to spend so much in ALCMs if you won't get enough AAMs for your air defence

We had 3 female secretary of defence in row. Nobody can see any logic in the things that they had done.

We spent over 50 billion Euros per year for defence, for nothing. The Russians spent some 60 billion Euros, only 10 billion more then the Germans, and look at their capabilities!

Good News!

The german finister of finance announced yesterday, that the german government wants to make the Bundeswehr to the most powerfull army in Europe till end of the decade. Suddenly they found additionally 100 billion Euros in the budget to finance the Bundeswehr in 2022 alone.

I'm not sure, wheter our eastern neighbors will like this decision. A powerfull german Army on the Oder-Neisse line could cause nightmares in Poland.

• Like 1

I've understood that for the Luftwaffe the top priority would be to replace Tornados with F-35s. The F-35A has the tactical nuclear capability...

Edited by Coupi

I think the future plane will be the F-18E Super Hornet. The Luftwaffe is said to become the Growler, so it would be easier for the logistics to have the F-18E as standard plane. I think the F-18 is faster to get, than the F-35.

I really don't think so honestly. I thought they were getting the two-seaters to replace the Tornados?

On 5.3.2022 at 7:30 PM, EricJ said:

I really don't think so honestly. I thought they were getting the two-seaters to replace the Tornados?

It seems to be that you are right. In contrast to the old tradition only to fly planes with 2 engines (after Starfighter disaster) the german government decided to buy the single engine F-35.

• Like 1

Bundesluftwaffe has grounded their Eurofighter fleet, because problems with the ejection seat were detected.

BildEuFi.jpg

Edited by Gepard

Again? Seat things were a topic resulting in grounding of the fleet a year or two ago already.

New pictures of the EuFi of the Luftwaffe.

6314c534c6c9a_EufiundF-2.thumb.jpg.5367df8b29efb13e862abdac549ac451.jpg

Eufi.thumb.jpg.d88a57c9fe04e4f6be4aaaecd8141da9.jpg

EuFi in Australia. All pictures c: Bundeswehr.

6322175ce755f_EuFiLuftbetankung.thumb.jpg.dd215fb950da7b9ef23562bd07f12ebc.jpg

63221762f29a2_EufiundF-18.thumb.jpg.3acecee77d5c119ff64d2c56428c3c99.jpg

632217585075e_EuFiF-22undF-18.thumb.jpg.ee256a7fc784a2097adf99e36f9ab6b1.jpg

• Like 2

A special skin of german EuFi.

639b4d72d113d_EuFiAustralien2022.thumb.jpg.9f8102d732535cff6d41a9d93425a258.jpg

copyright: Bundeswehr

• Like 1

Eurofighter HUD. For the case, that a modder want to make a new one for SF2.

52376564690_e73568a16f_k.thumb.jpg.424a942222b0312190aad35e6c1bf7bd.jpg

copyright: Bundesluftwaffe

Airdefender 2023, a big scale NATO exercise over Germany in the last two weeks.

To be honest, the blue-grey camo of the EuFi looks much better than the ugly american grey, but the Americans have missiles. We not.

64946f039b992_EufiundF-15F-16.thumb.jpg.a3266c4087a911ef2e2452661fb2fee5.jpg

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Gepard said:

Airdefender 2023, a big scale NATO exercise over Germany in the last two weeks.

To be honest, the blue-grey camo of the EuFi looks much better than the ugly american grey, but the Americans have missiles. We not.

RLM colors vs Federal Standard..  :biggrin:  

EuFi over north german landscape

64aa9fa47e25e_EufiJuni2023.thumb.jpg.745fc291486b53c4758e7509c138e37f.jpg

• Like 1