Sign in to follow this  
Silberpfeil

F-35C ramp strike video

Leaked video of U.S.S. Carl Vinson monitors during last month's incident where pilot ejected safely and was rescued, but seven sailors were injured.

• Sad 1

a couple of comments -

On the accident.  Left of line up on roll out, settled in close, power/burner added too late.  The LSO's call for power.  On the first leaked video you can hear the engines spooling up but almost at the ramp.  

Ward Carroll (highly recommended!) and his two pilot and former fighter CO's does an outstanding job of analyzing it.  A lot of technical stuff way better than when I was riding along in the back. 

my next comment builds on what Ward and his pilot colleagues, leaders of sailors, comment on regarding security and the accident board process.  

What. The. Hell!!!!!

The "Oh Well" response by the PAO just adds fuel to the conflagration of what used to pass for security.  The wholesale leaking of stuff is astonishing and jeopardizes the investigative process and the security of the ship.  How does EMCON and OPSEC work if sailors can upload everything to the internet?  

it will be interesting to see how what's left of this process plays out.  

• Like 4

On 2/9/2022 at 1:15 PM, Typhoid said:

The wholesale leaking of stuff is astonishing

My thoughts exactly.

The enemy doesn't need an intelligence agency. Just use Google, YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, MSNBC, Fox, CBS, ABC, and CNN because they'll certainly let you know what's up.

But I digress from the point of this thread.

On 2/9/2022 at 1:15 PM, Typhoid said:

On the accident.  Left of line up on roll out, settled in close, power/burner added too late.  The LSO's call for power.  On the first leaked video you can hear the engines spooling up but almost at the ramp.  

Ward Carroll (highly recommended!) and his two pilot and former fighter CO's does an outstanding job of analyzing it.  A lot of technical stuff way better than when I was riding along in the back

I thank you for breaking this down with what's being seen in the videos. I remember from your interview that you've made hundreds of carrier landings in the E-2C Hawkeye.

I was riding in the back, not a pilot and not an LSO.  But watched a lot on the PLAT and listened to the pilots.  

17 hours ago, Typhoid said:

I was riding in the back, not a pilot and not an LSO.  But watched a lot on the PLAT and listened to the pilots.  

Oh. That's still cool though.

Wow. I have more questions about this too.

5 hours ago, Skyviper said:

Wow. I have more questions about this too.

My first question is what form of execution is most appropriate