Sign in to follow this  
Albrecht_Kaseltzer

re: Patch 1.21

This is in reaction to @Polovski's latest news post (HERE).

https://www.overflandersfields.com/news.html

All I can say is, if you look at what's being offered, this is game-changing. This is like being given an entirely new game altogether without having to pay a single cent extra.

In the past, I've approached reconnaissance missions as "those fun scenery rides before you get serious in 1917 and become an ace fighter pilot." When V1.21 comes out, we're going to have a lot more options to be actively engaged in reconnaissance flights. I almost want my ace DiD pilot to snap his Nieuport's wings off in combat* (ok, maybe not) so I can get the full BE2c experience now - and that's not something I ever thought I'd be saying.

Microsoft has conditioned me to generally despise updates. This is one I'm actually excited for.

• Like 2

I think so too Alby. Recon, photography and arty spotting were the main functions of the air services and of vital importance to the PBI. Get me up in that Quirk quick and let me at 'em ! Mind you, it's dangerous stuff and not for the faint hearted. Have you got the right stuff chaps ? Will you do your duty for King and country ? Yes ? Well then, grow a moustache. Your country needs you !

• Like 2

Exciting news indeed. WoFF is that rare software that I actually upgrade regularly, and even have an older version (or two) archived for museum goodness. Other things usually have a "best version" beyond which I don't upgrade unless I want to break things or slow down the computer. Looking forward to future updates OBD.

Carry on gents',

Von S :flyer:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Albrecht_Kaseltzer said:

All I can say is, if you look at what's being offered, this is game-changing. This is like being given an entirely new game altogether without having to pay a single cent extra.

In the past, I've approached reconnaissance missions as "those fun scenery rides before you get serious in 1917 and become an ace fighter pilot." When V1.21 comes out, we're going to have a lot more options to be actively engaged in reconnaissance flights. I almost want my ace DiD pilot to snap his Nieuport's wings off in combat* (ok, maybe not) so I can get the full BE2c experience now - and that's not something I ever thought I'd be saying.

Microsoft has conditioned me to generally despise updates. This is one I'm actually excited for.

Well said Sir! I’ll second that. 

• Like 1

"What he said," says I pointing to Albrecht. OBD's commitment to this stellar sim is outstanding. They keep it fresh and, while offering presents like this from time to time, they keep us willing to support them when it's time to open the wallet.

"They keep it fresh and, while offering presents like this from time to time, they keep us willing to support them when it's time to open the wallet."-Raine

I agreed ,WOFF is best WW1 sim in this moment.

I'm willing to pay for a decent upgrade!

On 2/17/2022 at 2:06 AM, Albrecht_Kaseltzer said:

Hi Gents! It's been a little bit...

I had to jump in and agree with Albrecht's statement. For any other developer, this would be a paid DLC pack, probably somewhere between 20 and 40 dollars in asking price. The fact that OBD is doing this for free... well it speaks to the devs that I've known for going on two decades. I'm not surprised, but I also will be donating to the cause as they keep working. And just in time for my new flight simming rig to arrive! (Turning 40 has its perks!).

Hope the community is doing well - miss you all. Hope to be around more often!

• Like 2

I totally agree with Capt. Sopwith and Albrecht's comments - the devs have always supported the WOFF community like no other out there and are an example on how it should be done.  This update will be a game changer and add so much more to the WOFF campaign experience and as already be note is for free!   Could not have chosen a better to return to my all time favourite game.

Wow, this is gona take some practice. I keep getting "wrong location". Will have spend more time with this patch.

Flown a few, crapped my pants on every one of them. This aint easy any more. Been shot down by Archie twice now...Bus written off and plenty of light duties afterwards.

Could be very short careers.... and that without fighting scouts too.

At least we get to walk away!