I have to reinstall the main folder of SF2: mods folder are already packed fortunately

Which patch level should I choose?

I would like various opinions, and possibly with motivations, in order to prepare a new install: I will use eburger packages so I should be minimum at march 2012

I understand that it is a matter of compromises: I would like to understand the better possible one

Thank you in advance

The last patch was July 2013 so that's about it as I would recommend patching up to that as that's what everybody else is runnning right now (I would assume so anyway).

It seems the majority of the patches on this site are tested for the fully merged July 2013 version of the game. It is the version I run.

Remind again the sequence of patching please,, base install, merge all the games and patch..is jul2013 enough?

I have the complete installer. It does it automatically.

However, posts in other threads indicate that SF2 can be installed in any order so long as you have the July 2013 patch executables.