Does anybody know if it's possible to view the stock cockpits on the LOD Viewer app; and if so, how?

They might be locked due to TK's anti-piracy measures. I would think those would be too.

Hi eric. I was just thinking there; didn't Nyghtfall find a way to view them, or was that on another 3D app he was using.

It is possible to view them. What you need to do is to change the lod callout in the AC.ini for the pit lod, this assumes that you already looked at the given AC's cockpit.ini and you do know the given lod's name.

In the AC. ini you need to show this line:

[LOD001]
Filename=F-15A_pit.LOD
Distance=120

The name comes from the AC_cockpit.ini:

[CockpitSeat001]
ModelName=F-15A_pit.LOD    <--------

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

On 22/08/2021 at 6:53 PM, pvince said:

Fill the attached file with the cockpit name you need (Filename=XYZ_cockpit.LOD) and open in LODviewer

Visu_cockpit.INI

1 hour ago, logan4 said:

It is possible to view them. What you need to do is to change the lod callout in the AC.ini for the pit lod, this assumes that you already looked at the given AC's cockpit.ini and you do know the given lod's name.

[LOD001]
Filename=F-15A_pit.LOD
Distance=120

[CockpitSeat001]

:blink: AMAZING!!! I've been using TW sims for years and have trying every which way to do that!!!! It's a perfect example of thinking outside the box. Thanks a million Logan 

While we're on the subject of cockpits; I've been trying to Anglicise some of the gauges and panels on the Mirage 5BA cockpit. Does anybody know the english translation for these: 

5BA_pit.JPG.52201f3f75169ae9f72251ce3b978f70.JPG

Google translate has told me that 'Bidons' loosely translates as 'Cans' which I'm assuming means the external tanks. I'm completely lost on 'Voils', though.

....... I knew I should've paid more attention at school :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, logan4 said:

It is possible to view

LOL Muahaha! Nice trick.You rised my mood. Very clever :D

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Piecemeal said:

While we're on the subject of cockpits; I've been trying to Anglicise some of the gauges and panels on the Mirage 5BA cockpit. Does anybody know the english translation for these: 

5BA_pit.JPG.52201f3f75169ae9f72251ce3b978f70.JPG

Google translate has told me that 'Bidons' loosely translates as 'Cans' which I'm assuming means the external tanks. I'm completely lost on 'Voils', though.

....... I knew I should've paid more attention at school :rolleyes:

Voils is a short version of voilure which is French for aerofoil.

So I guess the left button jettisons the fuselage stores, the middle button jettisons the wing stores and the right button jettisons the fuel tanks?

Dels

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, logan4 said:

[LOD001]
Filename=F-15A_pit.LOD
Distance=120

[CockpitSeat001]

Yes, this workaround is required because the author of the LODViewer was to lazy to implement this feature into the tool. Maybe he will find some time (and motivation) in the future :biggrin:.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

On 31.3.2022 at 11:13 AM, mue said:

Yes, this workaround is required because the author of the LODViewer was to lazy to implement this feature into the tool. Maybe he will find some time (and motivation) in the future :biggrin:.

You know...if you reach someone your little finger, they grab the whole arm. :drinks:

I welcome every bit of improvement for LOD-viewer - it's makes modding so much easier!

Having a way to easily load a cockpit-LOD into LOD-viewer is great. I don't know if it is possible and how much work it would need - including a way to see the changes made in the cockpit.ini (rearranging instruments for stand-in cockpits for example) would be incredible. :biggrin:

It's just a wish though. I cannot thank you enough for this tool as it is. :worship:

• Like 4

On 31/03/2022 at 11:13 AM, mue said:

Not needed, we have to way to check without running the game, which is the purpose of your great tool.

But if you really want to go back on it :rolleyes:, I have more needed suggestions: add pilots and seats (position adjustment) and moreover weapons (same, attachment adjustment) :drinks:

For the last one, for example, it could be according to a 'debug' [LODviewer] section in the loadout.ini !