Sign in to follow this  
busdriver

Mod install conundrum...operator error

Been away from BH&H2 for six months or so. I successfully uninstalled/clean installed and patched to V1.22. Flew a couple of uneventful Recce sorties, geez that's a whole lot of flak! Figured I'd see what the historically populated airfields mod looks like. I thought I followed the guidance...highlighted in red text.

6246595c5b63d_historicallypopairfields.jpg.ee4b386c4bebc539094943decdcaf449.jpg

According to JSGME they were installed in the proper order.

6246595ce6692_JSMGEinstalledmods.jpg.acca5abedf4ce2e2bf94eb116c1b81f2.jpg

When prompted to open the Mission Editor by WOFF, I did so. Found the proper folder & file, I didn't get any pop-up instructions when I opened the mission, so I simply clicked save. I clicked "yes" when asked if I wanted the airfields populated, but got this.

6246595bbd920_airfieldmodnotfound.jpg.a18d232435ed601c3f230ca6fa31d47d.jpg

Who wants to be the first 1GCCFP to tell me what I did wrong, and how to correct my error? Much obliged in advance.:salute:

I could be mistaken (I often am), but I think the Consolidated Airfields mod hasn't been updated to 1.22 yet (give them time). 

You might contact the mod creators, Robert Wiggins and Panama Red, directly for more information. 

As BB says (thanks BB).  Remove it and see if WOFF still works first then ask the modders.

1 hour ago, Polovski said:

Remove it and see if WOFF still works first then ask the modders.

The game with v1.22 plays just fine. I might have to dial down the effectiveness of flak, I keep having to make forced landings due to fuel leaks. :good:

624888fe324d1_PLEv1.0.1.jpg.444ae769fb5be7a742335dcb89ec8b18.jpg

I just figured if others were using these mods they might notice something obvious that I had knackered. It's no big deal.

Busdriver above you said it didn't work ?

Re flak, did you not try setting ground gun difficulty to easy? Also different regions and times will produce different amounts too. 

BG5Rz5B.jpg

Edited by Polovski

29 minutes ago, Polovski said:

Busdriver above you said it didn't work ?

The unmodified sim works fine, the historically populated airfield mod does not. 

32 minutes ago, Polovski said:

Re flak, did you not try setting ground gun difficulty to easy?

Initially avoiding using the "easy" setting in an attempt to evaluate how nasty "normal" is. Normal is pretty brutal when trying to meet the parameters required for a successful Recce sortie. It is what it is. :good:

Going by memory here, but I believe the "Custom Consolidated Airfields" mod and the "Realistically Populated Airfield" mods are  two separate and unrelated items. The first adds custom airfields and the second adds aircraft on the ground. You do not have the Realistic Populated mod installed so Mission Editor can't run that function. Hopefully others can chime in if I am off base.

11 hours ago, 77Scout said:

Going by memory here, but I believe the "Custom Consolidated Airfields" mod and the "Realistically Populated Airfield" mods are  two separate and unrelated items. The first adds custom airfields and the second adds aircraft on the ground. You do not have the Realistic Populated mod installed so Mission Editor can't run that function. Hopefully others can chime in if I am off base.

No worries mate, read that bit of red text in my OP out loud. :drinks:

14 hours ago, 77Scout said:

+1

For what it's worth, I have both mods. running in my 1.22 install of BH&H2 - no incompatibilities spotted. The only "mod." that I am so far aware of that is not compatible with BH&H2 patch 1.21 or later is not even a JSGME-loading mod., but a standalone Java applet - JJJ's MultiMod (simply doesn't open with BH&H2 1.21 or later). I'm sure that JJJ will eventually update the excellent MultiMod.

Cheers all,

Von S :smile:

Hallo @Busdriver,

I believe, @VonS and @77Scout haven't seen the picture in your first posting and that you have installed both. It seems, the sequence is right. What about the versions? 2.6 and 1.5? I only can say what I would try to do: 

1: Turn off ME and activate only the WOFF 0 BH&HII Consolidated Custom Facilities Airfields Mod V.2.6, because you can use it as stand-alone-mod and test it. Normally you must see populated airfields and static aeroplanes in front of the tents / hangar. Then this mod is okay.

2:  deactivate the WOFF 0 BH&HII Consolidated Custom Facilities Airfields Mod again, turn on ME (V.2.0) and test it. Does ist function? Then this is okay too.

3:  Check the download-file from WOFF BH&H2 Historically Populated Airfields Mod V.1.5. Is it wrong download it again and repeat the installation. Is it okay, then there is somewhere a installation-/data-mistake or it needs an update due to ReconWars. But in this last case other users should report on the same problem.

Sorry, I can't help more and hope you will find it.

Edited by Becker02

@Becker02 thanks mate, we're on the same page. The mods were the current versions from Sandbagger's site.

624b44a751069_Modversions.jpg.aa4bd0ddd815454345fb90f62058b992.jpg

I had checked steps 1 and 2, and I can't honestly say if the CCFA mod works for me. To be fair, I have not paid close attention to the airfield environment. My current career is assigned to Hesdigneul with 2 Sqn. The airfield looks the same with and without CCFA installed. Perhaps if I were flying from a custom airfield I would notice a difference.

It's all good. Thanks for your time :drinks:

On 02/04/2022 at 9:34 PM, busdriver said:

The unmodified sim works fine, the historically populated airfield mod does not. 

Initially avoiding using the "easy" setting in an attempt to evaluate how nasty "normal" is. Normal is pretty brutal when trying to meet the parameters required for a successful Recce sortie. It is what it is. :good:

OK got ya. Yes the flak varies also with date and place and what facilities are near.  Easy is a good setting if you are in a tough area.

Sorry I can't help with the airfield mod.