Sign in to follow this  
Icarus999

CH Fighterstick/throttle/rudder windows 10 sf2 problem

Just built a new windows 10 computer and installed sf2. Ported over my Thirdwire control map For my CH flight controls from my previous windows 7 SF2 install and in the new system  it is totally messed up. The new SF2 install is unable to assign the settings to the proper devices as called out by the old TW map file.  It seems to have problems differentiating ion between the Fighterstick  and the Pro throttle Additionally all of the button/ key bindings are miss translated . The call outs in the map file are correct, but the interpretation is hosed up.

Have  any of you with windows 10 and CH flight controls had this issue? 

Thank you in advance.

The CH stuff works fine with SF2 in Win 10 and 11

Been so many years since I moved from 7 I don't remember - I may have just remapped the CH stuff in Game from fresh - doesn't take long.

I may have had to run as admin to get the controls to stick.

I had problems getting older versions of Control Manager to run on Win10. I seem to have resolved that and have never had an issue beyond that. 

I would look at MigBuster's advice on doing a fresh remap. Start with one of your more popular maps and go from there. 

Does it seem to be ALL the keys getting messed up or is it a select few?

Do you have the latest, greatest version of CH Control Manager?

I ended up doing a remap, as all of the controllers and buttons were not being recognized correctly. Previous versions of windows recognized the devices however windows 10 seemed to need the control manager software to create virtual HID devices in order to control the CH devices.

Very glad to hear you got it working. Yes, these are the sort of weird things that still annoy me about Windows 10. My latest is the tendency for Win 10 to turn off my screensaver when an update is done. WTF??

You have to run control manager as ADMINISTRATOR with Compatibility set for WINDOWS 7. Then you can map controls, and your map can be downloaded.

The only CH Product that will not work is the MFD Panel. I replaced mine with a Thrustmaster MFD. If you want to be able to get communication strings  attached to a single key, I recommend the Expert Keys EK24.