Slant6

Will a newer, powerful CPU help with slowdowns?

Running a i5 2500 Sandy Bridge rig with a GTX 1050 ti vid card. Get slowdowns in Vietnam campaigns, especially the 2 Linebacker campaigns. Lots of SAMs/AAA and B-52 loads going off at once. Has anyone found that this goes away when upgrading to new generation Intel or Ryzen CPUs? BTW, ran MSI afterburner with SF2, and it does indeed use all 4 cores.

• Like 1

Generally speaking yes having a 2080 graphics card and a i7 processor or higher with good ram starting with 16 that should help a lot and the game will run much better, but you will experience some slow frame rate with high poly models loaded in a mission ( but not the same as if you use you current system). So Yes in general and No for some mission (Game limitation using direct x9) but it will be far superior than having and old graphic card and CPU.

Edited by GKABS
  • Like 1

I saw a massive increase with my new upgrade: Ryzen 16 core, 32 gb 3600mhz ram, Samsung 2 tb ssd, geforce rtx 3060 12gb vram.

I have highly graphically intense modded installs, with extended horizon draw distances. mod combinations that used to bog down and choke my old system ( which was high end for strike fighters) run silky smooth, so much so I am considering making a video demonstrating the performance that is now possible with highly modded  sf2 and the latest pc components.  CPU performance makes a big difference.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Icarus999 said:

I am considering making a video demonstrating the performance that is now possible with highly modded  sf2 and the latest pc components. 

if ypu do this video i will watch it. I don't see much performance gain when I play on my old PC and on my new game laptop. It's just that the game has an old unoptimized engine, it seems to me. Well, this is my personal observation. I have a gaming laptop, but far from top end. I want to watch a heavily modified game on the latest computer and using my "heavy" poligoned MiG-29UB fighters take part in the battle. somewhere 12 aircraft for example.  And heavy battles on the ground with Tanks, Grads, SAMs. And Choppers :)