Sign in to follow this  
Eagle114th

Asking for an advice - Finding aircraft coordination

Hello everyone,

I am back to modding SF2 slowly.  I am currently working on pushing to SF2 limitation with effects (Vortex, afterburner, and other kinds of effects).  There is one thing that got me puzzled.  What is the quickest way to find specific coordination (X, Y, Z) to place an effect on certain parts of aircraft? 

For now, I am doing it through trials and errors by re-starting SF2, seeing where the effect is, then shutting SF2, re-edit the notepad, then repeating the steps.  Therefore is why I am hoping that someone can share the shortcuts.

Thank you and cheers!

Eagle114th

Use Mue´s Lodviewer!

With the curser you can go on a specific part of the object.

Coordinates are shown in the bottom of the lodviewer

.post-30564-0-18920700-1432462625.jpg.9d61a1ebf9882287d2aec21c9ea39b9f.jpg

You can use Mue's LodViewer to find the general locations in X,Y,Z, (checking positions from all axis/view with mouse coordinates of the place you want the effect to show up) then you have to fine tune them through the game. For the LodViewer you can get quite accurate placement info, so no major adjustments will be needed..

Everyone, THANK YOU! I didn't realize there is actually coordination at bottom of the software window!  I was using LOD viewer earlier.  This will save me A LOT of time.   

Cheers!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1