New updates on A-4 engine node animation (military thrust) and exhaust emitter (clean):

img00034

img00035

Edited by Eagle114th
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, Eagle114th said:

UPDATE2:  Found flyable A-1H and J by Dels and Wrench.  This mod contains what I needed in Data.ini.  I am updating A-1H and J series with it.

Excelent Work!!! 

After you finished all blue forces stock aircraft, will it include changes on the Red ones? and will it be flyable using one of the excelent cockpits available on this site?

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, snowburn said:

Excelent Work!!! 

After you finished all blue forces stock aircraft, will it include changes on the Red ones? and will it be flyable using one of the excelent cockpits available on this site?

That is the plan!  It is my goal to overhaul all planes, this involves making Soviet’s aircraft flyable too. 

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

After facing the issues with effect (Posted at another thread about it), I had to resort to using dirtyexhaustemitter and cleanexhaustemitter.  However, for a few specific aircraft, I still am able to make custom effects for them.  Here is A-1 with a new effect, note they come directly from engine exhaust directly.  You can see a fade smoke.  I am looking forward to the feedback, so all features can be improved further.

img00038

By the way, I contemplated this, it turns out that I also have the goal of updating all aircraft data.ini, loadout.ini, and other ini. files.  However, as stated in SFCE, I am not adding any new aircraft or skins.  For example, all A-4s get updated .ini to carry more accurate loadout, updated flight model, and other tweaks.  This is what I aim for.  When SFCE is completed, anyone can use it as a base to install any mods on it.  

However, specific nation aircraft, such as A-4G an example, get overhauled as well.  SFCE includes custom weapons, fuel tanks, and other types of equipment for A-4G.  But keep in mind, I intend to keep add-on ordnance/weapons as minimum as possible.  

Right now, it looks like F-4s, A-1s, and A-4s are almost completed.  They will be uploaded for next version of SFCE Beta.

Eagle114th

Edited by Eagle114th
  • Like 1

Hello everyone,

New version of beta is now released.  The link is posted in the first post.  

Thank you CombatAce community, especially Ravenclaw_007, Wrench, Nightshade/PR, Menrva, Daddyplanes, Trotski00, and Coupi for big support with the project.  If there are any names I forgot to mention here, my apologizes  

the new beta includes the overhauls for for all A-1s, A-4s, and F-4s.  It also contains "readfy to install" folder structures.  You wil need to create a new SF2 folder for this.  I hope you all like it.

Cheers

Edited by Eagle114th
  • Like 1

Hello everyone!

I have the next screenshots to share.  While I was working on A-6, decided to give MiG a try first.  This time, it is MiG-15. I had a lot of fun working on it.  She is flyable now with new sounds, updated .ini, along with a new flight model from KAW campaign mod.  After doing research on MiG-15, I am unable to find any information about MiG-15 landing lights.  Turn out MiG-15 may not have landing gear.  Please correct me if I am wrong though.

img00041

img00042

img00043

MiG-15 is looking good so far. I am moving on to MiG-15bis and MiG-17s next before working on A-6s.  MiG-17 afterburner is unique.  it will be interesting to see how MiG-17 afterburner going on/off rapidly can be simulated in SF2.

• Like 2

Hello everyone!

Process report:

MiG-15s and MIG-17s are completed.  I am now working on MiG-19 before moving on to A-6s.  MiG-17 effect is the most challenging project, especially when working on "flashing" afterburner effect as shown in this video:

The afterburner effect is not exactly perfect but it is the best I could do after many hours of experimenting with effect.  The effect with SF2 can be very frustrating, especially with transparent (alpha) background not working properly.  From time to time, I usually see edge showing up non-alpha when it is supposed to have alpha (invisiblke color). 

Now with that behind me, as soon MiG-19 is done, the next version of beta wil be released.  Please note, it is difficult to find the pictures of MiG-17 wing vortex and afterburner sound file.  I am not giving up looking for it.   It also appear there is no landing light featured in MiG15s, 17s and 19s.  Please correct me if I am wrong though.  Anyway, here is screenshots: 

img00049

img00051

img00055

img00056

img00057

img00058

Edited by Eagle114th
  • Like 3

The miG-19 engine is another tricky challenge to work on.  One of the most challenging parts was looking for the pictures and videos of the MiG-19 afterburner. I kept wondering why there is no visible afterburner in old MiG-19 videos.   The journey led me to MiG-19 book and DCS MiG-19P Manual.  Then I saw this:

unknown.png

I was surprised and I realized something.  This engine is so unique and it does not show the afterburner because it is barely visible!  Notice dark red glowing flame from the top picture?  This led me to work on MiG-19 afterburner tga SF2 provided.  This is the result for engine node (military thrust):

img00059

Afterburner have intense red glowing for inner afterburner.  As it exit engine nozzle, it becomes more orange color.

img00060

img00061

img00062

MiG-19 is one of aircraft that actually uses afterburner TGA.  And this time, 2D texture is tweaked to become more intense red in color.

Now next step is to work on the wing vortex effects when doing hard turning.

Eagle114th

• Like 5

Hello everyone!

The project with MiG-19s and J-6s / F-6s has taken me longer than I thought.  All of them are updated with new effects and changes to the weapons and other items in data ini files.  An exported version of J-6C "Farmer-C" is renamed to F-6C "Farmer-C" for Egypt.  The next version with updated MiG-15s / 17s / 19s and J-6s / F-6s will be released soon.

Eagle114th

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hello everyone!

The new version of SFCE v1.1d is now released which includes updated F-4Ks and F-4Ms, J-6s / F-6s, and MiG-15s / 17s / 19s.  Let me know if you see any errors or inaccurates with any aspect of aircraft in SFCE. I will fix them.

As always, the feedback are appreciated.  They are what makes mod better.

ENJOY!

Eagle114th

• Like 1

While I am still searching for an authentical VK-1F afterburner sounds for MiG-17F and PF, I am doing two things at the same time:

- Improving the existing exhaust effects for F-4s and A-4s
- Working on TW A-6s, EA-6B, and A-7s

I am pleased with the result of the inner A-6's engine node animation.  If you peek around and look directly into A-6's inner nozzle, you will see it.

img00068

Edited by Eagle114th
  • Like 2

Hello everyone!

Report for today: J79 exhaust is being improved to become more realistic looking smoke.  I am doing my best and the feedback are always welcomed.  

F-4 Phantom II J79 engine exhaust smoke and note how the smoke now match the actual size of jet nozzle:

img00069

img00070

img00071

• Like 3

Hello everyone!

Today report: 

A-6s and EA-6s are being worked on.  Almost everything is completed, along with cockpit.  I owe a big thank to HomeFries for his excellent A-6s and EA-6s superpack.  He poured a lot of passions into this.  Being a big fan of his mods, I am implementing the ini files from his pack.  A-6s and EA-6s cockpit are from SF2V Air & Ground War Expansion Packn (Malibu43 & Eburger68) and A-6 "Flight of the Intruder" Editional (allenjb42 & Monty CZ & Column5).

So far, EA-6B pilot's seat position are being tweaked and adjusted.  It is looking good so far

img00073

img00074

It turns out that EA-6B from SF2 does not have canopy opening/closing animation.  At least, the wing folding animation are still available!

img00076

Eagle114th

Edited by Eagle114th
  • Like 4

Next report for today:

All A-6A and A-6Es have pilot and co-pilot posiiton and seat position adjusted so they are in align with each other when being in cockpit view:

img00078

img00079

img00080

HomeFries' excellent A-6 and EA-6 pack also includes .ini for the night lights, navigation lights, and canopy (A-6s only) and wing folding animations.

img00077

Eagle114th

Edited by Eagle114th
  • Like 6

While testing MiG-15s, MiG-17s, MiG-19s, and J-6s / F-6s, I realized they are still using older cockpits.  After talking with the modders, I am updating all MiG-15s / 17s / 19s and J-6s / F-6s with newer cockpits released by Stary.  Here is screenshot of MIG-15s and 17s with new HD cockpit:

img00083

img00084

img00085

MiG-17PF also get new cockpit:

img00081

img00082

MiG-19s and J-6s / F-6s cockpits:

img00087

Eagle114th

Edited by Eagle114th
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Wilches said:

Sadly he´s gone...

He just came back!  If you look at SFCE page 1, he posted there.  :)

Eagle114th

Edited by Eagle114th

Skyraider, Migs, Intruders, i think you only need to add flyable Starfighters and Vampires for DLC owners!!

your community expansion is getting better every day :drinks:

2 hours ago, snowburn said:

Skyraider, Migs, Intruders, i think you only need to add flyable Starfighters and Vampires for DLC owners!!

your community expansion is getting better every day :drinks:

Thank you for the supports!  It is my intention to overhaul every aircraft in SF2 (with all expansions pack and DLCs).  My great passions is with all aircraft around the world, including 'forgotten' aircraft.  

I also thinks that F-104s will be interesting aircraft to work on.  I am looking forward to it too. 

Cheers!

• Thanks 1

Hello everyone!

Report for today, I have good and bad news:  Let's go with one bad new before we go with good news.

Unfortunately, due to componethe nts limitation of 32, I am unable to implement all wing vortex effects on A-6s and EA-6s.  The wings of A-6s and EA-6s are so wide and big, requiring at least 19 effects for each wing.  I created new thread about it at this link:

https://combatace.com/forums/topic/97419-need-advice-from-modder-components-limitation/

However, I am saving the codes for future usage, in case, the workaround is found or TK ever decides to upper the limitation from 32 to 64 or even higher. 

Now time for good news!

All effects are optimized.  Let's face it, even though the computer now are way more powerful than decades ago, there is still one limitation that haunts SF2;  It is still 32-bit software.  Even if you have a medium to high-end PC, the nature of 32 bits software still bottlenecks everything, including RAM.  If I remember correctly, with 32-bit software, it still only use up to 4 GB RAM, even if you have 16 GB, 32 GB, or even 64 GB RAM.

This is how each effects are opitimzed with MaxVisibleDistance.

Aircraft wing vortex = 4000
Engine exhaust = 12000
Engine node animation = 2000
Engine inner afterburner (insize nozzle) = 4000
Engine Afterburner = 8000

If you want to make it higher, you can always edit ini files in Effects folder.

Next news, it is all thanks to Stary's excellent cockpits for MiG-15s / 17s / 19s, I learned how to improve the cockpit night lights.  You can see the big difference with screenshots.  

SF2 Default cockpit lights (A-6s and EA-6s)
img00096

Improved night cockpit lights version: 
NOTE:  You also can see your co-pilot with improved red lights.
img00097

img00098

A-1H Improved cockpit night lights:
img00099

A-4C Improved cockpit night lights:
img00100

F-4E Improved cockpit night lights:
img00101

All A-1s, A-4s, A-6s, EA-6s, and F-4s night cockpits are being updated with improved cockpit night lights.

Eagle114th

Edited by Eagle114th
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Are you planning to add cockpits to the Fishbeds as well?

8 hours ago, Stratos said:

Are you planning to add cockpits to the Fishbeds as well?

Yes that is the plan, including the MiG-23s and rest of Soviets aircraft!  I decided to randomly select next aircraft to work on instead of doing it alphabetically from aircraft list.  More fun this way.

Eagle114th

Edited by Eagle114th
  • Like 1

Report for today:

After fixing the bugs with some F-4s afterburner not displaying correctly, I took noted of the afterburner at night.  Corrected the location of all afterburner light location, so it gives the lights right after where engine nozzle is.  Here is a screenshot of MiG-19's corrected afterburner light colors:

img00106

img00108

This one is difficult to spot, MiG-19S military thrust engine node (dark red):

img00109

Now that all A-1s, A-4s, A-6s, EA-6s, J-6s / F-6s, and MiG-15s / 17s / 19s are polished, I am moving on to A-7s before randomly picking next plane to work on.  Sorry no wing vortex for A-6s and EA-6s for now.  I worry that if I add too many components or systemnames, it may cause instability issues with A-6s and EA-6s in SF2.  So it is better to play it safe.

Eagle114th

Report for today:

I was always bothered by how new F-4's J79 and other aircraft exhaust smoke looks like.  So I did further works on A-4s, A-6s, F-4s (J79 and RR Spey), along with new A-7's engine effects.  After doing research on A-7A, B, C, D, and E engine and looking at TK's codes for all A-7s.  Turns out that older engine are more darker color, smokey than newer engine.  That gave me reasons to re-work on A-4s and F-4s exhaust.  

Now this time I am actually happy with how it turns out!  Since I promised myself to work on A-7s after A-6s.  However, after A-7s is completed, will randomly pick next plane to work. I am thinking of E.E. Lightning series or Mirage III / V series.

Anyway, here are screenshots of re-worked effects:

A-4 A / B/ C (J65 powered):img00111

A-4 E / F/ G/ L / K (J52 powered):
img00112

A-6s:
img00119

F-4 Phantom II (J79 powered)
img00113

F-4 Phantom II (RR Spey powered):
img00114

The engine node are also further improved to make them appear a bit darker, so they are more realistic this way.
img00115

img00116

img00118

img00117

Eagle114th

Edited by Eagle114th

Report for today:

All A-7s are almost completed.  There are some issues I am having through;  I am am still hunting for the authentical TP30 engine sounds for early A-7s.  At least I have TF41 engine sounds.  Same thing with VK-1F afterburner, It is still being searched for MiG-17F and MiG-17PF.   Even though I am deaf, it doesn't stop me from trying to give SF2 the best sounds possible.  I do not want to use generic sound engine shared by multi aircraft.  It is more immersive if each aircraft engine have their own proper sounds.

Now back to good news, here are screenshots of A-7D, you can see, not only canopy animation are enabled, the arrest hook are re-enabled for all air force version of A-7s.  Any features that get disabled by specific A-7s for reasons, get re-enabled.

img00126

New engine node animation:
img00127

Unique exhaust smoke for TF41 powered A-7s:
img00128

Wing vortex when doing hard turning:
img00130

img00131

Landing light added:
img00133

Improved night light for cockpit:
img00134

Please note, I am in progress of replacing default cockpit with The Mirage factory version from TMF A-7s pack.  However, there will be option to restore back to TW version of A-7 cockpit (with improved night light).

Eagle114th