Hello everyone, 

I updated the thread title to SFCE.  The reason why the name is Strike Fighter Community Expansion is that this mod uses various mods made by authors from CombatAce.  This mod is not only for my Saad - Zafir project. It is also for the community to use freely too!

What you will see in SFCE: 

Upgrades to all SF2 aircraft with improved cockpit, ini files tweaks, effects, having their own sounds files, and other kind of improvements.

However, SFCE, in another hand, does NOT add any new add-on plane to SF2.  The reason of this:  With SFCE, anyone can use it as base to add any mods to it, build their own mod pack on top of it, or import big mod packs and upgrade it to work with SFCE.

LINK to SFCE Beta 1.2a:  https://www.mediafire.com/file/8s9f09dp35iwyjb/SFCE_v1.2a.7z/file

I am able to release the beta now, it is all thanks to CombatAce community for the supports and pictures needed for the projects,  including Ravenclaw_007, Wrench, Nightshade/PR, Menrva, Daddyplanes, and Trotski00 for helping me with advice, pictures/videos references, modding, and aircraft information and Coupi for testing and fixing the sounds problems in F-4s ini files.  I especially want to thank to all authors of mods for giving me the permissions to use various mods for this project.   If there is any names I forgot to mention here, please let me know.  I will add your names here asap.  My apologies.

this beta version Includes changes to all A-1s, A-4s, and F-4s series.  A-6 is being worked on now.  The feedback will be always helpful to improve this mod even further.  Please let me know if you see any errors with the loadout, sounds, and other features.

BUGS / ISSUES:
1) I am still puzzled by these bugs.  When using F-4s and turning the navigation light on, as you start rolling down the runway, the light won't cover the whole runway.  There are sections that blackout the light area.  If any of you know how to solve it, please let me know.  If any of you know or suggest additional mods I am not aware of that improves TW aircraft, please let me know too.

2) There is one issue in Egyptian Mirage 5SDE's loadout.ini.  BFT is not working in loadout.ini, BUT you still will be able to have 4 of bombs loaded instead of having total 8 bombs with BFT automatically.  At least BFT still works well and you can manually load them in loadout.  If any of you know how to fix this, please let me know and I will happily update SFCE with it

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone,

I have to put the project on halt for now.  The life situation suddenly changed.  My wife is in hospital and I am doing everything to take care of the situation.  It is the hardest time in my life.  I need to step away from CombatAce for time being until the situation improves.  I will be back someday.

Eagle114th

Edited by Eagle114th
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

I am improving the afterburner further with more tweaks and managed to get the afterburner to have more realistic light effects at night.  No more afterburner acting like a flashlight anymore. 

Edited by Eagle114th
  • Like 5

This is very interesting!  I managed to get "military" thrust engine node animation running.  In my opinion, it looks better than the non-existence node.  When you land and turn off the engine, the node animation will disappear.  I am going to make it even more transparent so you can barely see it.  For now, this is the result.  Please note that the left jet engine has military thrust node animation while the right jet engine doesn't.

• Like 2

Jeezzzzzz!!! This is a major breakthrough!!!! I´m very excited with the possibilities. Congrats man!!!!

• Thanks 1

Finally managed to add light to the front landing gear while tweaked the engine node further.  However, I am facing problem with it at the moment. I will make a new post about it.  At once when the light problem is solved, then beta release for F-4B with all new features will be posted here.   If the feedback are positive, I will implement it on the rest of F-4s in SF2 and will move on to A-1s and A-4s next.

Cheers!

• Like 2

Well done!!! :good:

• Thanks 1

Top !!! :good:

• Thanks 1

Hello everyone, the first beta is now released.  The information is in the first post.

I look forward to the feedback so I can improve the effect further before applying them to the rest of the F-4s in SF2.  Thank you for enjoying the mod. 

Cheers

Edited by Eagle114th
  • Thanks 1

SFCE v1.0a beta released

Changelog

- Code error on left afterburner ring, fixed.  Now shows up properly in SF2.
- Fixed military thrust effect, so it won't clip through F-4 model when zooming all the way 
- Added txt file known as _Added_Changed_CODES.txt, so modder can see what is changed/added in F-4B_DATA.INI
- Cleaned AIRCRAFT_F-4_AfterburnerEmitter.ini and got rid of codes leftover.  Now you willl only see codes that is actually used.

UPDATE: I realized the sound code wasn't change. I forgot to modify that.  please update your F-4B_Data.ini with this:

[Sound]
EngineSoundName=ENG_US_J79
AfterburnerSoundName=ENG_US_J79Burner
DamagedEngineSoundName=
FlapsSoundName=Flaps
AirbrakesSoundName=Airbrakes
GearsSoundName=Gear

Edited by Eagle114th
  • Thanks 1

Right now I am looking through F-4s various mods for any upgrades / improvement.  I am in process of preparing all TW F-4s for new effects.  

Right now I am looking into various mods and the credits will be given in the page, aloing with the links to mods:

If any of you know or suggest additional mods I am not aware of that improves TW F-4s, please let me know.

While I am tweaking the codes through the various plane, saw the codes about the cockpit, folding wings, and other animation, including re-enabling the disabled arrest hook for the USAF version.  I do realize that USAF does not use it, unless in an emergency landing on the runway with cables.  (Correct me if I am wrong though.)

Here are the screenshots of the F-4Bs and F-4Ds.  (Note I am testing both F-4B and F-4D due to different configurations for USN and USAF versions.)

img00012

img00005

img00006

Edited by Eagle114th

hello my name is Mek and I haven't been here in quite a bit

that's nice, really nice please work on it

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Well well! Nice to see you back Stary!! :drinks:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stary said:

coming in from the sea? :biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/18/2022 at 8:24 PM, RustyKurnass said:

The AB effect is beautiful!

Thank you and I am happy you like it!

On 5/19/2022 at 4:45 AM, NIELS said:

Well done!!! :good:

Thank you.  I am looking forward to the feedback from the community, so the project can be improved even more.

On 5/19/2022 at 4:54 AM, Coupi said:

Top !!! :good:

Thank you and you are top too!

8 hours ago, Stary said:

Thank you and I am happy you like it!  I am continuing to do my best!  As stated previously, I am awaiting for the feedback from beta.  I am currently working on the fleet of F-4s.  

6 hours ago, Wrench said:

Well well! Nice to see you back Stary!! :drinks:

I agree, It is good to see fellow modders here!

5 hours ago, daddyairplanes said:

It is good to have humor here, it is what makes community here fun!  

Cheers!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, daddyairplanes said:

Or rising from it ... when the Stary's are right ...

cthulhu-rising.jpg

• Haha 2

On 20/05/2022 at 1:37 AM, Eagle114th said:

UPDATE: I realized the sound code wasn't change. I forgot to modify that.  please update your F-4B_Data.ini with this:

[Sound]
EngineSoundName=ENG_US_J79
AfterburnerSoundName=ENG_US_J79Burner
DamagedEngineSoundName=
FlapsSoundName=Flaps
AirbrakesSoundName=Airbrakes
GearsSoundName=Gear

Hello :smile:

Beauty... full mod !

My feedback : the jet engine sound file does not run in my cleaned SF2 install. I don't know why because the afterburner sound file is ok. 

Best regards to everyone ! :hi:

P. 

img00001.jpg.1c82e3c09bf19a8c4df1649ccbe8cff0.jpg

img00002.jpg.fd63d2f2acb380f374148276bd2150d3.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello everyone!

The afterburner effect for J79 was adjusted while RR Spey version got added.  You can see the difference between them.  in meanwhile, I am still awaiting for the feedback on beta.  

Here are J79 version:
NOTE: I noticed vortex wing bug, I fixed it.  I forgot to add "VortexG".

img00021

img00022

Here are RR Spey version (You can see their afterburner is more whitish in color with a smoother afterburner.)
img00017

img00019

• Like 1

Hi !

Video feedback on Beta v1.0a

My issue : no sound for the JetEngine entry (clean SF2 complete install)

P.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Coupi said:

Hi !

Video feedback on Beta v1.0a

My issue : no sound for the JetEngine entry (clean SF2 complete install)

Thank you for the video.  About the sounds, it is fixed in the next version.  The next version of Beta will be out by next week.  It will cover all F-4s.

Cheers

• Thanks 1

Hello everyone,

Just to keep everyone up to date.  All F-4s are almost completed.  Right now the sound issues are being worked on.  What I learned is that, when working with afterburner effects, having to clone original engine codes, I have to keep most of it intact, in order, for the sounds to work.  There are several "FakeEngine" so I can use multi-effects for the engines.

However, besides that, A-1H and J are completed.  A-4 fleets are being worked on.  The wing vortex is a bit tricky to work on.   Here is what I have working so far.  Please note, the effects is still WIP:

img00027

img00028

img00030

A-4 engine node animation (it is almost noticable.  When you fly and zoom all way in, you'll notice it.)

img00033

When all A-4s effects, sounds, and ini tweaks are completed; the next version of the beta will be released featuring all F-4s, A-1s, and A-4s. 

Eagle114th

Edited by Eagle114th

I updated, and corrected all the lighting on the Skyraiders yearssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ago. The data inis are in some of the skin sets I've done.

4 hours ago, Wrench said:

I updated, and corrected all the lighting on the Skyraiders yearssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ago. The data inis are in some of the skin sets I've done.

I see, wasn’t aware of that.  I will check your A.1 mods.  There are overwhelming numbers of mods out there. So it is easy to get lost. Thank you for the head up. 

UPDATE1:  I also saw your .ini files for A-4 series.  It saved me tons of coding works in .ini.  Thank you for awesome ini files for A-4 series!  I am now seeking for your A-1 ini files.  I just got an idea for an interesting effects for A-1H and J. 

UPDATE2:  Found flyable A-1H and J by Dels and Wrench.  This mod contains what I needed in Data.ini.  I am updating A-1H and J series with it.

Eagle114th

Edited by Eagle114th
  • Like 2