Sign in to follow this  
Eagle114th

Problems with LandingLight and runway / flashing lights

Hello everyone,

I need help with this problems.  After implementing LandingLight to F-4B and started in a night mission, I noticed two things:

1) The main light keep flashing until I change to "non-flashing" nav light mode.  Is that normal?  

2) The runway does not get full light, there are section that goes dark while other section get shined.   Here is screenshot:

Here is the codes:

[Nose]
ParentComponentName=Fuselage
ModelNodeName=fuselage_front
ShowFromCockpit=FALSE
DamageRating=DESTROYED
MassFraction=0.274
HasAeroCoefficients=FALSE
StructuralFactor=1.5
MinExtentPosition=-0.69, 3.24,-1.33
MaxExtentPosition= 0.69,10.03, 1.09
CollisionPoint[001]= 0.00, 9.05,-1.33
CollisionPoint[002]= 0.00,10.03,-0.79
CollisionPoint[003]= 0.00, 5.13, 1.09
SystemName[001]=FuselageFuelCell1
SystemName[002]=Pilot
SystemName[003]=CoPilot
SystemName[004]=NoseGear
SystemName[005]=LandingLight

[LandingLight]
SystemType=LIGHT
Position=0.055,7.75,-1.343
LightSrcOffset=2.6046,49.0560,3.50
Color=0.66,0.66,0.6
Brightness=0.06
LightSrcRange=150
LightRange=45.0
CanFlash=FALSE
LightNodeName=LandingLight
IsLandingLight=TRUE 

I am still puzzled about this problem.  If anyone know the solve, please let me know.

Cheers

play with the values in the landing light entry. i've had to do that with some recent projects, but not that skilled to give solid answers other than dont screw with the color :lol:

seriously though play around with Brightness, LightSrcRange and LightRange on each of the landing gear lights. if you have any left and right ones that is actually great. play with left then compare with right (provided you dial them down from super bright)

make sure your positions are lined up good too, sometime they can be off on non stock planes

2 hours ago, daddyairplanes said:

play with the values in the landing light entry. i've had to do that with some recent projects, but not that skilled to give solid answers other than dont screw with the color :lol:

seriously though play around with Brightness, LightSrcRange and LightRange on each of the landing gear lights. if you have any left and right ones that is actually great. play with left then compare with right (provided you dial them down from super bright)

make sure your positions are lined up good too, sometime they can be off on non stock planes

That is noted.  I think it may be related to LightSrcOffset since I copied it from F-84F (TW). I will play with the value until the problem is solved.

Cheers

I am pulling my hair.  No matter what I do, the runway still appears to be buggy with the landing gear lights.  When the next version of SFCE beta is released, I hope someone can show me why this light isn't working properly with the runway.

Eagle114th

Edited by Eagle114th

14 minutes ago, Eagle114th said:

I am pulling my hair.  No matter what I do, the runway still appears to be buggy with the landing gear lights.  When the next version of SFCE beta is released, I hope someone can show me why this light isn't working properly with the runway.

Eagle114th

I have this with my (no modded) install ! :smile:

I'm testing... :pilotfly:

img00005.jpg.e5d6666e3bcfd619bfb62affc2fc9764.jpg

Edited by Coupi
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Coupi said:

I have this with my (no modded) install ! :smile:

I'm testing... :pilotfly:

May I ask, what is the result of your testing with the landing gear light? 

Cheers

My first test is the previous screenshot and the following one is with these entries... I can't explain it !

This is not the position of the light, not the range of the entries... :dntknw:

[LandingLight]
SystemType=LIGHT
Position=0.055,7.75,-1.343
LightSrcOffset=0.0,30.0,-0.1
Color=0.66,0.66,0.66
Brightness=0.08
LightSrcRange=100.0
IsLandingLight=TRUE 

img00006.jpg.1848d2ee0784c2afcba1f7251d8212a3.jpg

Edited by Coupi