Sign in to follow this  
Eagle114th

Cockpit lights??? (Night mode)

Hello everyone,

There is one thing I always wonder, is there any way to enable lights inside cockpit during the night? 

The reason why I ask is because I noticed when I start a night mission, there is no light inside instructment in cockpit.  So I am wondering if there is a way to enable them by in SF2?  If not, can it be enabled by modding?  

I also have another question, it is about this code:

[CockpitSeat001]
LightRange=1.5
LightInnerConeAngle=50
LightOuterConeAngle=60
LightAngles=0.0,-30.0,0.0
DiffuseLightFactor=0.5
NightLightOn=0.50 
NightLightColor=0.6,0.3,0.4

I noticed there is NightLightOn and NightLightColor.  I tried changing NightLightOn from 0.5 to 3.0 to see if it brighten the red light inside cockpit, doesn't work.  I would like an advice on how to make the red light stronger or giving more red light inside cockpit.

Eagle114th

Edited by Eagle114th

Try changing the NightLightOn= number down, not up. NightLightOn=0.10 or less should work to give you a good glow in the cockpit.

It represents the fraction of full daylight (1.00) at which the cockpit light comes on.

NightLightColor= is the color of the cockpit light, 0.6,0.3,0.4 should give you a pale red glow.

NightLightOn is an 0.0 to 1.0 value, which determines what is the low light level to turn it on. Stock birds should have night light, unless the cockpit.ini got changed.

No brightness setting for it, you might experiment with the DiffuseLightFactor value, also 0.0. to 1.0 range.

"More" of red light, change the cone angles, that way a wider area is lit. By changing the color itself you can get "stronger red". 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Gatling20 said:

Try changing the NightLightOn= number down, not up. NightLightOn=0.10 or less should work to give you a good glow in the cockpit.

It represents the fraction of full daylight (1.00) at which the cockpit light comes on.

NightLightColor= is the color of the cockpit light, 0.6,0.3,0.4 should give you a pale red glow.

Thank you, I will experiment with it.

Cheers

Edited by Eagle114th