Sign in to follow this  
Eagle114th

Sorting weapon list in loadout screen (Questions)

Hello everyone!

I am wondering if there is any of way to re-organize the weapon list in alphabetic order, like an aircraft list?

The only thing I can think of is, to create weapondata.ini and re-organize the list which would be a major pain in the ass. So I am hoping there is another way I am not aware of.

Cheers

Use weaponeditor. TIme consuming but easy.

Alphabetical order is not a good idea. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, yakarov79 said:

Use weaponeditor. TIme consuming but easy.

Alphabetical order is not a good idea. 

Thank you for the advice.  The reason why I am doing it alphabetically is that I am adding 'tags' to the weapons.  For example:

(Types) Name [Guidiance]

(AAM) AIM-9D Sidewinder [IR]
(AAM) AIM-7D Sparrow [SARH]
Etc

I will look into weaponeditor.

Cheers

weapons data in is no longer required for SF2. each weapon has it's OWN data in within it's own folder

13 hours ago, Wrench said:

weapons data in is no longer required for SF2. each weapon has it's OWN data in within it's own folder

Quite true, but not the full picture. During the development of ODS 30AE we discovered that it is best to compile a global WeaponData.ini with TW's weapon editor. Not only this allows to have only relevant weapons in a mod folder and remove any unused stock and anachronistic weapons from appearing, it also allows to reorder them and, surprisingly, it seems the AI makes use of guided bombs, while in the old days they wouldn't and dumb versions were required.

Bottom line is, if you're planning to do something right for a mod folder, better use the weapon editor. If you're just an end-user who wants to play with an aircraft add-on and its weapons, then you shouldn't bother about this.

Edited by Menrva
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

my two cents on it, time is a resource we expend just like money, gas etc.

you have a very ambitious project. but once you release, three types will download it. the ones who will use as is, the ones that will tweak to learn /change how they want, and the ones that will copy group two and not know what they are doing. both of the second two will ask alot of questions and frustrate you (esp group three, just ask Menrva about ODS :biggrin:).

the short version: end users will break this in about 3 seconds, and frustrate you when they ask why its broken

mind you, i generally am all for making whatever mod your heart desires. hell im about to make yet another 510th FS Viper skin :lol:. but if doing an all encompassing overhaul, ask how hard it will be to break. that is how much time do you want to spend doing this for the community when someone comes along and says it doesnt work anymore because someone took 90 seconds to install a new weapon that isnt in your system

• Like 1

Like daddy said... this kind of mod is more for personal use rather than global update.  In the end, you will have someone asking why AA-2 Atol, not R-3 or K-13 Wympel, Why AIM-9F, not 9B FGW mod2...etc, etc...

Personally, I am making my own weapon list (in weapon editor) for my mods like Vietnam, Iran etc.. but I sort in a way - fuel tanks, pods, gun pods, a2g missiles, a2a missiles, bombs, rocket pods/rockets...but I keep it for myself, and each time I add new weapon and have the intention to keep it I will edit in proper position via weapon editor. Another thing is that I keep weapons only suitable for a specific mod, and only if I like the model itself (no placeholders either).

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Menrva said:

AI makes use of guided bombs, while in the old days they wouldn't and dumb versions were required

I just tried on a stock install with F-4E and LGB and my wingman could use successfully GBU-12, on a target that I assigned, not the mission target. I have also tried with the super-etendard mod, atlis +LGB, also ok. What is the problem with the LGB and AI ?

Wingman will drop  LGB on the assigned target or mission target.

Nonplayer flights have problems.

However, game flights will drop LGBs on mission targets - but only if targets are from ground objects pool. So F-111 will do tank plinking but will have problems with dropping LGB on hangar or Kebab shack. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

well, ya know, they should like leave the kebab shop alone man

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.c98b4e976d093da5c2742241c51d2ecb.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

• Haha 1

seriously, man, don't be messing up my kebab shacks. worked hard on those!!!!! :wink:

• Haha 2