GKABS

Top Gun 2022

Just came back from watching Top Gun 2022 and I must say I like the story line much better then the 1986.

and an extra bonus video I think you well all like it I hope.

Edited by GKABS
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Cool videos!

Tom Cruise in a L-39 Albatros! One of the best trainer planes ever.

• Like 1

I watched it yesterday at the cinema with a friend. I really enjoyed the movie, and I think the storyline is decent compared to the first movie, even better on some regards.

Sure, there are quirks and inaccuracies here and there, some noticeable CGI stuff, but overall I had low expectations and it surprised me a bit. Loved the aerial footage and some poignant scenes with characters. The movie objective was to be enjoyable and I think it succeded in its purpose.

44 minutes ago, Menrva said:

I watched it yesterday at the cinema with a friend. I really enjoyed the movie, and I think the storyline is decent compared to the first movie, even better on some regards.

Sure, there are quirks and inaccuracies here and there, some noticeable CGI stuff, but overall I had low expectations and it surprised me a bit. Loved the aerial footage and some poignant scenes with characters. The movie objective was to be enjoyable and I think it succeded in its purpose.

I totally agree with you. :ok:

Saw it today and yes very good overall I thought.

Have downloaded the free MSFS2020 TopGun Maverick add on so am sorted!

It was awesome. Agree that it felt better than the first one, as blasphemous as it might sound. 

Bonus points for Maverick's jacket: In the trailers they had apparently replaced RoC and Japan flags for PRC points, they used the right ones in the film. Here's hoping they slipped it through and Tom Cruise burned some social credit score

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I just got back from seeing the the movie and I have to agree that it seems at least as good if not better than the original.

The guy they had playing Goose's son was great. Also is Penny supposed to be the Penny Benjamin that Goose mentioned back in the original movie?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KJakker said:

I just got back from seeing the the movie and I have to agree that it seems at least as good if not better than the original.

The guy they had playing Goose's son was great. Also is Penny supposed to be the Penny Benjamin that Goose mentioned back in the original movie?

Yeah, the Penny referenced in the first movie is the one Mav has a romance with in the new one.. Jennifer Connelly looks very good for her age 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, KJakker said:

is Penny supposed to be the Penny Benjamin that Goose mentioned back in the original movie?

I always felt she was meant to be