Sign in to follow this  
gaw

slow slide

The Recon Wars update is a treat and beautiful to explore....but it's a slow slide into the dirt.  How ANY of those guys survived is a mystery...most didn't by all accounts.  Been having fun taking on the role w/ all the extras but wind up w/ a dirt nap 80% of the time....and that includes dumping any load any scrurrying for cover at THE FIRST SIGN of opposition.  Maybe I need to polish my observer gun skills....but it's damn discouraging....how's the rest of you doing?

• Like 1

I'm taking a lot more Archie fire than before. I normally get more altitude than the mission asks for.

Enemy aircraft aren't much of a problem. Now that they won't chase you home you have an easy escape from them.

Setting air activity to low?  Turning forced encounters off? Shoving a $20 into the disk drive before each mission compiles? Other than developing a lot of "gun jams" or "engine seizures" before crossing the lines, that's all the tips I got! :ok:

Haven't managed to take a decent photograph yet.  Hard to juggle everything the pilot needs to do and take the photo as observer, even with Level Auto Pilot.

I think this falls under the category of "be careful what you wish for!" I've lost count of the number of crew I've sent to an early grave. Accomplishing any mission objectives while being blasted at by AA fire, hounded by enemy machines, worrying about mechanical failures on our own plane... it really shows you just how much the two-seater crews had to manage. It's a constant stream of worries from take off to touch down!