Sign in to follow this  

I have an aircraft here with an RPM readout. The correct idling readout is 2500 RPM which is correct. The  Instrument approach is 6500 rpm which is correct.

But the readout does not go above 6500 rpm. That's max.  Whereas in the real aircraft (As per Official Pilot's Notes), Brake Hold is 6800, max continuous is 7600, Intermediate is 7800 and Take-off is 8500.

How does one adjust the RPM readout? I tried adjusting max rpm to about the 1.30 and got the needle suddenly jumping to 8, with the longer needle sticking at 12 0'clock. But it's not a smooth increase. It jumps from 6500 to 8000. Am I on the right track or not?

I wasn't going to name the aircraft because I didn't want to upset the author, but it's the Stock TK Maxx Hawker Hunter F6.

Hello

To me it seems an easy fix, but I just can't find the "Stock TK Maxx Hawker Hunter F6" so I can't reproduce the issue and solve it.

MaxRPM is 1.0
Sometime you have a value over 1.0 but it's FullABRPM=, meaning the use of the afterburner increase the RPM.
So if the max RPM is 3450 it's MaxRPM=1.00, or max RPM 8500 it's MaxRPM=1.00, or max RPM 10000 it's MaxRPM=1.00. It's the basis setting.
The difference will be in the cockpit file.
If you use the stock Hunter cockpit, the RPM gauge is set to max at 8000 RPM.
To have 8500 as max RPM it should be edited in the cockpit ini file.

The jump from 6500 to 8000 is because you changed the RPM value but not the Throttle values.

What I would do is :
use the original TW values for the engine part in the data.ini file, to avoid the RPM jump
(Extract? and) edit the RPM gauge to set it to 8500 as the max value

If not enough, rewrite the engine part with the values you want but every value should be checked (idle / cruise / military / max / FullAB when needed - Throttle / RPM /Nozzle)

Cliff 7600: TK MAXX was a joke. It's a shop. But, you know, bit like TK the originator of SF.  I'll leave the jokes to Jack Benny

It's the HUNTER F.6. that I'm talking about

The max rpm shows on my gauge as 6000, not 8000.

Anyway, thank you, I'll try your suggestion.

Sorry for posting in the wrong area, Eagle 114th.

Yes, you're absolutely correct, Cliff 7600.

It's the RPM entries in the cockpit .ini

[RPM]
Type=TACHOMETER
NodeName=needle_rpm
MovementType=ROTATION_Y
Set[01].Position=0.0
Set[01].Value=0.0
Set[02].Position=2880.0
Set[02].Value=1.0

[RPM2]
Type=TACHOMETER
NodeName=needle_rpm_2
MovementType=ROTATION_Y
Set[01].Position=0.0
Set[01].Value=0.0
Set[02].Position=360.0  ------------------------------------[I changed this to 500, and the Needles read 8000 RPM at max throttle, as per Flight Manual]
Set[02].Value=1.75

I should have know better than adjusting the engine settings in the Data.ini. I have a note on how to adjust the handover point between Mil Power and afterburner to suit your physical throttle detent. So naturally that has nothing to do with RPM settings.

Thank you for your immense help

• Like 1