Sign in to follow this  
robert

Wings over vietnam patch problem

hello,i just cant able to patch the very first patch to the game,theres an error message that says:Wov.exe is not a valid previous version and could not be upgraded.Is there an older patch?please help!

hello,i just cant able to patch the very first patch to the game,theres an error message that says:Wov.exe is not a valid previous version and could not be upgraded.Is there an older patch?please help!

I guarantee you that you're trying to patch an already patched game. Check the version number, it will give you the game's date. You should only apply patches newer than the version number date.

I guarantee you that you're trying to patch an already patched game. Check the version number, it will give you the game's date. You should only apply patches newer than the version number date.

Hi again,Fubar512 i tried all the patches and non of them works,you want to tell me that the game is already patched with all 3 of them(patches)?

Hi again,Fubar512 i tried all the patches and non of them works,you want to tell me that the game is already patched with all 3 of them(patches)?

What v does it say bottom right of your main screen?

What v does it say bottom right of your main screen?

it says v.09.24.04,does it helps?

that means your last patch was sept 2004...

your game is not patched at all... here is the official patch page from Third Wire

WOV Patch page

I have all 3 installed and it reads 07/05/05

Edited by Sidewinder86

that means your last patch was sept 2004...

your game is not patched at all... here is the official patch page from Third Wire

WOV Patch page

I have all 3 installed and it reads 07/05/05

Hi there my friend,i've already got the 3 patches,maybe the installation wasn't good,i'll try to reinstall the game maybe it 'll fix my problem,but hey thanks anyway!! :bye:

p.s thanks for the mail. ;)

Edited by robert

I reinstalled WoV and still no joy,it says:"The file D:\anita\games\wings over vietnam\Wings Over Vietnam\WOV.exe is not a valid previous version and could not be upgraded."

What is the problem!!!??? :help:

:dntknw: sounds to me like you have a bad game out of the box. exchange it for a new one???

Also check out the ThirdWire Forums and search there and/or ask TK for help.

I have telled following another guy some weeks ago and it worked for him :

install WOV out of the box, then start it and do a single mission.

Then try to apply the patch 1. If it works, do another single mission. Repeat this sequence until all patches are installed.

It's worth a try.

Good Luck

I have telled following another guy some weeks ago and it worked for him :

install WOV out of the box, then start it and do a single mission.

Then try to apply the patch 1. If it works, do another single mission. Repeat this sequence until all patches are installed.

It's worth a try.

Good Luck

Well i tried your theory Crusader,and once again nothing,maybe the problem is as Sidewinder86 said within the game itself,i'll just replace the copy and we'll see from there,thanks anyway for the help guys.

Edited by robert