Sign in to follow this  
big_les

4k screen and text size

Hi guys,

I've searched as best I can but found no clear solution for the super tiny text I'm getting with my 4K laptop screen - I've found the ui.xml file with its 'small' to 'verylarge' settings but although VeryLarge *seems* to appear larger, it's still too tiny for comfort. 

Is there a solution that I'm missing? I found this mod that apparently allows changing of font size but it looks like it just does what I've already tried inside the ui.xml file. https://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4337523/Re:_Hud_Guage_size_question

Thanks!

4K by definition (pardon the pun) is lots of pixels, so everything will be resolved smaller.  However, 4K and on a much smaller laptop screen when compared to a monitor?  You will get very tiny everything.

You could try running a notch or two lower on the resolution in flight.  Try setting 2440x1440 or similar, depending on your screen proportions, for example.  Should still look great.

Many thanks for your response Polovski - that is a fair point; it's a 17 inch screen (Alienware 17) which seems large to me as I've never had a decent PC or laptop previously! But of course for that high resolution isn't that big. As long as I'm not missing a workaround I'm happy to drop the res :) Amazing work by the way!

Hi, Les.

You could also try increasing your display text size setting. I've done this on my desktop PC and it doesn't seem to have any negative effects on WOFF on my machine.

Thanks.  I strain to see on a 34" 3440 x1440 screen (not quite 4K) sometimes, so yeah 17" with even more pixels packed in would be a real test !

As BB says you can also increase the font size in windows (can cause the odd glitch in some programs though), athough this won't change the fonts in labels when running the sim / in flight.