Sign in to follow this  
Stratos

Jaguar A in Chad scheme, need the RGB values.

I want to paint a Jag in Chad scheme consisiting in Desert Yellow and Chocolate Brown for the upper side and Aluminium to the underside. Anyone know the RGB values of those three colors? Thanks!

Check the colors for the bottom AC.

Then google images of the colors and pick up the color via an grapic program.

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 3

Colors used by AdA.

creme FS 33798

chocolate FS 30125

dark tan FS 30215

light stone FS 33531

beige FS 33617

aluminum FS 17178 (lower surfaces)

Chad scheme two-tone - creme + chocolate + aluminum

Chad four-tone -  creme, light stone, dark tan,  chocolate + aluminum 

• Like 1

Hi Stratos,

Maybe these should help :) These are the templates for Tchad scheme i made for ODS 30th anniversary :)

jaga_01.JPG

jaga_02.JPG

jaga_03.JPG

jaga_04.JPG

jaga_05.JPG

Thanks a lot guys! Got the colors right, really apreciatted!

The cherry on top would be the Armée de l'Air roundel with the yellow border in a good res. Anyone?

My profiles available on "Libyan Air Wars" series show the Jags used in Chad as sporting the yellow bordered roundel.

Why not just take the roundel from soulfreak, draw a yellow circle and put that layer below the roundel? It's VERY little effort...:dntknw:

Edited by Nyghtfall
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Nyghtfall said:

Why not just take the roundel from soulfreak, draw a yellow circle and put that layer below the roundel? It's VERY little effort...:dntknw:

I really suck at drawing NEW things, I can copy and paste pretty good for my own use, but creating new content is hard for me. Sorry, will keep searching.

On 6/25/2022 at 10:16 AM, Stratos said:

I really suck at drawing NEW things, I can copy and paste pretty good for my own use, but creating new content is hard for me. Sorry, will keep searching.

not to put you down, but a simple geometric shape can be easily manipulated in PS or GIMP. for the said roundel, do a layer with the roundel, duplicate layer, fill in the layer to the yellow you want, move layer below original, then expand out to size you want the border to be.

there's more if you really want to fine tune it, but that would get you your roundel. and it took me three times as long to write this as it would to make it.

i suck at original creation too. i consider what i do much more as image manipulation, although over the years i have gotten decent at tracing and fine tuning patches and artwork for which there isnt any really good  (ie: head on view, large resolution, easy to transfer) images.

all it takes is a first step and practice

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1