Why would there be a 5 file limit on mods also the website doesnt even count it out properly only downloaded 4 mods and then nah i apparently downloaded 5 files then boom blocked this is absoloutely stupid

• Dislike 16

It costs money to maintain the site so the Admins came up with this restriction. If you want more downloads subscribe to the site.

• Like 7

37 minutes ago, Blitzer said:

Why would there be a 5 file limit on mods also the website doesnt even count it out properly only downloaded 4 mods and then nah i apparently downloaded 5 files then boom blocked this is absoloutely stupid

You could be a bit more polite and grateful... instead of whining like a b*tch...
There are other sites and fora regarding SF where you have NO downloads unless you pay and/or register...
This community is mostly a labour of love... but the site doesn't run on air...

So I hope you tone down and be happy with the arrangements they made here. A lot of modders offer their work here, and a simple thank you would suffice...

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Blitzer said:

You were suspended because even with all the warnings about only having one account you created a duplicate account to circumvent the download restrictions, which suspended all accounts belonging to you. For clarity, the accounts that were duplicated, Blitzer and jagdpanzer531, have been suspended.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 5

26 minutes ago, Erik said:

You were suspended because even with all the warnings about only having one account you created a duplicate account to circumvent the download restrictions, which suspended all accounts belonging to you. For clarity, the accounts that were duplicated, Blitzer and jagdpanzer531, have been suspended

Thank you Erik, this is the way to go with this kind of behavior.:good:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Good move boss!! :drinks: some people will just never 'get it'

• Like 6

Dickhead, I wouldnt mind if the sub was expensive, some folk are just disrespectful morons, who think they can take the piss. A lifetime ban sounds applicable here to me.

• Like 5

well, if he tries it again, i think he'll get found quickly acting like that.

some folks dont know how to act sneaking back into banned sites

• Like 3

I could be wrong or seem prejudiced, but I would say that these subjects are the new generations, they still don't contribute anything and are already complaining about something... it's the fault of today's society that consents to everything. .then they are going to complain to someone else about the people from CA blocking them, why would that happen to them:stars:? clumsy!

Edited by PeacePuma
  • Like 6

Personally, I'd LOVE to watch how it'd play out if someone tried pulling that kind of shit of the DAT site. (do we have an 'eating popcorn emoji???)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, PeacePuma said:

I could be wrong or seem prejudiced, but I would say that these subjects are the new generations, they still don't contribute anything and are already complaining about something...

Don't want to say you're wrong, but let's not generalize. I'm 27 years old and I can assure you I've been treated like crap online with tons of requests and subsequent complaints (for mods that come for free) by people whose age is ranging from 30 to 60. And surprisingly, I got positive attitude and comments by guys who are in college instead. Simply put, I think people who cannot behave themselves as mature adults in real life act like spoilt children online. I guess it has all to do with education. Luckily I received a good one. I would never want to be like that guy.

• Like 6

I posted what I did to answer his question with no malice. People create duplicate accounts regularly to circumvent the download restrictions on average 4-5 times per day. I don't take offense to it the system automatically suspends the accounts. You can't blame the guy for trying.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just A thousand thanks to you all modders ! But pitty Erik you banned Blitzer (and jagdpanzer531.. :haha:so soon : he (they ?:bad:) will never be able to deeply apologize... 

• Like 2

I wouldnt complain about the download limit but i get furious sometimes about how i can only download one to four a day instead of the 5 downloads per day. Maybe because I have been dwonloading a bit too much mods lately. 

When I first joined this community I had to download my file just the same as everyone else, with the 5 files download limit. I used to log in every day to download the 5 files. But then I paid for a download pass if I remember correctly for a week and downloaded all the files I needed. So what I am trying to say is just deal with it as it's free to download and if you need to download more files just pay for 2 days pass and it's not expensive at all. This my 1 cents in this subject.

Regards

https://combatace.com/store/category/1-subscription-plans/

Edited by GKABS
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, Ruskiwaffle1991 said:

I wouldnt complain about the download limit but i get furious sometimes about how i can only download one to four a day instead of the 5 downloads per day. Maybe because I have been dwonloading a bit too much mods lately. 

I apologize for the confusion. Please feel free to review your download log, specifically the dates and files per day allowed. The system is working as intended.

Tu-22M3 Backfire-C for SF2                                 07/05/2022 03:18 AM        9.36 MB     Ruskiwaffle1991
Flyable A-1H/J Skyraider for SF2V Ver 1.0        07/04/2022 10:50 PM        12.46 MB     Ruskiwaffle1991
A-5A v3.0 for SF2                                                   07/04/2022 03:52 AM        19.21 MB     Ruskiwaffle1991
F4D-1 Skyray ULTIMATE PACK for SF2              07/04/2022 03:31 AM        149.23 MB     Ruskiwaffle1991
MiG-29A Series 9-12                                              07/04/2022 03:09 AM        212.62 MB     Ruskiwaffle1991
C-130 Hercules Superpack                                   07/04/2022 02:39 AM        73.64 MB     Ruskiwaffle1991
C-130 Hercules Superpack                                   07/03/2022 04:09 AM        73.64 MB     Ruskiwaffle1991
MiG-25P/PD/PDS "Foxbat-A/E"                           07/03/2022 03:27 AM        80.75 MB     Ruskiwaffle1991
B-58A Huster for SF Upgrade/Update Pak        07/03/2022 03:26 AM        3.29 MB     Ruskiwaffle1991
Avro Vulcan B.2 Skin Pack                                   07/03/2022 12:18 AM        30.16 MB     Ruskiwaffle1991
Vulcan B2                                                                07/03/2022 12:17 AM        165.79 kB     Ruskiwaffle1991

• Like 2

6 hours ago, GKABS said:

When I first joined this community I had to download my file just the same as everyone else, with the 5 files download limit.

another method would be to become a (quality!) modder and contribute.  i generally get a subscription once  a year or so as able. and no not a yearly one at that.

but seeing as i contribute mods for folks to use, i am able to download more than the 5 (although by the time i got modder status i had quite abit already)

back to the threads key point, 5 a day if you do nothing else (by effort or money) isnt too bad. if you want more, give something back to teh community

well maybe not the original authors point but the point this thread has morphed into

and at @Erik, now im scared to see your record on the day i was pulling HrntFxrs F-16 work :lol:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GKABS said:

When I first joined this community I had to download my file just the same as everyone else, with the 5 files download limit. I used to log in every day to download the 5 files. But then I paid for a download pass if I remember correctly for a week and downloaded all the files I needed. So what I am trying to say is just deal with it as it's free to download and if you need to download more files just pay for 2 days pass and it's not expensive at all. This my 1 cents in this subject.

Regards

https://combatace.com/store/category/1-subscription-plans/

^ What he said.

If you want to download stuff, just pay a small amount of money and get, what you need on a shorttime-suscription. Nothing is free in life...deal with it.

Just seriously think a minute what crap you are buyng with your money (I am not excluding myself ;), so spent a small amount of it instead on this site.

20 hours ago, C.Pascal said:

But pitty Erik you banned Blitzer (and jagdpanzer531.. :haha:so soon : he (they ?:bad:) will never be able to deeply apologize... 

I guess chances are pretty low, that this would ever happen, don't you think? ;)

• Like 3

You want great mods  -  You gota pay. Extremely worth the money! Especially if your a SF2, WOx genre aficionado. This site is still the 'Rock Star' of mods for these sims.

"Well done modders and CA Administrators!" :salute: :good:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1