GKABS

KAF Typhoon Arriving to UK Airshow

The Kuwaiti Air Force Typhoon Arriving together to UK Airshow with an Italian Typhoon as one of the stars of the static display.

20220715_091619.thumb.jpg.5df81cea09b52f3cf251e4ededddfe27.jpg

• Like 4

that looks really really clean!

not even a joke here, i've spent the last month and a half looking at F-16s, almost all at at the 8 plus year mark.  but that bird looks like i could serve up dinner on it....

• Haha 1

Perhaps indicates how much it has (not) been used? 

Operational Typhoons - RAF, Luftwaffe, AMI etc - all typically have a grimy stain above the outlet over the port wing root.

• Like 1

This one is fresh from the manufacturer, it just completed its acceptance tests. :drinks:

Edited by GKABS

18 hours ago, Mike Dora said:

Perhaps indicates how much it has (not) been used?

well, what this guy said

13 hours ago, GKABS said:

This one is fresh from the manufacturer, it just completed its acceptance tests. :drinks:

as i pointed out, i have been working a project that is mostly Guard and Reserve units in the 1990s. so since the middle of May i have seen alot of pictures of grimy, decade old at time of photo, F-16s. even the ones fresh out the paint shop for its new unit look a little worn.

by comparison, that jet is very clean. I had figured it was popping straight to the UK for the airshow before heading to Kuwait.

Edited by daddyairplanes
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, daddyairplanes said:

I had figured it was popping straight to the UK for the airshow before heading to Kuwait.

You are absolutely correct. We keep our birds clean all the time new or old.:lol:

6 hours ago, GKABS said:

You are absolutely correct. We keep our birds clean all the time new or old.:lol:

Given the place those birds live they have sea water to wash in if they are sea birds and plenty of sand for sandblasting when dry. :lol:

• Haha 2

New photoswhatsapp_image_2022-07-17_at_11_13.47_am.thumb.jpeg.45d2e9ec76496f9c8900034159ccf5b8.jpegkaf_riat_1-1-jpg.jpg.81a2ade4d9f13641038967a70b9d1a15.jpgEFA-Kuwait-@AlessandroMAGGIA.jpg.daef993fc7c3d56c49de8f2cc7370e5f.jpg

• Like 2