Sign in to follow this  

Hi all,

Yes I'm sure there is a simple solution but I am apparently too dumb to come to it. :biggrin: I am trying to just create a simple dogfight in the mission editor and have run into a variety of problems. Simply put, I can't get the group of enemy aircraft I want to spawn where I want them. Now I've figured out that the square is where the aircraft group spawns first, and the triangle will be their first waypoint... but beyond that I can't get them to spawn. Does it have something to do with the before/after time setting? Or simply, how can I guarantee that an enemy aircraft group spawns immediately upon mission start where I want them to?

Before and after time settings are how long before or after mission start a unit spawns in minuets. You want to synchronize the combination of spawn time and flight time so that the two sides arrive at the intercept way-point on time.

3 hours ago, KJakker said:

Before and after time settings are how long before or after mission start a unit spawns in minuets. You want to synchronize the combination of spawn time and flight time so that the two sides arrive at the intercept way-point on time.

So what would be the process for making the enemy aircraft spawn in as soon as I spawn in?

Usually when you generate a mission and then use alt-n to jump from takeoff to the IP there will be an enemy flight already set up to engage you almost as soon as you come out of ‘warp.’

If you don’t like what the game has picked as your opponents then just use the mission editor to change them.

hi

there is a nice little app / tool in the download section here at combatace

dogfight, by Gary Ireland.

it does what it says: it provides an easy way to generate simple dogfight-missions.  maybe this is useful to you ?!

cheers

sokol

21 hours ago, allenjb42 said:

Usually when you generate a mission and then use alt-n to jump from takeoff to the IP there will be an enemy flight already set up to engage you almost as soon as you come out of ‘warp.’

If you don’t like what the game has picked as your opponents then just use the mission editor to change them.

With this in mind, how could I set up longer missions? I guess what I'm trying to figure out is how to make 100% the enemy spawn exactly where I want them to. And how do I designate their spawn point (is that the initial point waypoint or is that the red plane icon?)? I essentially just want to place enemy aircraft wherever and have them spawn there immediately after I start the mission. 

Have you tried copying one of the stock single missions and then editing the date and aircraft types and number to make the dogfight you want?

Also would you please upload the mission file for the mission you are working on. I may be able to fix it for you so you can see how it should be set up.

Edited by KJakker

13 hours ago, KJakker said:

Have you tried copying one of the stock single missions and then editing the date and aircraft types and number to make the dogfight you want?

Also would you please upload the mission file for the mission you are working on. I may be able to fix it for you so you can see how it should be set up.

Oh it's not a specific mission, this is just a general question regarding the mission editor. I'm just trying to understand how I am able to make the enemy planes spawn immediately upon mission start and how to figure out where they are when they spawn.